Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

My Islamic Short Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Islamic Short Stories (13838 Views)

Short Stories By Talius Dike / Google: Short Stories Google Told As They Celebrate Women Today. / Stories That Touch (short Stories) By Aniekan Andikan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 10:52am On Mar 20, 2018
Hello, Nairaland... This thread will be sharing short pious stories. It gives you break from lustful content.

This stories are written by a brother Architect Wahab Musiliu and I'm sharing them with his express permission.

First update drops today. Ride with me.

4 Likes

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by heryoub22(m): 11:32am On Mar 20, 2018
Ayaff land here my brother

3 Likes

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2018
heryoub22:
Ayaff land here my brother

You're welcome sire
Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2018
WHY SHOULD I MARY YOU

By Wahab Musiliu Olamide

Once there was a very handsome, pious, well educated young man, whose parents emphasized for him to get married.
They had seen so many marriage proposals, and he had turned them all down. The parents thought it was becoming a little ridiculous and suspected that he may have someone else in mind.
However every time the parents left the girls house, the young man would always say ‘she’s not the one!

The young man only wanted a girl who was religious and practicing, however one evening his mother arranged for him, to meet a girl, who was religious, and practicing, On that evening, the young man, and girl, were left to talk, and ask each other questions. (As one would expect).

The young man, being a gentleman that he was allowed, the lady to ask first.
The young girl asked the young man so many questions, she asked about his life, his education, his friends, his family, his habits, his hobbies, his lifestyle, his enjoyment, his pastime, his experiences, his shoe size.

The young man replied to all of her questions, without tiring, and politely, with a smile the young girl took up nearly all of the time, over an hour, and felt bad, and asked the young man do you have any questions?

The young man said, it’s ok. I only have 3 questions… The young girl thought, Wow, ONLY 3 questions okay, shoot.

The young man’s 1st question was,

Question 1: Who do you love the most in the world, someone who’s love nothing would ever overcome?

Answer 1: She said, this is an easy question; my mother, he smiled.

Question 2: He asked, you said that you read a lot of Qur’an, could you tell me which Surahs you know the meaning of?

Answer 2: Hearing this she went red and embarrassed and said, I do not know the meaning of any yet, but I am hoping to soon In Sha Allah, I’ve just been a bit busy.

Question 3: The 3rd question the young man asked, was I have been approached for my hand in marriage, by girls that are a lot more prettier than you Why should I marry you?

Answer 3: Hearing this the young girl was outraged, she stormed off to her parents with fury, and said I do not want to marry this man he is insulting my beauty, and intelligence. And the young man and his parents, were once again, left without an agreement of marriage.

This time, the young mans parents were really angry, and said what did you do to anger that girl, the family were so nice, and pleasant, and they were religious like you wanted. What did you ask the girl? Tell us!

The young man said, firstly I asked her, who do you love the most? she said, her mother, The parents said so, what is wrong with that?
The young man said, ‘no one, is Muslim, until he loves Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala), and his messenger (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam) more than anyone else in the world’ If a woman loves Allah and the Prophet (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam) more than anyone, she will love me and respect me, and stay faithful to me, because of that love, and fear for Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) and we can share this love, because this love is greater than lust for beauty.

The young man said, then I asked, you read a lot of Qur’an, can you tell me the meaning of any surah? And she said no, because I haven’t had time yet. So I thought of that Hadith ‘ALL humans, are dead except for those who have knowledge’ She has lived 20 years and not found ANY time, to seek knowledge, why would I marry a woman, who does not know her rights, and responsibilities, and what will she teach my children, except how to be negligent, because the woman IS the Madrasa (School) and the best of teachers. And a woman who has no time for Allah, will not have time for her husband.
The third question I asked her was, that a lot of girls, more prettier than her, had approached me for marriage, why should I choose you? That is why she stormed off, getting angry.
The young man’s parents said that is a horrible thing to say, why would you do such a thing, we are going back there to apologies.
The young man said I said this on purpose, to test whether she could control her anger. The Prophet (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam) said ‘do not get angry, do not get angry, do not get angry’ when asked how to become pious; because anger is from Satan.

So If a woman cannot control her anger with a stranger she has just met, do you think she will be able to control it with her husband?
So, the moral of this story is, a marriage is based on:
Knowledge, not ONLY Out Looking (Beauty)!
Practice, not preaching/recite only (million of reciter are there), Forgiveness, not Anger, Spiritual love, not Lust and Compromise One should look for a person who

1) Has love for Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) and the messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam).
2) Has knowledge of the Deen (Islam), and can act upon it.
3) can control their anger.
4) and willing to compromise.

And it goes both ways, so women seeking a man, should look for the same things.
Aisha’h (Radiallahu Anhu) reports “one day I was on a camel which was somewhat difficult to control and the Prophet (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam) remarked “you must be compassionate, whenever there is compassion in something it adorns it, and when it is removed from something it disgraces it”.
(Reported by Imam Bukhari (al-adab al-mufrad)

May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) Keep Guiding Us All Always To The Straight Path And May He Grant Us A Sincere Righteous Partners Who Will Be The Coolness Of Our Eyes And Who Will Be The Means Of Entering Jannah Together

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 11:41am On Mar 20, 2018
The Next story is titled NABEELAH, It's a love story. Start reading here >>>http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/20/nabeelah-an-islamic-love-story/

1 Like

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 10:23am On Mar 21, 2018
Re: My Islamic Short Stories by heryoub22(m): 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
Nice story bro. JazakhAllahu-khair
Re: My Islamic Short Stories by 889Folaranmi: 10:11am On Mar 22, 2018
heryoub22:
Nice story bro. JazakhAllahu-khair
wahiyakum bro....
Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2018
Nabeelah (An Islamic Love Story)

By Mubaarak Olayemi Ismail
(Aboo Muhsinah)

EPISODE 1

Only if my mum knew how popular I am on Facebook, she won’t be sending me to buy maggi at the next street. Anytime I am at home for holiday, my mum would want to prove herself as an authoritarian mother no matter how old I am, she would send me petty things like locust bean, onion, salt etc. But I never felt irritated by those errands because I knew it’s just for a little time, very soon I will be back to school, and I depict a good character to her during my stay.

