Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography (15182 Views)

Getting Money Through Your Smartphone For Free / 5 Way To Make Money Through Youtube Tutorial / Sahara Group Unveils #TheGreenestLoveOfAll instagram Photography Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by IAmSkinny: 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2018
Every profession deserves a dose of innovation and creativity from time to time and photography isn't an exemption. I must confess that the number of photographers have sky rocketed over the past few years and this have led to serious competition. This should not discourage you dear photographers at all because in this article, I will be sharing five ways of making cool cash through photography without stress. We are going to explore other methods of earning money through photography apart from the conventional "snap-print-get paid" style of photography. You can mix things up and see what works for you as a photographer.

Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography: Freelancing:

The first step in getting this particular method right is picking the exact photography field you want to step into. You can decide to go into wedding photography, pet photography, landscape photography, nature, wildlife, e.t.c. or you can even combine different field if you can handle it.

As a freelance photographer, you are your own boss, you work for no one. All work is done per contract basis. As a freelancer, you strive to woo client through different marketing strategy at your disposal. A good way to easily get client is creating a portfolio. Apart from that, having an online portfolio which could be in form of some your works uploaded to your social media handle.

Freelancers may decide to handle different jobs for different clients at a particular time and that's just the beauty of freelancing.

All you need to know about outdoor photography studio

Shooting Upcoming Models: 

This is a very effective method as all you need to do is strike a deal with young and aspiring models, propose a portfolio which you will create for them. You can choose a date and location for the said shoot and please, charge them reasonably.

Hey! All these slay queens love to have their photo taken, they want high resolution images with excellent quality plus aesthetically pleasing and creative shots (something mobile phones can't offer) and that is where you come in my dear graphers.

Selling Stock Photo:

There are several websites you can sell your photos to and get paid. Sites like shutterstock, flickr, dreamstime and a host of others offer a vibrant market place for easy sale of photos. All you need to do is create an account with them and start selling!

Designing Photobooks:

With basic knowledge of graphic design and even photoshop, you can design and package photo books for other photographers who are too busy for a little token. It's quite an easy task which can be accomplished within a few hours. Again, you need a portfolio and a way of reaching out to potential clients in order to get jobs in no time. Make sure you know what you are doing so you don't end up ruining your clients' job.

Organization Of Photography Tutorials:

This methods works very well but it should be knowledge oriented rather than money. The focus here is to teach and impact knowledge and not to make quick money.

Money can be made from photo tutorials which you can organize from time to time in order to teach photography. You can charge attendants little token depending on all the logistics involved. The said tutorial will be a great skill acquisition scheme and all you need to do is to create a massive awareness campaign to let people know exactly what you are up to.

Warning

Make sure you know what you are doing, don't gather people and start lying to them; feeding them with wrong information. Make sure you understand photography in details.

Conclusion

It will be counter productive if we restrict ourselves to just one method of doing things. The methods I highlighted works very well for me and you should not be scared of trying it out and even taking steps to formulate other methods of raking in cash.

Source http://www.fototech.com.ng/five-ways-making-money-photography/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by Follygunners: 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
Great... the 'just-in-the-moment' pix seem to be the best. Nice article! wink
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by lookatew: 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
Wonderful!

Shooting upcoming models... both with your camera and with your "selfie-stick" grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by tydi(m): 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
Abeg who go teach me how to snap footo?
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by Olachase(m): 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
Abeg my wife day find belle kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by project4OO: 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
Nice
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. Count down, and you are rich.

Me, when I finally spot that mod that banned me...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by koxi: 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2018
Ok...not bad
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by sammy4life1(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2018
Olachase:
Send her to meet me in zoda room
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by Krafty006: 6:04pm On Mar 22, 2018
wow
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by Kharol1234: 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
kkkkkkk
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by Awoofawo(m): 6:19pm On Mar 22, 2018
sammy4life1:

Send her to meet me in zoda room
If e send her, wetin you fix do her.....? cheesy
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by HoodBillionaire: 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
abegi
na im 2shotz run enter yankee
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by IAmSkinny: 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
tydi:
Abeg who go teach me how to snap footo?
I will. Send me a DM
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by Stevengerd(m): 7:15pm On Mar 22, 2018
Olachase:
Make she come make i give her the one wey i see
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by tydi(m): 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
IAmSkinny:
I will. Send me a DM
dm abi pm far Abeg.. Gemme ur whatsapp number make I add you asap
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by dokdave(m): 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2018
Trustwit Exchange�

I buy Amazon, Itunes and other gift cards at good rates. Now you can send or receive money easily.

Send your Gift card in USD, CAD, CHF, GBP, NZD, AUD or any other currency via whatsapp to me and money will be sent to your acct/your recipient's acct via transfer.�

CHECK BIO FOR MORE DETAILS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by sammy4life1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
Awoofawo:
If e send her, wetin you fix do her.....? cheesy
His prayers would be answered
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by IAmSkinny: 9:41pm On Mar 22, 2018
tydi:

dm abi pm far Abeg.. Gemme ur whatsapp number make I add you asap
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by Bearings: 10:12pm On Mar 22, 2018
I'm a badass in DESIGNING OF PHOTOBOOKS. That's what i do. Including shooting too soon though
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by mhizgap(f): 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2018
How much cost to get a good camera �
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by zeestone99(m): 11:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
Just check @kalourfulspace photography for beautiful photo shoot at affordable price.
His num is 07062396471
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by samdelaw(m): 11:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
IAmSkinny:

I will. Send me a DM
am interested too bro
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by ipledge10(m): 12:01am On Mar 23, 2018
I have Nikon D7200 with nikkor 55-200mm and 35mm 1.8 lenses.. I still suck grin

My focus is taking pictures of aspiring models

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by Timagex(m): 12:24am On Mar 23, 2018
ipledge10:
I have Nikon D7200 with nikkor 55-200mm and 35mm 1.8 lenses.. I still suck grin

My focus is taking pictures of aspiring models
DM me...I can help
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by FrankTalk1: 6:03am On Mar 23, 2018
Wow! This is really great. Many people have neglected their photography skills, not knowing that they can make more money from it. Thanks OP for this.

There are many more business ideas we can maximize to yield more income. See them here:

http://myafribusiness.com/over-200-unique-business-ideas-for-everyone/
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by justmenoni: 6:17am On Mar 23, 2018
Take her to tosyne2much

Olachase:
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by IAmSkinny: 6:19am On Mar 23, 2018
samdelaw:
am interested too bro
08145373474 hit me up on whatsapp
Re: Five Ways Of Making Money Through Photography by IAmSkinny: 6:20am On Mar 23, 2018
Timagex:
DM me...I can help
08145373474 whatsapp

(1) (2) (Reply)

Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 / 3,000 Nigerians To Learn Animation Tech / Thought-provoking Satirical Illustrations By Pawel Kuczynski

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.