Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,383 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! (1706 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S Water Test - Tecno & Infnix Can Never / Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / Stop Buying Infinix,tecno,itel Phones....save Your Money For Better Brands.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by onlinetrade: 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2018
So I had this problem recently and on futher inquiries discovered A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE HAD SIMILAR ISSUES FOR MANY YEARS.

Is it that Transsion Mobile (parent company of Tecno/Infinix/Itel) isn't improving quality of the parts of their phones or HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPLAIN DIFFERENT SCENARIOS OF THESE PHONES DYING IN LESS THAN A YEAR OF USAGE. (My Itel 1516 Plus that was manufactured in June 2017 and I bought in August 2017 suddenly went dead in March 2018!!!).

This has been happening for many years from my findings!!!

I have personally used Lenovo/Huawei/Vkworld and I never experienced this. I know several people here use Xiaomi (similar international brands) which are very quality phones. Many also used brands like IOukitel, Leagoo, Doogee, Ulefone etc... on Nairaland.

I would really like to know if this is peculiar to these brand (Tecno/Infnix/Itel) and WHY?

While I understand and accept that all phones will eventually go bad (BUT NOT IN LESS THAN ONE YEAR OF USAGE, AS EXPERIENCED BY MANY USERS!)

itelMobileNG, Carlcaresophia, CarlcareOpebi...
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by jetz(m): 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
onlinetrade:
So I had this problem recently and on futher inquiries discovered A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE HAD SIMILAR ISSUES FOR MANY YEARS.

Is it that Transsion Mobile (parent company of Tecno/Infinix/Itel) isn't improving quality of the parts of their phones or HOW ELSE DO YOU EXPLAIN DIFFERENT SCENARIOS OF THESE PHONES DYING IN LESS THAN A YEAR OF USAGE. (My Itel 1516 Plus that was manufactured in June 2017 and I bought in August 2017 suddenly went dead in March 2018!!!).

This has been happening for many years from my findings!!!

I have personally used Lenovo/Huawei/Vkworld and I never experienced this. I know several people here use Xiaomi (similar international brands) which are very quality phones. Many also used brands like IOukitel, Leagoo, Doogee, Ulefone etc... on Nairaland.

I would really like to know if this is peculiar to these brand (Tecno/Infnix/Itel) and WHY?

While I understand and accept that all phones will eventually go bad (BUT NOT IN LESS THAN ONE YEAR OF USAGE, AS EXPERIENCED BY MANY USERS!)

itelMobileNG, Carlcaresophia, CarlcareOpebi...

your findings are absolutely correct and factual bro, that's when quality comes into play, tecno n co aint up to standard plain truth i know dia agent here will come and attack me, my friend have been using his xiaomi 4x for a year and half now omo the fone is still rocking hard whilst his tecno couldnt make it dat long hence the switch to xiaomi

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by korban3134(m): 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2018
The reason is linked to the type of materials used in making the devices because of the need for "regular turnover" in sales.

I trust my Nigerian brothers and sisters and their "brand addiction" grin Even after reading this they will still stick to those brands.

Oukitel, LeEco, Xiaomi, Doogee, Bluboo etc are well known, reliable and even cheaper alternatives quote me any day wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by gogeekish(m): 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2018
I use to think it is because of this chipset MT6580. But I can also tell that Gionee still use this chipset. I hardly see people cry death on Gionee device using this particular chipset.

It should be because of the kind of sub standard materials used to produce the phone.
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by Gptech(m): 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
jetz:
your findings are absolutely correct and factual bro, that's when quality comes into play, tecno n co aint up to standard plain truth i know dia agent here will come and attack me, my friend have been using his xiaomi 4x for a year and half now omo the fone is still rocking hard whilst his tecno couldnt make it dat long hence the switch to xiaomi
Not trying to refute your story, but how come your friend has been using the Redmi 4x for a year and half? shocked. The phone is not even up to a year old, released May 2017.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by fibonacci2526: 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2018
Gptech:

Not trying to refute your story, but how come your friend has been using the Redmi 4x for a year and half? shocked. The phone is not even up to a year old, released May 2017.

You ehn.
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by Gptech(m): 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
fibonacci2526:

You ehn.
Wetin I do na? grin.
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by gogeekish(m): 7:35am On Mar 21, 2018
It should be Xiaomi Mi4.... That device is 2014 and still rocking
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by ultron12345: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2018
but I bought a tecno m3 few weeks after it was released and it's still alive and well today

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by gogeekish(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2018
ultron12345:
but I bought a tecno m3 few weeks after it was released and it's still alive and well today
The phones produced every since 2016 are guilty of this. Since exchange rate changed, they started giving Nigerian market substandard products. Both spare parts does the same.
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by Kalapizim(m): 11:54am On Mar 21, 2018
Gptech:

i was going to ask him that as if you read my mind.
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by starbuck(f): 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
My infinix hot note is still serving me since 2014 though I want to switch to note 4 any moment from now

1 Like

Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by 100naira(m): 4:34pm On Mar 21, 2018
Not true, my tecno m7 is still alive and kicking even though I don't use it regularly as I used to, bought it in April 2014. Also my old tecno d5 still de alive, although screen don crack finish and the touch pad de misbehave.

Bottom line is how you use your gadgets na how long e go last you except those ones with factory defects.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by onlinetrade: 2:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
100naira:
Not true, my tecno m7 is still alive and kicking even though I don't use it regularly as I used to, bought it in April 2014. Also my old tecno d5 still de alive, although screen don crack finish and the touch pad de misbehave.

Bottom line is how you use your gadgets na how long e go last you except those ones with factory defects.

Good phones last long regardless...
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by AlvaroMorata(m): 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2018
Phones from all brands suffer this same shit.. some do come with factory defects and bugs hence the sudden death.. I might be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by sureinfo: 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
AlvaroMorata:
Phones from all brands suffer this same shit.. some do come with factory defects and bugs hence the sudden death.. I might be wrong.
nope your not wrong, it happens to all brands so it shouldn't just be tagged down to tecno
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by onlinetrade: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2018
sureinfo:
nope your not wrong, it happens to all brands so it shouldn't just be tagged down to tecno

MMore commmone with Tecno/Itel/Infinix. I Work in Computer Village and repair phones so I know what I'm atlking about...
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by sureinfo: 9:35am On Apr 23, 2018
onlinetrade:

MMore commmone with Tecno/Itel/Infinix. I Work in Computer Village and repair phones so I know what I'm atlking about...
why so sure, you myt meet other phone repairers and hear a different story, I have used tecno phones for years without it dying, so am talking from personal experience
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by eki2000(m): 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
No matter how we defend tecno, it is a substandard product. No matter the hype. I took me God's grace to move from tecno to gionee and since then my life has been different. Apart from not being stong, colour production are not real and are over saturated. whether in game, photos or social platform. My gionee x1s gave me true colour production in all these aspects.
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by naijacentric(m): 11:11pm On Apr 25, 2018
Why do we like generalisin anyhow are dose oda brands perfect as if my samsung fone dint give me problem but i used a tecno for two years wifout takin to a repairer for once!
Re: Why Do Certain Tecno/ Infnix/ Itel Phones Suddenly Go Dead- In Less Than A Year! by Anonymous07: 2:26am On May 23, 2018
Can someone help me with installing Google play services on my gionee f5... It's telling me App not installed. Thanks would really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Itel P38 Pro Price In Nigeria And Full Specifications / Ai-generated Wallpapers On TECNO SPARK 20 PRO+ / N82 Camera Problem!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.