Umm Zainab is a friend to my mum, she sells food stuffs in a small shop in the next street, and my mum sent me to buy Maggi from her.

”Akanni – oko mi – ba mi ra maggi N50 wa lodo Umm Zainab”

”oooohhh, mummy – I dey chat with my bestie nah, buh lemme quickly go”

I only understand 3 sentences in Hausa language, anytime I am at home, I rehearse those sentences with a Mallam beside umm Zainab’s shop.

-” Ta yaya ne za ka? ”
ina lafiya” he replied
– me game de iyali ”
lafiya” he replied

As I was about to say the last sentence, I noticed that Umm Zainab was not the person sitting at her shop; Umm Zainab uses Niqab but the person I was seeing was using khimar I saw that the lady’s eyes were on a Moshaf she held, who could she be? If I ask the Mallam about her, the person will hear because the Mallam can’t speak Yoruba except he shouts while I only understand those three sentences, nothing more.

But my mind told me that she must be Nabeelah, because I was told that Umm Zainab only gave birth to two females and I know Sis. Zainab very well.

I gazed at her for the first time, then I tried to lower my gaze afterwards but ‘the gaze was not lowering’ – I knew her beauty was now the controller of my gaze.

What if I see beyond her face, what could have happened? ” This must be a masterpiece of hoor el eyn of Jannah” ” This should be the end to my ultimate search for a wife material” I looked down to my trousers, I saw that I am still maintaining my nisful zaak, – ”In the presence of no beard, this should entice a good muslimah” – I said to myself I was carried away by these thoughts, I didn’t know when the hausa man left me to attend to his customers I moved directly to Umm Zainab’s shop.

”As – salaamu alaykum” I pronounced the ”shaddah on the siin” and the consonant letter ”ayn” very well, for her to know that I am not just a Muslim, but a steadfast one.

She looked at me and answered, ” wa alaykumu ssalaam” – what do you want sir? My head rang three times upon hearing the manner she replied the tasleem, she even respected me by adding ‘sir!’, she eliminated my belief that girls dressed in khimar don’t respect people.

I noticed that throughout the moment I spent there, she only looked at my face when she answered tasleem, she lowered her gaze afterwards. My mind told me; ”hey guy! Her aqeedah is stronger than yours, don’t mess up” She gave me what I wanted to buy and my mum’s mission was completed, I was about to start my personal mission when her mum appeared from nowhere.

”Ja’far, bawo ni, mummy nko?” she said.

”Alhamdullilah, ma” I said.

She faced her daughter and she started to discuss with her, from their discussion, I discovered that Nabeelah was leaving for school the next day.

”Mummy, I must get to the park before 7 a.m.” Nabeelah said.

Upon hearing what she said, my heart skipped a beat, I began to think about how to propose to her, because if I missed her at that particular moment, I might miss her forever and I couldn’t talk in the presence of her mother. I was determined to try my possible best before she leaves the next day.

“Hey, let’s stop the pillow fight” I surrendered ”
“then, come and carry me to the sitting room” – Nabeelah said playfully
I don’t want her to call me a lazy cat again and I don’t want to carry her, so I quickly raised the issue of her hair.

”dearie, but I remembered you telling me in the evening that you wanted to undo your hair” I announced ”
Oya, let’s do that now”

–Ay alal falaah—

”Nabeelah, what is it by the time, I guess someone is playing with the masjid’s microphone

— As salaatu khayru mina nawm—-

Now, I realized I was dreaming since, ”this girl won’t break my head” I said to myself.

– Alhamdullilah ladhi ahyaana ba’da ma amatana wa ilahin-nushoor

It is 7:47 a.m. now, I felt like a part of me is missing, I said to myself ”Emi ikoyi eso, Iwaju ni baba wa fi n gbota – I must not accept defeat, I must find her by all means”

I grew up with Abiola on the street, but we call him Prof. Because he’s a professional when it comes to asking ladies out; he’s got different styles and methods that any lady can never resist. No matter how strict a lady is, Prof will get her by all means But I broke ties with him when I embraced Sunnah because zina is easier with him – But I need to call him now, he’ll be happy to help

Me: Olayiwola is their surname, why can’t we search for her name on Facebook?

Prof: There will be many Olayiwola Nabeelah on Facebook, except if we can get her other name.

Me: It is like this Facebook stuff won’t work because girls of her type don’t usually use their other names on Facebook, they are like Shareefah Ideal Muslimah, Zaynab StrivingMuslimah, Dhikrah Laughing Muslimah, she maybe Nabeelah Beautiful Muslimah, please let’s find another means.

Prof: I got some good ideas, I know this will work, lend me your ears…….

”Umm, have you heard about the x2 promo the network providers are giving out to their customers?, once you dial the code, your main balance will be doubled

” Ha, children of nowadays, please before you deliver what your mum sent you, quickly help me with the code” Umm Zainab said
I quickly collected her phone and searched through the contact list, But Alas! There was nothing like Nabeelah there, only Allah knew what she used to save the number, or maybe Nabeelah didn’t own a phone. –PLAN FAILED

”Umm, the code didn’t work out for your sim” I said as I return her phone

”Maybe it is for special customers She guessed

An Idea struck my mind, I have to use the opportunity

‘‘Lest I forget ma, how was your daughter’s journey?” I inquired ”Alhamdullilah, she just called me that she arrived safely

” But Umm, I have never seen her before

”Yes, she grew up in Ile-Ife, where she completed her secondary and Hifdh education”

”So, you meant she is an haafeedhah?’

