Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. (2678 Views)

Are You Using Any Of This / How To Save Whatsapp Status Without Using Any Status Saver App / How To Save Whatsapp Status To Your Gallery (without Using Any App) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by akpota(m): 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2018
[center]Hello nairalanders. I have been an avid reader of this forum since 2010. This is my first post, I do wish it makes front page. I'm a web programmers and an IT guy in general. I love working on my laptop and i hate it when PHCN dictate how long i should work. My solution, I needed a deep cycle battery of at least a 40AH to connect to my 500Watt inverter.

A good truly rated 40ah battery cost around 20-23k. I knew of these laptop power bank that can be bought for about 10k and they can provide power for a long period depending on your system usage and present application you are working on. Above all, this power bank can be taken to any barber shop and recharged saving more on petrol cost. My thought. Guys, weighing the two options, I decided to go for this power bank because it was cheaper and mobile. But I was wrong.

I use three systems, An Hp Elitebook 6930p, a dell mini laptop and a sleek Fujitsu 14.1 laptop. I purchase the battery bank then went home tried charging and its worked on the mini and Fujistu which were both 19Volts. At first attempt plugging into the HP. Charging light shows but battery never increases. Conclusion after hours of research some HP and Dell will never charge with non OEM chargers. It might be able to power but will not charge because HP and DELL built a sensor into its charger to communicate with the laptop if it's the original charger that is plugged in. To cut short my writing, after a few attempt at plugging into the Hp from the bank, It damage the SMSC chip (Power/Switching IC).
I have an opinion that perhaps if i had just power directly, without the battery in, the damage would not have occurred.

This same bank charges my dell mini which uses acer mouth or connector . (dell mini 1018). It also powers my Fujitsu. So i wasn't too angry at least it can work with two of my device.

My conclusion guys, these power bank don't support all laptop as those sellers claim. If you check some review online, in a site it was started clearly that it doesn't support HP 15 laptop. It is better on 19 Volts laptop with amp lower than 3.5. Any laptop with greater amperes might not get charged with this bank but might just be able to provide power.

My good friends, if you intend buying any of these devices, kindly know your system specification. Never use this on a system lower than 19Volts. At school, I did digital electronics and I know there is a tolerance of + or - 0.5 but here is the catch, some system board once the manufactures have set their input rating, that is the highest it can handle.

My one cent always stay withing your volt requirement. Don't believe some seller that would say it power all laptop. I have read about cases with Toshiba laptop also. Work withing your system specifications.

2 Likes

Re: A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by Alejob: 12:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
Thanks for your educative post.... You sound like someone with the know how to have avoided such waterloo......

I am a marketer of such powerbank although mine is a variant of this type you have here.... About double the size in shape and capacity and have been retailing since 2013.....i have not experience such with any of my clients till date...... The key thing is that it is specified for 19v pc and device... So using it for anything with a direct rating is a risk taken too far.......

My setup has a 19v port and a 12v port that make the ise endless..... I sell to people who only use it to power DC Bulb for their homes and stores, router, decoders all of which are 12v and even with inverter to power 220v TV set and it is the definition of reliability..... I even added usb ports to charge phones and a display meter to monitor voltage level

1 Share

Re: A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by Alejob: 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2018

Re: A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by Alejob: 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
..... and even the inability to charge you complained about, there are IC we build into the cable that makes them overcome such challenge
Re: A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by akpota(m): 1:59pm On May 28, 2018
Hmm. An Ic in the cable. Explain what the ic does. Does it stepdown the voltage to 18.5
Re: A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by iconets: 10:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
Alejob:
Thanks for your educative post.... You sound like someone with the know how to have avoided such waterloo......

I am a marketer of such powerbank although mine is a variant of this type you have here.... About double the size in shape and capacity and have been retailing since 2013.....i have not experience such with any of my clients till date...... The key thing is that it is specified for 19v pc and device... So using it for anything with a direct rating is a risk taken too far.......

My setup has a 19v port and a 12v port that make the ise endless..... I sell to people who only use it to power DC Bulb for their homes and stores, router, decoders all of which are 12v and even with inverter to power 220v TV set and it is the definition of reliability..... I even added usb ports to charge phones and a display meter to monitor voltage level

please how do i contact you i need it to power my zinox uses 19v
Re: A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by akpota(m): 7:47am On Oct 20, 2018
What is the specification of your zinox? 19v, how many amps?
Re: A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by akpota(m): 7:50am On Oct 20, 2018
You can contact me for it 07055498513 But first get your laptop power spec. This will ensure your device works well.
Re: A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by surrogatesng: 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
XIANGYUNG HOME SOLAR SYSTEM

Live big and spend small with Xiangyung home solar system.It is a solar system which gives you the luxury of enjoying uninterupted power supply at home or at the office for way less.It is a solar generator built for students,small apartment and office.If your power need is for a standing fan,led tv,laptop,2 or 3 low energy bulbs,charging of phones and tablets then this is the right product for you.

