Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,383 members, 7,846,620 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos (1558 Views)

How To Get Free Internet By Dialing *#*#4636#*#* (updated) / Xiaomi Officially Launches Redmi 9, Redmi 9A And Redmi 9C In Nigeria / Free Internet Access For Nigerians Coming, Says FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Reediano(m): 4:21am On Mar 21, 2018

Swift which is one of Nigeria's leading 4G LTE Broadband service provider has just officially launched a Free WiFi service in Lagos Nigeria which is calls "Red Cheetah". Swift has been test running this for the past two years and now, the company has decided to make it available to the general public.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-c91K594VZy0/Wq-yDSIBrRI/AAAAAAAAH4Y/V97ggEm3SQAKhE2rDGK8y0smYi9ueMU1wCLcBGAs/s280/RedCheeetah.jpg[/img]
According to Swift, they have already created up to 500 hotspots in Lagos state alone including 250 BRT buses and the hope is to get to 10,000 locations in Lagos state alone and subsequently expand the service to all other parts of the country.

Current Availability and Access of Red Cheetah
The service is already available in locations like MMA-2, Hard Rock Café, Shiro restaurant, Festival Mall, some Tastee Fired Chicken and Bukka Hut outlets, over 200 BRT Buses, Smart Cabs, Eko Hospital, VGC Club.
Businesses who would like to be a part of the service can also opt in by paying a one-time fee of N30,000.

The Red Cheetah service can be accessed through a free app which you you can register on multiple devices simultaneously. Even though the plan is to provide unlimited free internet service, the Red Cheetah service is still capped at 1gb daily per device for now.

To be able to offer this service free of charge, Swift Networks is partnering with brands to serve ads to users on the Red Cheetah platform. This means that to keep browsing free, users are obliged to watch ads during their session.

According to MD/CEO of Red Cheetah, Mr. Charles Anudu, he said:
"Red Cheetah is supported by some corporate sponsors to keep Nigerians connected to the fastest and highest quality broadband access that will enable them to continue to achieve more, wherever they are.Subscribers to this service will periodically be required to view advertisement messages from the various sponsors who have made this service free."

How to Get Access to the Red Cheetah Free Internet Service
To take advantage of this free internet service, you need to download the Red Cheetah App from Google Play Store. Windows and iOS versions of the app will be available in the next 3 months.

Note: Even with the app on your phone, you will only be able to use this service in areas where the Red Cheetah Modem is available.

For more information, you can click on the link below.

http://www.yomitech.com/2018/03/red-cheetah-swift-officially-launches-free-wifi.html
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by kokozain(m): 6:07am On Mar 21, 2018
Itesiwaju eko lo je wa logun

1 Like

Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Newsprex(m): 8:41am On Mar 21, 2018
When we dey enjoy HUGE DATA everyday....

Activate yours via https://prexblog.com/cheap-free-internet-data-offer-android-pc-iphone-2018/

shocked shocked shocked shocked cool cool

Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Reediano(m): 9:18am On Mar 21, 2018
kokozain:
Itesiwaju eko lo je wa logun

Translation cheesy
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by EarthXmetahuman: 9:28am On Mar 21, 2018
They still managed to cap free WiFi grin

How is this free exactly?
Nigeria, which way?

1 Like

Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by jidxin(m): 9:38am On Mar 21, 2018
Chai not within my area
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by busybrain123(m): 10:00am On Mar 21, 2018
Wow. Let them come to my State, we need it more than Lagos State do. cheesy
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by nani667: 10:49am On Mar 21, 2018
Wash... So man's will start trekking the full Lagos state because of free Wi-Fi...

Why Dem no load the free internet straight to their SIMs and routers... Hopelessness
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Reediano(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
They still managed to cap free WiFi grin

How is this free exactly?
Nigeria, which way?
That's for the start...
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2018
Used it one time like that,o boy i watch YouTube die grin grin grin
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Reediano(m): 2:12pm On Mar 22, 2018
SAVEDBABA:
Used it one time like that,o boy i watch YouTube die grin grin grin

Enjoy cheesy
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Ebubemg(m): 3:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
grin grin ;DI have Used more than 200gig of free and very fast WiFi with redcheetah in computer village but since this month its no more available angry angry angry
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Reediano(m): 5:54pm On Mar 22, 2018
Ebubemg:
grin grin ;DI have Used more than 200gig of free and very fast WiFi with redcheetah in computer village but since this month its no more available angry angry angry

I guess you enjoyed it during the test period cheesy
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Ebubemg(m): 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
Reediano:

I guess you enjoyed it during the test period cheesy
Chai! So test period is over embarassed embarassed embarassed
Chai again cry cry cry enjoyed it while it last
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Reediano(m): 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
Ebubemg:
Chai! So test period is over embarassed embarassed embarassed
Chai again cry cry cry enjoyed it while it last

It's still free though but currently limited to just 1gb per day..
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Ebubemg(m): 6:19pm On Mar 22, 2018
Reediano:

It's still free though but currently limited to just 1gb per day..
what is one gig when I was using 15gig a day
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Reediano(m): 7:16pm On Mar 22, 2018
Ebubemg:
what is one gig when I was using 15gig a day

That's the probs.. it's now capped
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by Reediano(m): 10:48am On Mar 23, 2018
jidxin:
Chai not within my area

E fit get there with time...
Re: Swift Officially Launches Free Internet Service In Lagos by ogongogames(m): 10:18am On May 10, 2018
Just wondering but I'm travelling to Nigeria in about a month and would like to access WiFi ideally. Has anyone tried "Red Cheetah"? Does it work relatively well?

(1) (Reply)

/ Whatsapp Will Soon Block You From Receiving Messages And Calls / Google Tensor Soc: A New Challenger Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.