”Yes”

My heart skipped a beat when…
to be continued.

Episode 2 http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/21/nabeelah-an-islamic-love-story-continued/

3 Likes

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by heryoub22(m): 1:06pm On Mar 22, 2018
Bring it on bro. Nice beginning. I hope it will be educative throughout
Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2018
heryoub22:
Bring it on bro. Nice beginning. I hope it will be educative throughout

inshallah
Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2018
NABEELAH Episode 2

My heart skipped a beat when I heard she memorized the Qur’an, and my will to get her waxed stronger. But my second mind was telling me that she might not accept me because she was appearing to be better than me in every aspect, she’s got a stronger aqeedah and also memorized the Qur’an.

”She got admission to The Polytechnic, Ibadan last year” the woman revealed.

At last I got her, I am a student of University of Ibadan which was very close to the polytechnic, though we are on strike but I must get back to school, getting her there will be very easy.

”Mummy, one of my friends just called me now that we must meet one of our lecturers tomorrow, I must travel to Ibadan, very early tomorrow morning” I announced

Abdul rahmaan could also be regarded as sunnatic, he was my intimate friend at secondary school, we both chose U.I and Poly Ibadan on our jamb form, while I was admitted into U.I, he got admitted to Poly Ibadan and he’s popular among Muslim brothers on campus, his popularity will help in the searching.

”A friend in need is a friend indeed” they say. so, I solicited for his help, he was not ready to help at first because it seemed childish and immature to him, It took time to explain what love is to him, he later agreed and pledged to help.

My director of strategy – Prof. Abiola told me he’s fed up with the search and advised me to quit and find someone else, I refused to quit but he quitted.

The boss was gone and I felt like am in an aeroplane without pilot but Allahu Musta’an.

Grrrrrghhh — my phone rang, it was Abd. Rahmaan.

Me: shaykh, salaam alaykum

Abd. Rahmaan: wa alaykum ssalaam, Kayf?

Me: Alhamdullilah

Abd. Rahmaan: Akhi, you said her surname was olayiwola abi?

Me: Yes, Exactly!

Abd. Rahmaan: You won’t believe it, I found her today

Me: wow, Masha Allah, Alhamdullilah

Abd. Rahmaan: but am sorry oo, wetin you see for dah kind girl body

Me: Forget about that, you cannot understand – na me know her value

Abd. Rahmaan: I don talk to her sha, let’s meet in the school library tomorrow by 10 a.m.

Me : No yawa, Jazaakumullah khayr, Am really grateful

I couldn’t sleep that night, I was thinking of what her response would be after listening to my talk. Will she refuse a tall handsome guy with pink lips like me? – Never! Alhamdullilah, she won’t know that I don’t have six packs. I started to rehearse my talk and I prayed to Allah for eloquence, the Dua of Musa came to my mind and I started to murmur it till fajr ”Rabbi Ishrah li sadrii…”. Those dark eight hours are longer than one thousand months, they were the longest of my life.

Punctuality is the key to success, I arrived at the school premises around 9:30 a.m., I called Abd. Rahmaan and we met in the school library, we exchanged pleasantries but he noticed that I was impatient.

He exclaimed ” Oko iyawo, wetin dey do you like”, I told him am in haste to see the sister. He phoned and assured me to calm down.

In a few minutes a sister appeared and Abd. Rahmaan informed me that she was nabeelah, I almost fainted because…
to be continued

Episode 3 : http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/22/nabeelah-an-islamic-love-story-continued-2/

3 Likes

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by Feanah(f): 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2018
Barakallah....Following!!Continue pls

1 Like

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 9:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
Feanah:
Barakallah....Following!!Continue pls

Inshallah, I will update tomorrow morning. But episode 3 is already in the link provided. Mashallah
Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2018
Episode 3

In a few minutes a sister appeared and Abd. Rahmaan informed me that she was nabeelah, I almost fainted because the sister was as fat as madam cash, her face had a slight difference from the face of a former president of Nigeria, with her cheeks designed with six bold stripes of tribal marks, I was stunned and couldn’t stop my mouth from saying ”You fought a lion?”, she smiled because she thought I joked – then I knew the meaning of Abd. Rahmaan’s statement when he said ”wetin you see for dah kind girl body” – I knew it’s a mere co- incidence because the girl also introduced herself as Olayiwola Nabeelah
I quickly explained myself to her that it was a mix up and apologised to her for taking her time. – Aye le oo.

Dizziness came, I knew that I must pay the debt I owed sleep, Abd. Rahmaan took me to the school’s masjid where I slept. I didn’t wake until it’s time for Salatul Dhur. After Salaah, Abd. Rahmaan was about to see me off when my eyes just came across the jewel I have been searching for, Brighter than the sun – The real Nabeelah finally appeared but she hadn’t observe salaah, she rushed in to the masjid for salaah.
I called the attention of my friend and he was surprised he said : ” I knew her very well, she was among the muallimah teaching sister’s Qur’an in the campus, But I don’t know her as nabeelah, we call her Ummul khayr”

I was extremely happy, I felt like a person given a free ticket to jannah from Dunya. After several minutes of waiting, she finally came out and I approached her.

”Alhamdullilah, to be sincere bro. Ja’far, you are really funny – I do appreciate your love for me because there are so many ladies out there, May Allah love you too. But am very sorry to tell you that am not ready for Nikkah, my nikkah will be after my education, and I know that you understand the ruling of relationship in Islam. Am very sorry sir!” Nabeelah replied.
Her reply almost made me faint but seeing my reaction, I knew she pitied me and she continued ”But if you won’t mind, there is another face to this coin. If you can wait for me to finish my education

”loving the person that doesn’t want to see you could also be regarded to as disaster” Imam shafii said.

