Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank (12683 Views)

Motopay: Sujimoto To Unveil Africa's Largest All-in-one Digital Bank / NUBIFIE Shuts Down Heritage Bank Headquarters In Lagos Over Mass Sack / Fairmoney Becomes A Fully Digital Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by BrandSpurNG: 6:31am On Mar 21, 2018
Heritage Bank Plc, Nigeria’s most innovative banking service provider has taken a bold step to revolutionalize the banking sector with the introduction of an advanced intelligent digital experience known as Octopus.

The solution which is a full-fledged digital bank has been described by financial technology experts as a game-changing innovation that is poised to connect all your bank accounts with your Debit Card details or account holder information.

octopus by Heritage Bank represents an omnichannel multi-platform experience squarely targeted at the customers of tomorrow; young, smart, professional, tech-savvy pioneers of the new digital economy. Bank agnostic, Octopus will provide all customers of any Nigerian Bank the opportunity to access a platform that consolidates and connects all their Bank accounts delivering convenience and ease of access to an innovative platform and digital community.

It is designed to deliver omnichannel user experience across multiple devices; where most of the customer’s daily city activities (banking, cinemas, stock markets, social interactions, churches, universities, meetings, restaurants, utility [e.g. DSTV, PHCN], fans clubs, associations and any other communities) have been digitized and consolidated.

It serves as a single window into several players of the same industry and it is embedded in the same social media platforms where people are such as Facebook and Telegram.

Announcing the launch of Octopus, the Managing Director of Heritage Bank, Ifie Sekibo described this initiative “as a truly intelligent adventure that does everything differently. According to him, Octopus is an intelligent digital experience that combines digital transactions and a community lifestyle that empowers customers with the power to build their world and perform digital transactions how they want.”

He further added that Octopus would be available across all major platforms, including the revolutionary Octopus Bot on the Telegram platform, Facebook as well as Octopus Apps on the Google Play store (for Android) and Apple store (for iOS), which could be used by non-Heritage Bank’s customers.

All the information customers would need to begin to enjoy the Octopus service is available on www.octopus.ng

The platform owes numerous benefits to the users, thereby enable small businesses to key into electronic payment system easily, efficient collections, social integration, retention strategy, bills payment, mobile virtual top-up, funds transfer, balance enquiry, movie show time, news.

Other benefits involve, engage customers, send messages, advertise, auto reminders for due payments, sell products, visible to millions, automatic product recommendation, create any kind of community and engage them freely.

Some of the transaction types including both domestic and Intra-Africa, the transaction channels are mobile devices, tablets, and desktops, whilst the acquiring platforms are Mobile App, mobile USSD-based App, and internet banking.

SOURCE : https://brandspurng.com/heritage-bank-launches-its-own-digital-bank-octopus/

2 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 21, 2018
FortifiedCity launches his own campaign...#Ontheway2Daura, featuring Buhari and his corrupt people

8 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by postbox: 6:58am On Mar 21, 2018
Cool
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by miqos02(m): 7:31am On Mar 21, 2018
Seen
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 21, 2018
Every bank with its own bot...
First it was leo, then sandra abi nneka and now octopus!

When will seun osewa release his own bot publicly cheesy and rename it “lalasticlacla” lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by Nwaohafia1: 7:32am On Mar 21, 2018
Seems Heritage bank will be nice to work in.
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by hubtiva: 7:33am On Mar 21, 2018
I just love the bank[url=lexoft.com.ng/] branding [/url]not the services sha
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by ShukuShaker: 7:33am On Mar 21, 2018
Why not Shrimp, so that we can know they're now into seafood?

4 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by ariesbull: 7:34am On Mar 21, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
You should be talking of seems nice to do business with as a business owner

Think business not working for people

23 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by UncleSnr(m): 7:35am On Mar 21, 2018
Na now their day break.
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by chukxy44(m): 7:36am On Mar 21, 2018
Wema Bank, ALAT.

Heritage Octopus.

Waiting for others.