SPECIFICATIONS

150 WATT SOLAR PANEL: Unlike other solar systems which come with an 80 watt solar panel.Xiagnyung home solar system comes with a 150 watt solar panel rated at 8.5 amps for faster charging

40AH BATTERY: The indoor unit has an inbuilt 40ah battery.High quality,rugged and longer lasting

UPGRADEABLE: Our solar system is upgradeable as you can attach a bigger battery and extra solar panel to the system unlike so many solar generator systems which require you to dump your existing system and buy a solar system with higher capacity if you need an upgrade

ZERO MAINTENANCE: It is noiseless,fume less and requires zero maintenance

CHEAP AVAILABILITY OF SPARES: All components and spares can be sourced locally and cheap too

WARRANTY: The product comes with a 1 year warranty which gives you peace of mind

1000 WATT INVERTER: It comes with a 1000 watt rugged inverter which is powerful enough to handle your small appliances

WHAT CAN IT POWER?

This solar systems is designed for small and energy efficient appliances such as Laptop,Low energy led tv(15-30 watt),Low energy bulb(5-9 watt),Standing rechargeable fan and other light appliances

PRICE: 96,500 Naira

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Whatsapp/Mobile: 08170368264

Re: A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by WebWriter: 5:32am On Apr 22, 2022
Please how can I get zinox power bank
Re: A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by WebWriter: 5:32am On Apr 22, 2022

akpota:
[center]Hello nairalanders. I have been an avid reader of this forum since 2010. This is my first post, I do wish it makes front page. I'm a web programmers and an IT guy in general. I love working on my laptop and i hate it when PHCN dictate how long i should work. My solution, I needed a deep cycle battery of at least a 40AH to connect to my 500Watt inverter.

A good truly rated 40ah battery cost around 20-23k. I knew of these laptop power bank that can be bought for about 10k and they can provide power for a long period depending on your system usage and present application you are working on. Above all, this power bank can be taken to any barber shop and recharged saving more on petrol cost. My thought. Guys, weighing the two options, I decided to go for this power bank because it was cheaper and mobile. But I was wrong.

I use three systems, An Hp Elitebook 6930p, a dell mini laptop and a sleek Fujitsu 14.1 laptop. I purchase the battery bank then went home tried charging and its worked on the mini and Fujistu which were both 19Volts. At first attempt plugging into the HP. Charging light shows but battery never increases. Conclusion after hours of research some HP and Dell will never charge with non OEM chargers. It might be able to power but will not charge because HP and DELL built a sensor into its charger to communicate with the laptop if it's the original charger that is plugged in. To cut short my writing, after a few attempt at plugging into the Hp from the bank, It damage the SMSC chip (Power/Switching IC).
I have an opinion that perhaps if i had just power directly, without the battery in, the damage would not have occurred.

This same bank charges my dell mini which uses acer mouth or connector . (dell mini 1018). It also powers my Fujitsu. So i wasn't too angry at least it can work with two of my device.

My conclusion guys, these power bank don't support all laptop as those sellers claim. If you check some review online, in a site it was started clearly that it doesn't support HP 15 laptop. It is better on 19 Volts laptop with amp lower than 3.5. Any laptop with greater amperes might not get charged with this bank but might just be able to provide power.

My good friends, if you intend buying any of these devices, kindly know your system specification. Never use this on a system lower than 19Volts. At school, I did digital electronics and I know there is a tolerance of + or - 0.5 but here is the catch, some system board once the manufactures have set their input rating, that is the highest it can handle.

My one cent always stay withing your volt requirement. Don't believe some seller that would say it power all laptop. I have read about cases with Toshiba laptop also. Work withing your system specifications.

Re: A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank. by Fapemz: 8:13am On Apr 22, 2022
WebWriter:

What you need is the MPS. They are built with brand new battery, Zinox battery are already 12years old already....stop looking for living among the dead grin. I provide power solution for remote workers and those who work or the laptop generally for long hours. Contact: 08065..316..307, testimony below

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Releases Android 8.0 Oreo For Note 4 Users / What Do You Think Happens When You Switch Off Your Phones ? / Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.