That was my fate in my waiting period, But since that is the other face to the coin, two years is not too much – I have to wait.
Distasrous was the conditions she gave for the waiting period; I must not try visiting her and I must not try communicating with her through any means, any attempt to foil those conditions will destroy our plan.
A day my eyes were suffering from the hunger of her face and I made up my mind to see her. I am not a fan of MSSN and I neither participate in their programmes nor attend their lectures, but just to see the face of my angel, I attended her school’s jihad week finale but I didn’t see her until the program came to an end. When I saw her face, I reversed my intention of greeting her, I realised letter B that starts BEAUTY also starts BEAST, her face is more than a beast’s in anger mood, she frowned like a whiteman that suffered from the fart of an African man – Strong aqeedah is frustrating at times, I ran for my life.

Very soon the waiting period was over, Nabeelah will be mine any moment from now, I am now free to talk to her but it would be in the presence of her friend, Fatimah. Our plan for nikkah started fully.
My parents are already aware of my intention to get married; I just have to take nabeelah to them for approval, But her parents Insists she must finish her HND programmes before thinking of marriage and every attempt to persuade them proved abortive.
I wonder why nowadays parents won’t approve the marriage of a 22 years old girl and they will allow her to have boyfriends, little did they know that they will have share in her sin when she commits Zina. Umar R.A said: ”Marry out your children when they reach puberty and do not carry their sins”.

There was a man in my neighbourhood that always says: ” My daughter won’t get married until she reaches the ripe age of 28” and the particular girl he’s talking about had aborted 3 pregnancies for Prof. Abiola before she became 20. I knew Nigerian ruqyah can’t deliver the man, He should receive his Ruqyah from Sudais and Shuraym.

After so much prayer and fasting, Nabeelah’s parents finally agreed, and our Nikkah preparation commenced fully.

On a cold night, I saw myself and Nabeelah in a dream, we were playing in a beautiful garden.

” You know I didn’t test any of your ability before I agree to marry you” she said

”yes”

” I will give you a brain ability test now, I you pass the test; I am fully yours but If you fail; we will cancel all our nikkah preparations”

” go on” I agreed
(readers should also try the test)

She asked me to pronounce ”SILK” six times and I did, she also asked me to spell it, ”S-I-L-K” – I pronounced.

She asked ” what do cows drink?”

”Milk” I quickly answered.

She laughed and said ” you are wrong, cows don’t drink milk, they drink water. You are a dullard, I can’t marry you”

I felt a sharp pain in my heart and the dream was terminated, By the time I become conscious, it was...
to be continued

Episode 4 http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/23/nabeelah-an-islamic-love-story-ep-4/

3 Likes

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by Ayoshewa12(f): 12:50pm On Mar 23, 2018
Jazakumllah khayr ketir, I leant so much from the first story,still waiting for more.

1 Like

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 1:56pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ayoshewa12:
Jazakumllah khayr ketir, I leant so much from the first story,still waiting for more.

Alhamdulillah

1 Like

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2018
Nabeelah (An Islamic Love Story) Ep. 4

Episode 4

I felt a sharp pain in my heart and the dream was terminated, By the time I become conscious, it was not in my room, the whole scene was blur, but I see two things in front of me, I can’t tell if there human or angels, they are in full white – the dream was the last thing I remembered.

Am I dead? Could this be heaven? Is it true that angels are in white as they were being showed in Nollywood? But am sure Munkar and Nakir can’t be as thin as these things am seeing.

”Nurse, please go and inform the doctor that he is now conscious” Abdur Rahmaan said.

Alhamdullilah, I am in the hospital not in the grave, I can now see that the two people in whites were nurses. I can also see Nabeelah, fatimah and Abdur Rahmaan.

”How are you feeling now?” nabeelah asked

I looked at her beautiful face but I am too weak to give her a reply

”Leave him, let him rest” the other nurse said

”salam alaykum wa rahmatulah, how is your health, Hope nurse jumoke took good care of you” Nabeelah said when she entered with her friend fatimah.

She didn’t wait for me to answer a question before asking another, I managed to reply her tasleem and ‘Alhamdullilah’to answer the rest

“Alhamdullilah” they cheered, they were happy that I could talk.

Fatimah placed her hand on my forehead and said ”We have brought you a delicious food, I cooked it”. I don’t know what she meant by telling me she cooked the food, placing her hand over my head also angered me but I can’t show the anger in my current state. Even nabeelah that I was planning nikkah with, she never touch me and she had never allow me to touch her.

Apart from being weak, knowing that fatimah cooked the food could not let me eat well; I don’t like that girl, she is an extrovert but would want to portray herself as introvert. But, am less concerned with her attitude. I ate the little i could eat and left the remaining.

”You better eat well now, very soon the nurse will be here to shook your bum-bum” nabeelah joked.

”How did I get here?” I asked.

Nabeelah didn’t answer at first, and I asked her the second time.

She said ”I don’t really know what happened, your friend called me to come here, he said that you were in the state of unconsciousness.”

”The doctor said that you were having blood disorder, though we don’t know what he meant by that, but Alhamdullilah, you are now responding to treatment” fatimah added.

I already know what was happening to me but I won’t tell nabeelah until after nikkah.

Alhamdullilah, akanni boy is fit again and the strike in our school was over. I just finished in the class and about to go home when my phone rang, it was Fatimah that called.

Me: hello, sis fatimah, salam alaykum.

fatimah: wa alaykum ssalaam, where are you?, Come to our house now!

Me: what happened?

Fatimah: Nabeelah had been sitting down here crying since.

Me: crying? What happened?

Fatimah: She told me in the morning that she’s going to the hospital to collect the result of the test she did.

