Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. (1492 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / Peppery Eye While Driving / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. by Coolis: 8:00am On Mar 20, 2018
I have been experiencing smoke entry my eyes while driving my Toyota Camry since last year. I complained, I was advised to work or change the exhaust pot at the back which I did. I changed the pot in January, yet serious smoke is still entry my eyes when I'm on high speed. pls people, what could be the cause?
Re: Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. by mayor2013: 8:11am On Mar 20, 2018
Coolis:
I have been experiencing smoke entry my eyes while driving my Toyota Camry since last year. I complained, I was advised to work or change the exhaust pot at the back which I did. I changed the pot in January, yet serious smoke is still entry my eyes when I'm on high speed. pls people, what could be the cause?

You changed exhaust pot and did spending spree for boys cheesy

Is your check engine light on if yes run a scan. By the way what colour of smoke. Black if yes your ride is more than thirsty for fuel than a man in the desert. Perhaps if you are not sure of the colour of smoke go to your exhaust tail pipe dip your finger in it and check what colour of smoke it is. By the way what year of Camry is this.
Re: Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. by Coolis: 9:09am On Mar 20, 2018
mayor2013:

You changed exhaust pot and did spending spree for boys cheesy

Is your check engine light on if yes run a scan. By the way what colour of smoke. Black if yes your ride is more than thirsty for fuel than a man in the desert. Perhaps if you are not sure of the colour of smoke go to your exhaust tail pipe dip your finger in it and check what colour of smoke it is. By the way what year of Camry is this.

OK, you are right, You hardly see the color of the smoke coming out of the exhaust. I ran a finger through the tail pipe of the exhaust now and realized it's black. What should I do now pls
Re: Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. by mayor2013: 10:25am On Mar 20, 2018
Coolis:
OK, you are right, You hardly see the color of the smoke coming out of the exhaust. I ran a finger through the tail pipe of the exhaust now and realized it's black. What should I do now pls

You need to tune up your engine and check for lambda sensor fault errors
Re: Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. by Shugarlord213: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2018
mayor2013:

You need to tune up your engine and check for lambda sensor fault errors

Sorry to disturb but how does he fix it.
Re: Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. by mayor2013: 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
What year of Camry is this .
Re: Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. by Coolis: 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
I took the car to one auto diagnostic shop, the man fixed the diagnostic machine to the brainbox. He detected that the flow of air through the exhaust is obstructed. A panel beater while checking for the faulty part of the exhaust, realized that the indomie pot with four mouths that go straight into the engine is blocked. An iron net has been fixed in place of the blocked indomie. I'm yet to hit 120km/h, when I do, I will update if the problem has been resolved.
Re: Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. by Coolis: 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
pencil light, it should be 1999
Re: Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. by mayor2013: 6:57pm On Mar 20, 2018
Coolis:
I took the car to one auto diagnostic shop, the man fixed the diagnostic machine to the brainbox. He detected that the flow of air through the exhaust is obstructed. A panel beater while checking for the faulty part of the exhaust, realized that the indomie pot with four mouths that go straight into the engine is blocked. An iron net has been fixed in place of the blocked indomie. I'm yet to hit 120km/h, when I do, I will update if the problem has been resolved.

Na scanner detect this one. Post the scan result
Re: Serious Smoke Entry My Eye While Driving. by TRYGO(m): 7:30am On Mar 21, 2018
Coolie: Replacing your catalytic converter with an iron mesh, won't solve any dammed thing. You would noticed that your fuel economy would be bad, and there'd be a terrible "buuuuuu" kind of noise coming from your exhaust system. I hope you didn't think the iron mesh stuck into the exhaust tailpipe was a permanent fix? Please, if you got the money, do remove that and replaced em.

Joseph

www.dxta.net.ng

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why Your Engine Vibrates When You Turn On The A/C / T / Buying A Car From Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.