Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

The Debilitated Student Union Government, The efficient Management... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Debilitated Student Union Government, The efficient Management... (417 Views)

Jeremiah Fasipe Emerges Student Union President At Sheffield Hallam University / See The Prices Of Students Union Government Form In Uniuyo(photos) / Crises Brews In University Of Calabar As Students' Union Government Ends In Chao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Debilitated Student Union Government, The efficient Management... by Yeezkid: 8:05am On Mar 20, 2018
The debilitated Student Union Government, the Efficient management and the Perfection that are;

By Sir'Aliu

In Ambrose Alli University, intriguing and interesting it is that there is more efficiency in students welfarism from where we less expect it than the student union, I mean it and I will tell you why.

I have held on to Silent observation for a while now, acting like the wise man who listens more and speaks less.

The Union's Tolerance On Criticisms - How they are:
The Student Union Government of Ambrose Alli University, my own institution has given me so much to frown about than to smile about, While we know that one thing which a Government that is ready to achieve success looks out for is CRITICISM, the opposite have we seen in this institution as your criticisms calls for threats from supposed godfathers to the Union, who feel that what the students say will never make heaven fall because their opinions holds no water. When the head is good, you expect enough from the body but when the head is disgustingly bad, you either fix it or fix it because marring it will make no difference, but it is rather unfortunate that some heads can never be fixed even by the Best Doctors cause the most high himself has given up on them. The Comr. Esabu Joseph led student union Government have proven to its ordinary members that in this administration is zero tolerance for criticisms. Take my word, the current Union President, Comr. Esabu Joseph like Buhari has the best intention for students and like Buhari he has lost focus, making it seem to us like he is the opposite of his intentions and this is because of those whom he has no choice than to let direct him as what they are (bad godfathers).
The Perfection of the Union is it's 24hours availability of rapid response counter to criticisms, rather than observing and fixing the content of the criticism. It is in this Government I have seen the fastest Zombie, that acts like a PERFECT Robot, created for the purpose of sabotaging the Union's reputation and we have had no choice than to accept its IMPERFECTIONS as PERFECTION.
In a Nutshell, the Union has failed woefully in upholding Section 3(vi) of the union's constitution as it provides for establishing effective communication with the University authority, so that the privileges and obligations of the union members are maintained... How do they achieve this, when the cry of the union members sounds to them like that of an enemy which they are ready to devour, not by their will but by the will of those who have made the head (N. . . S).

The efficient Management Tolerance - How they should be:
In this we will be wary of immediate conclusion for that will be healthier. But, I am more pleased here as they have given me more to be smile about than to frown about. The management have been wise in handling students criticisms which is why they have been able to curtail demonstrations and in this the Dean of Students is worth commending.
Some CBE results were released where massive failure was recorded, students criticized the management online and offline, On confirming this, there was an immediate meeting wherein the Vice Chancellor declared that the affected results be withdrawn, looked into and amendments made. This Infact was a reality, as the upgrade was far beyond expectation.
There was recently power outage and water unavailability in the school hostel which lasted for over 2weeks while we had a serving union and those who spoke about it were threatened via calls, one who is very close to me. I will tell you of an event which I witnessed barely two months ago while with the Dean of Students, at about 11PM on a Sunday night, when he received a call that students in the hostel were bitterly angry, some students were identified and quoted to have insulted him and the Vice chancellor in a manner that was enough to provoke anyone and the caller also claimed to have even recorded some of the students.
To my greatest amazement the Dean responded by asking the caller, what their grievance was, the caller replied WATER. He hung up and immediately placed a call to a tanker man and in his words I quote [b]"I just received a call that students in school hostel are unhappy due to water unavailability, some of them are climbing the water tank to see if they can get the little water left which cannot pump, what happens if one of them gets injured in the process? Please in the name of God, go and deliver water in the hostel within the shortest time frame as soon as I end this call, you people should always try to do what's right and at the right time". [/b]And behold at about 11:53PM, he received a call that water was already being pumped, he called one of the hostel Gorvo who confirmed this. At this point, I concluded that this isn't just about being a good man but high tolerance for criticisms, having a listening ear and being ready to act for the good of the whole.
The recent unavailability of water in the hostel which lasted about 2weeks, for me was due to the fact that the management decided to pay deaf ears to this issue because they felt we had a Union that needed to carry out it's duty but thanks to heaven for the intervention of the management through the Dean of students as the DOI informed us.

I happen to be the first person to criticize the SUG 17/18 election conduct whose electoral commission was chaired by Prof. Don Akhilomen, the Dean of students, being the Chairman of the commission, I received no threatening call to that effect, though I expected it, it rather ended in a tete a tete where lots of arguments ensued between myself and the Dean who was trying to clear me, on refusing to queue into his opinion while the discussion was ongoing, the SUG President who couldn't put up with criticisms of the process that made him was provoked and made Utterances that are better not said. The Dean again calmed the situation and the president who couldn't take more took his leave.
The Perfection of the management is their being able to listen to our criticisms and trying to remedy them and not fighting us or giving us counter criticisms, take note that the current Vice Chancellor said during the SUG inauguration and I quote "I do not believe in suspension of students, let us discuss and iron things out"... This is tolerance and efficiency.

Stay put as I extend this discuss in the next article, where I'd preferably be talking about the Union's funds (Squandered or intact)...
Sir'Aliu reasons.

(1) (Reply)

Waec 2018 Helpdesk / Enroll For Ijmb, Jupeb, Iufp, Or Nabteb A Level To Gain Admission Into 200 Level / WAEC GCE 2018 Jan/feb Result Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.