Me: what test is that?

Fatimah: She didn’t tell me either; She had been holding the result while crying bitterly, she didn’t allow me to look at the result, but I guessed it is either Pregnancy test or HIV test

” Hey, ja’far, don’t move any closer, our nikkah won’t be possible again” she said crying.

My heart begin to beat faster

” What is this girl saying?”

”Is it true that she contacted HIV?”

‘‘How will she contact HIV?.”

”Or is she pregnant?”

‘‘How can she be pregnant, when no one had touched her?”

”Is it the pregnancy of holy spirit”

” or this girl had been pretending to be chaste all these while”

”What will happen to all our nikkah preparation now?”

” Ja’far, you are a wicked soul, I just believed the fact that wickedness of a serpent cannot be compared to that of a man” Nabeelah said crying.

I was surprised by…
to be continued

Episode 5: http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/26/nabeelah-an-islamic-love-story-ep-5/

3 Likes

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 12:39pm On Mar 27, 2018
Episode 5

I was surprised by her words, because I have done nothing wrong. ”What have I done” I asked.

She stood up and said ”Why don’t you tell me that you have the SCD (sickle cell disease) ?”

I was dumbfounded and it was like the heaven is about to fall, I knew my nikkah had failed but I wondered how she knew.

She continued ” I knew you will be surprised about how I knew. When you were discharged from the hospital, I went to make enquiries on what is called ‘blood disorder’, I was told that it is the abnormality in the oxygen-carrying protein (haemoglobin) found in red blood cells, and it leads to crisis in your body. Moreso, it can be inherited by the children when the parents are not compatible, so, Do you want my children to become sicklers?, why don’t tell me that you have the sickle cell anemia? Upon how much I loved you.

”Am very sorry” I interrupted

”Yes, it is true that am SS, but telling you is not easy, because I had experienced discrimination from people when they knew I am an SCD patient, I only experienced love from my nuclear family and the doctors, I feared that you may not love me again – and I don’t think I can live without you”

Fatimah frowned and said ”You are saying that you love her but you wanted to ruin her future, will you spoil her future in the name of love? Or do you think your children will forgive you when they were told that they were born with SCD due to their father’s cruelty?”

Instead of her to beg nabeelah on my behalf, she added insult to injury but I couldn’t talk – it is her time.

Nabeelah screamed and said, ”What if Ididn’t went for the genotype test, how will I know that I am also AS and there is 75%chance to have children with SCD, just leaveme and get out of my room” she began to cry again.

”Nabeelah, am very sorry, I intended to get married early because I knew that my lifespan is short, Even in this developed world, the average life expectancy of a sicker is between ages 40-60years, I need to have a vicegerent, that will be coolness of eye for my parents when I die, I don’t want their effort on me to be in vain but unfortunately nobody is ready to marry me, I wanted to get married to a girl called Nusaybah when I was 20, but we later cancel the nikkah when she knew I was a sickler, Rumaysah also did the same when she knew, I had to face double war; the war that my body is waging against me and also the war people are waging against me through discrimination,It is not my fault to be a sickler, neither is is it my parents’ fault, it is Allah’s trial. I must get married early because am very close to the grave – my days are numbered” I sobbed.

They were touched with my story and we all broke to tears, we wept bitterly for five minutes.

Fatimah asked if there is cure for SCD ”The only available possible cure is bone marrow transplant (BMT) or Stem cell transplant (SCT).

This procedure is at high risk and very expensive about 25 million naira and currently not available in Nigeria; Even BMT/ SCT only offers cure to SCD patients, it does not eliminate the chance of transmitting the abnormal gene to their children – the only way to eliminate it is by prevention” I answered her

”Ha! It means we are not getting married again” Nabeelah exclaimed.

I sobbed ”So, nabeelah, you will also discriminate against me, After all I did to get you, after all the waiting years when I have no blame in this, It is a trial from Allah, and do you think the prophet will be happy if he were to hear this?, If everybody discriminates against me, who will marry me?
Who will marry a man without longevity?
Who will marry a SCD patient?
Which parent will let a child to marry a sickler?

Even after I left Nabeelah’s place, I still have the belief that she may change her mind. Firstly, I knew she really loves me and I don’t think she can get married to another man. Secondly, she is a lady known for a strong Aqeedah; her Imaan in Allah may make her re- consider me.

I asked some sisters in our masjid to plead to her on my behalf, because I believed in heart-to-heart talk but I guessed Nabeelah was smarter, I was told that she asked them to swear by Allah that they will accept me If they were in her shoes, but none of them was able to give her answer.

I lost the hope of having her back on a day I called her and she asked ”Please who am I speaking with?”, then I knew she had deleted my contact from her phone; she also deleted Abdur Rahmaan’s contact. I knew she had started hating me; I have to leave her alone.

Life was not easy without Nabeelah; I spent my…
to be continued

Episode 6 http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/27/nabeelah-an-islamic-love-story-ep-6/

1 Like

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by Iscoalarcon: 10:43am On Mar 28, 2018
BiadeFolar:
WHY SHOULD I MARY YOU

By Wahab Musiliu Olamide

Once there was a very handsome, pious, well educated young man, whose parents emphasized for him to get married.
They had seen so many marriage proposals, and he had turned them all down. The parents thought it was becoming a little ridiculous and suspected that he may have someone else in mind.
However every time the parents left the girls house, the young man would always say ‘she’s not the one!

The young man only wanted a girl who was religious and practicing, however one evening his mother arranged for him, to meet a girl, who was religious, and practicing, On that evening, the young man, and girl, were left to talk, and ask each other questions. (As one would expect).

The young man, being a gentleman that he was allowed, the lady to ask first.
The young girl asked the young man so many questions, she asked about his life, his education, his friends, his family, his habits, his hobbies, his lifestyle, his enjoyment, his pastime, his experiences, his shoe size.