3 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by Sunnah1(m): 7:38am On Mar 21, 2018
FortifiedCity:
FortifiedCity launches his own campaign...#Ontheway2Daura, featuring Buhari and his corrupt people

Buhari till 2023

1 Like

Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by Nwaohafia1: 7:38am On Mar 21, 2018
ariesbull:

Yes.
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by haconjy(m): 7:39am On Mar 21, 2018
I love the logo not the bank
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 21, 2018
Sunnah1:

Buhari till 2023
..yes in your dreams
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by darocha1: 7:43am On Mar 21, 2018
cool, this is only a duplication of Quickteller and paga.
However, they are hoping to leverage on their made name "Heritage Bank" to launch into the market.
Perhaps, their addition of debit card will give them an edge.
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by Sweetcollins: 7:44am On Mar 21, 2018
Octopus ko oyester ni

1 Like

Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by STEKENT: 7:45am On Mar 21, 2018
The bank is dead already, I pray this will awake the bank
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by eluquenson(m): 7:48am On Mar 21, 2018
UBA- Leo
Heritage Bank- Octopus
Diamond Bank- Ada

Tiri gbosa for our commercial banks
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by stag: 7:49am On Mar 21, 2018
haconjy:
I love the logo not the bank

You've noticed them already.
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by mypains: 7:50am On Mar 21, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
dont have your hopes too high ma'am. The biggest winners are the guys who sold these ideas to the banks after rigorous presentation and screening.

That is like a couple of millions in their bank account.

4 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 21, 2018
Anything that comes into this country is being championed as if it is strange. I have been using such Accounts Aggregation platforms in the US for the past 10 yrs so why is all these noise ?

It is okay that it is being done here, cos each time I have time to walk into the banks here I always challenge them to integrate specific modules that are efficient cash management solutions here and the bank managers will look at me as if I just come from Mars.

I still want them to automate our banking and Stock Markets so young boys and girls in this country can trade on the real forex and not the scam and MMM. Kids in other countries can sit at home and trade on penny stocks and become millionaires but here they are forced into Yahoo Yahoo when there are a lot financial solutions that can turn young minds to billionaires within some months or years as long as they can study and learn.

You know what ? I am out of here.

3 Likes

Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by okonja(m): 8:00am On Mar 21, 2018
grayht:
Every bank with its own bot...
First it was leo, then sandra abi nneka and now octopus!

When will seun osewa release his own bot publicly cheesy and rename it “lalasticlacla” lipsrsealed

No, it wasn't Leo, rather it was Access bank's Tamara....visit accessbankbot .ng to check it out...So loving it,

1 Like

Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by okonja(m): 8:02am On Mar 21, 2018
Billyonaire:
Anything that comes into this country is being championed as if it is strange. I have been using such Accounts Aggregation platforms in the US for the past 10 yrs so why is all these noise ?

It is okay that it is being done here, cos each time I have time to walk into the banks here I always challenge them to integrate specific modules that are efficient cash management solutions here and the bank managers will look at me as if I just come from Mars.

I still want them to automated our banking and Stock Markets so young boys and girls in this country can trade on the real forex and not the scam and MMM. Kids in other countries can sit at home and trade on penny stocks and become millionaires but here they are forced into Yahoo Yahoo when there are a lot financial solutions that can turn young minds to billionaires within some months or years as long as they can study and learn.

You know what ? I am out of here.

Where is the enlightenment bro?, in this part of the world, everyone wanna ride Benz as early as possible and NOT thinking of getting a residual income. Well, I'm out of here also angry angry
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by Bard: 8:09am On Mar 21, 2018
Lol, just do a quick google search on Heritage Bank YIEDP program and if you're not scared to shit, I'll give you numbers of five businesses whose owners almost lost their minds and business by partnering with HB.
Nwaohafia1:
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by playcharles(m): 8:15am On Mar 21, 2018
Same Heritage Bank were none of its ATM they work on the mainland... tell me any Heritage Bank ATM that works around your location and you will be rewarded.
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by Jethrolite(m): 8:19am On Mar 21, 2018
ariesbull:

Some are born to serve others, everybody can not be king.
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by lexyman(m): 8:58am On Mar 21, 2018
This is the most confused bank I have seen in Nigeria . Always with good innovations but they don’t follow through . I hope they will change their ways this time around .
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by jaxxy(m): 9:03am On Mar 21, 2018
How many people use this bank like really. It seems like a nice bank bt one needs to get all d facts rite about them. I even hv frnds who work there bt don't seem to know much about this bank. Hmm
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by PoisonedOne: 9:06am On Mar 21, 2018
okonja:

No, it wasn't Leo, rather it was Access bank's Tamara....visit accessbankbot .ng to check it out...So loving it,
are you sure of what you're saying? I checked online but couldn't see anything like that.
Re: Heritage Bank Launches Octopus, A Digital Bank by ariesbull: 9:09am On Mar 21, 2018
Jethrolite:
Some are born to serve others, everybody can not be king.

Okay...noted

(1) (2) (Reply)

Current Price Of Petrol Without Subsidy: ₦142.92 Per Litre / Somatrix Marine Signs Strategic Mou With South Africa's Sandock Austral / South African Central Bank Fines HSBC For Lax Money Laundering Controls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.