The young man replied to all of her questions, without tiring, and politely, with a smile the young girl took up nearly all of the time, over an hour, and felt bad, and asked the young man do you have any questions?

The young man said, it’s ok. I only have 3 questions… The young girl thought, Wow, ONLY 3 questions okay, shoot.

The young man’s 1st question was,

Question 1: Who do you love the most in the world, someone who’s love nothing would ever overcome?

Answer 1: She said, this is an easy question; my mother, he smiled.

Question 2: He asked, you said that you read a lot of Qur’an, could you tell me which Surahs you know the meaning of?

Answer 2: Hearing this she went red and embarrassed and said, I do not know the meaning of any yet, but I am hoping to soon In Sha Allah, I’ve just been a bit busy.

Question 3: The 3rd question the young man asked, was I have been approached for my hand in marriage, by girls that are a lot more prettier than you Why should I marry you?

Answer 3: Hearing this the young girl was outraged, she stormed off to her parents with fury, and said I do not want to marry this man he is insulting my beauty, and intelligence. And the young man and his parents, were once again, left without an agreement of marriage.

This time, the young mans parents were really angry, and said what did you do to anger that girl, the family were so nice, and pleasant, and they were religious like you wanted. What did you ask the girl? Tell us!

The young man said, firstly I asked her, who do you love the most? she said, her mother, The parents said so, what is wrong with that?
The young man said, ‘no one, is Muslim, until he loves Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala), and his messenger (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam) more than anyone else in the world’ If a woman loves Allah and the Prophet (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam) more than anyone, she will love me and respect me, and stay faithful to me, because of that love, and fear for Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) and we can share this love, because this love is greater than lust for beauty.

The young man said, then I asked, you read a lot of Qur’an, can you tell me the meaning of any surah? And she said no, because I haven’t had time yet. So I thought of that Hadith ‘ALL humans, are dead except for those who have knowledge’ She has lived 20 years and not found ANY time, to seek knowledge, why would I marry a woman, who does not know her rights, and responsibilities, and what will she teach my children, except how to be negligent, because the woman IS the Madrasa (School) and the best of teachers. And a woman who has no time for Allah, will not have time for her husband.
The third question I asked her was, that a lot of girls, more prettier than her, had approached me for marriage, why should I choose you? That is why she stormed off, getting angry.
The young man’s parents said that is a horrible thing to say, why would you do such a thing, we are going back there to apologies.
The young man said I said this on purpose, to test whether she could control her anger. The Prophet (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam) said ‘do not get angry, do not get angry, do not get angry’ when asked how to become pious; because anger is from Satan.

So If a woman cannot control her anger with a stranger she has just met, do you think she will be able to control it with her husband?
So, the moral of this story is, a marriage is based on:
Knowledge, not ONLY Out Looking (Beauty)!
Practice, not preaching/recite only (million of reciter are there), Forgiveness, not Anger, Spiritual love, not Lust and Compromise One should look for a person who

1) Has love for Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) and the messenger of Allah (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam).
2) Has knowledge of the Deen (Islam), and can act upon it.
3) can control their anger.
4) and willing to compromise.

And it goes both ways, so women seeking a man, should look for the same things.
Aisha’h (Radiallahu Anhu) reports “one day I was on a camel which was somewhat difficult to control and the Prophet (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam) remarked “you must be compassionate, whenever there is compassion in something it adorns it, and when it is removed from something it disgraces it”.
(Reported by Imam Bukhari (al-adab al-mufrad)

May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) Keep Guiding Us All Always To The Straight Path And May He Grant Us A Sincere Righteous Partners Who Will Be The Coolness Of Our Eyes And Who Will Be The Means Of Entering Jannah Together
slm alaikum bro. I find this story interesting can I please share it with my friends

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
Iscoalarcon:
slm alaikum bro. I find this story interesting can I please share it with my friends

Waleikum salam sir. You are free to share sir

1 Like

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
Episode 6

Life was not easy without Nabeelah; I spent my days thinking about, her beauty, her care, and other virtues she had that I couldn’t mention; there was a day I made up my mind to commit suicide but I remembered my parents, I must not waste their efforts, they have been taking care of me since childhood, I must not make them grieve. I also remembered Allah’s punishment for it; one must not suffer in pain in Dunya and also suffer in the hereafter. I accepted may fate; It is Allah’s decree, who’ll argue with Him? I just pray to Allah to bless me with a better Muslimah.

4 missed calls? Why is Nabeelah calling me, I thought she had changed my mind; I quickly called her back.

Me: Salam alaykum .

Nabeelah: Ja’far, Wa alaykum ssalaam, it is Nabeelah .

Me: Yes, I knew, I didn’t delete your contact, even though you deleted mine .

Nabeelah: Am very sorry, I deleted it because I couldn’t stand seeing your name, each time I came across your name, my eyes became soaked with tears, and I would cry uncontrollably.

Me: If you have deleted mine, why did you delete Abdur Rahmaan’s contact?

Nabeelah: There is no how I will see his name without remembering you, since I know you through him.

Me: Okay, why have you called? Have you changed your decision?

Nabeelah: I haven’t changed my decision but I have a better offer, I don’t know if you’ll accept it.

Me: better offer again? What is the offer?

Nabeelah: my friend, Fatimah, pitied your condition and decided to marry you, She’s AA; I didn’t ask her to do so, she volunteered herself. Fatimah!!! Volunteered to marry me? How will I marry nabeelah’s friend? More so, I hate her

Should I marry Fatimah?

This is one of the hardest decisions for me to decide, I have to get married quickly because I wish to have vicegerent for my parents because my time in this life is short. I had searched for spouse for 4 years but there is no one to marry me because I am an SCD patient, Fatimah is the first lady to agree that she will marry me after she knew my ailment but I did not love Fatimah, I hate everything about her, her height, complexion, face, voice, I hate it all. If I marry her because I am in dire need of a wife, how will I cope in a loveless marriage?

I sought advice from Abdul rahmaan and he advised me to marry Fatimah, he said “it will be better for you to marry her because she showed you love after seeing your flaw, and there is a saying that ‘never lose the girl that still loves you after knowing your flaws’, this is what you have been searching for in the past four years, don’t lose it. – opportunities come but once and if you miss her now, you may not see this opportunity again”

I thought about what Abdul rahman said, I asked him that how will I cope in a loveless marriage, because for a marriage to be a fruitful one,the husband and wife must love themselves dearly, in this situation now, she loves me but I didn’t love her, how do we go about it?

Abdul rahman answered that “love will develop when you begin to live with each other; Safiyyah the wife of Rasool didn’t know the prophet anywhere before the battle of Khaybar; there were no pre-marriage love between them yet they got married and the love progresses afterwards”

“It is a must for every Muslim to love Rasool, so you can’t compare this with that of the prophet” I interrupted.

He replied “is our love for Rasool an amorous one? No, the love we have for Rasool is strictly platonic, amorous love will develop between you and Fatimah when you don’t have problems in your marriage, even if Nabeelah agrees to marry you, your love will eventually decrease by the time you spend all your income buying drugs for yourself and the children, doing check-up now and then. Marry Fatimah and you’ll enjoy your marital life. Insha Allah”

The words of Abdul rahmaan really convinced me and I agreed to marry Fatimah but I was thinking about how the love of Nabeelah will vamoose from my heart, because her love is still strong in my heart, but with what Abdul rahman told me, when the love of Fatimah arrives, the love of Nabeelah will abscond.

I planned to visit Nabeelah and Fatimah the next day to inform them that I had agreed to marry Fatimah, I called Nabeelah and she told me that they had been waiting for me to give them response, she informed me that Fatimah is really anxious to know what my reply will be. She said I should come as early as possible the next day.

When I woke up the next day, I was afraid to get out of bed because of the reality that awaits me, I don’t know how to tell the person I have no feelings for that I love her, I got up and dressed in a white shirt and a black trousers and I went there.

“Salaam alaykum warahmatulah”

Fatimah answered with a loud voice from indoor, “waalaykumussalaam warahmatulah wabarakatuh, you are welcome brother”

From her response, I knew she was really…
to be continued

Episode 7 http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/28/nabeelah-an-islamic-love-story-ep-7/

2 Likes

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by Iscoalarcon: 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Waleikum salam sir. You are free to share sir
Jazakumullah wink
Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 11:09am On Mar 29, 2018
Episode 7

From her response, I knew she was really anxious, we exchanged pleasantries and asked her about Nabeeelah, and she informed me that she was busy inside, Fatimah led me into the room and I sat on a green mat beside their bed.

“I appreciated Fatimah for her kind gesture, I knew that she really pitied my condition because it is not easy for a lady to propose marriage to a guy” I said

Fatimah said “when you came here to talk about the agony you are experiencing as a SCD patient and how ladies were deserting you because of your ailment, I pitied your condition and decided to marry you since my genotype is AA, if we got married, our children will only have 25% chance of becoming SS, I decided to marry you as a jihad from my part for being a Muslim, because if we don’t marry you, will you marry the non-believers?”

I now realised that she really meant to help me; I informed her that I agreed to marry her as my wife, and we should start discussion about our nikkah.

Nabeelah said “ja’far please, I know you to be a good Muslim and I won’t want you to see my friend as a cheap fellow, her type is rare, but she did it because of Allah, I won’t want you to tell anybody that she proposed to you, because you might see it as if she is trying to help your situation, but people will see her as being flirt.”

I understand the point she was raising and I assured her that there is no call for alarm.

And our preparation for nikkah started.

Our nikkah didn’t appear like a nikkah to me, it seems like a funeral; it is awkward to hear that the groom doesn’t feel free to chat with his bride, despite the merry making of both families, I am bored with the wedding party.

I knew Nabeelah also was not happy but she was pretending, each time my glance crossed with hers, I remembered our lovey-dovey days, I felt like someone whom his gold was snatched and was given a tin in return. Surely a tin is never comparable with gold.

If our nikkah could be as boring as it is now, how will our marital life be? I tried to trick my heart that “All is well” from what I learnt from a popular Bollywood movie, but it didn’t work out. I have to face the reality and never compare it with movie scenes.

Fatimah on her side was very happy, our nikkah as a fantastic day to her. It was her first time to be dressed in a full niqab; she felt on top of the world and she couldn’t hide her happiness. She introduced many of her family and friends to me but I was not concentrating, she noticed my lack of concentration and she asked me concerning it, I lied to her that the population of people in attendance worried me. She assured me that all will be well.

On the night of our nikkah, I couldn’t sleep in the same room with her, I was not comfortable seeing her hairs, I still have the feelings of being a non-mahram to her, even though I had paid her mahr. She was worried about my behaviour and she reported me to my mum the next day, when my mum asked me about it, I lied that I was too tired that night, my mum admonished me to stop such behaviour , I apologised to Fatimah and did as my mum said. My loveless marital life with Fatimah begins.

It was two months after my nikkah with Fatimah, Nabeelah also got married to a man called Sulayman , I intentionally not attended her nikkah because each time I see Nabeelah with Sulayman, I viewed the man as somebody who stole my possession, my heart feel emptiness and wrenching each time I see them together. To avoid the development of hatred of a fellow Muslim in my heart; I avoided anything that would make me see them together.

When we were in madrasah, we were told the story about how Allah tried Zulaykha with love of prophet Yusuf (alayhi salaam), then I would blame Zulaykha of loving another person outside her marriage (may Allah forgive me), I didn’t realise the trial of love from Allah until my marriage with Fatimah, Living in the same room with Fatimah didn’t make us any closer, I always felt as if I was distant to her; I may be sitting with her in the sitting room but my mind would be with Nabeelah, I tried so much to do away with the love of Nabeelah but my heart was full of her love.

It is part of Allah’s commandment that the husband should always make his wife happy but Most times when I tried to be free with Fatimah, I don’t know what to say to her, we were really living like strangers in the house ,I have not seen the love I was promised that will grow after our nikkah . But I am still looking unto the heaven, expecting manna from Allah.

On a fateful day, when I returned from the workplace, Fatimah ran to me at the gate and…
to be continued.

Episode 8 http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/03/29/nabeelah-an-islamic-love-story-ep-8/

2 Likes

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by Chams: 12:45am On Mar 30, 2018
Wow... So interesting... Am always looking out for your updates bro... Keep up the good work.. But this Jafar matter tire me oo... Sometimes you won't know the value of what you have until you loose them....

1 Like

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by bimberry1307(f): 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jazakumulah khaira. I'm glad to see this kind of story here on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 10:56pm On Mar 30, 2018
Chams:
Wow... So interesting... Am always looking out for your updates bro... Keep up the good work.. But this Jafar matter tire me oo... Sometimes you won't know the value of what you have until you loose them....
That's true
Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2018
bimberry1307:
Jazakumulah khaira. I'm glad to see this kind of story here on Nairaland.

Waiyakum! Wow! I never knew you're a Muslim O.
Re: My Islamic Short Stories by bimberry1307(f): 10:31am On Apr 03, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Waiyakum! Wow! I never knew you're a Muslim O.
I am ooo. front and back.

1 Like

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 11:14am On Apr 04, 2018
bimberry1307:

I am ooo. front and back.
Alhamdullah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Islamic Short Stories by BiadeFolar(m): 11:17am On Apr 04, 2018
Episode 8

On a fateful day, when I returned from the workplace, Fatimah ran to me at the gate and hugged me, even though the hugging seems boring, we exchanged pleasantries. She asked me about how my day went; I don’t know what to say, I just replied with Alhamdullilah. She told me that she had good news for me but she wanted me to guess what the good news was. I told her that I was poor at guessing. She refused to open-up until I guessed, intending to have fun with it, but I was not in mood of having fun. I didn’t bother what the good news was; I stood up and went into the bedroom. I lay on the bed and started to listen to the Qur’an recitation of Shaykh Siddiq Al- Minshawy from my phone.

Fatimah was vexed up and she barged inside, she exclaimed “Subhanallah, you this man, why are you torturing me? With all love I showed you, you had never made me happy since I entered your house, Is this what sunnah taught you? I was discussing an important matter with you and you ignored me, you came here now listening to Quran recitation, Am I not important?

I apologised to her and told her that I thought she was joking, and then I asked her what the good news was?

Fatimah: okay, I agreed but before the news, let me ask you about something, you do tell me that your favourite reciter is Shaykh Abdulrahman Sudais, but you are listening to Minshawy now, have you fell in love with Shaykh’s voice?

Me: no, I didn’t fell in love o; I just love to listen to it whenever I think about somebody who loves minshawy so dearly and mimics him so closely.

When Fatimah heard what I said, she broke into tears; she said “so, you came here thinking about Nabeelah while I wanted to give you important news, don’t you know that Minshawy is her favourite reciter, and you cannot lie that she was not the one you were thinking about because she is the one that could mimic Minshawy so closely.”

I was surprised about how she guessed so right, if I knew that she would know that it is about Nabeelah, I wouldn’t have told her, I would have given her an excuse. I felt bad for what happened and I apologised to her but she didn’t listen, she told me that she regretted that she came into my life. She cried the whole night but later forgave me when I promised to change my attitude towards her. Though down inside my heart, I knew that I didn’t love her, I love Nabeelah.

How will I cope with a loveless marriage?

It was very difficult for me to live without thinking of Nabeelah; there were sometimes that I would feel like I should hear her voice, I would force myself to hang up the phone most times, even if I had dialled the first three digit of her number. Fatimah is fed up of my attitude and she had started to regret the help she gave me after so many years I had been searching for someone to marry me, I knew that what I was doing was bad but I couldn’t help myself, I also wished the love of Nabeelah to leave my heart and I wished to love Fatimah.

I was also told that Nabeelah was not also concentrating about her home, Sulayman had been complaining of her to her parents, and he had been threatening them that if she doesn’t change, he would divorce her. I knew that Nabeelah was also being thinking of me. Love is a tragedy.

I am afraid that Fatimah may also decide to leave me if I don’t change my attitudes towards her and if she divorced me, there will be nobody to marry me. Sickle cell disease brought a handsome man like me into a mess like this.

I went to tell Abdul rahman that the solution he gave me failed, he told me love will grow after nikkah but nothing is happening now. I explained to him that the love of nabeeelah didn’t leave my heart, I also told him about how Fatimah caught me fantasizing about nabeeelah. I sought him for solution to my marital problems.

Abdul rahman listened to me carefully and said “you complained that her love is not growing, do you do anything to increase her love in your heart? You must work towards the success of your marriage and make her love grow in your heart. Shaykh Salih al Fawzan said ‘don’t rely that Allah will sustain your marriage, put in your effort and make the marriage last’”

I was confused with what Abdul Rahman was saying, I asked him that how will I work towards the marriage and make her love grow?

He answered “the first thing that you will do is to pray to…
to be continued.
Episode 9 http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/04/04/nabeelah-an-islamic-love-story-ep-9/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 / "Nwa Aba Na City" (a Pidgin Story) / Three Nights And A Bang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.