Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

How To Negotiate For A Higher Starting Salary In A Job Interview - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Negotiate For A Higher Starting Salary In A Job Interview (660 Views)

See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary / What Is The Starting Salary For A Graduate In Federal Inland Revenue Service: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Negotiate For A Higher Starting Salary In A Job Interview by askkayodemicah: 2:29pm On Mar 22, 2018
Felix had just concluded a job interview; the employer did not hide his interest in engaging him for the job based on his wealth of experience and the perceived values that he would add to the business.

However, because no mention was made of a salary demand another session of interview discussion was called at the instance of the employer and towards the tail-end of the interview Felix was asked, do you have any question? His response was yes. Sir, in your estimation, would you consider me appropriate for employment? The response was “yes we are very much interested in you”. Secondly, sir, what is the salary for the position? The employer was hesitant and later asked, what is your demand? Felix was a bit startled and he answered; whatever you considered okay and appropriate for me would do sir.

Felix started the job without any specific salary offer to him and in about two weeks into the new job he was issued with an offer letter containing the same amount of salary that he earned from his last place of work from which he resigned to take up the new role.
The questions would be asked, did the employer played his role fairly in determining such a salary for Felix? The answer is yes based on his estimation of Felix’s ability and perceived value. On the other hand, should the blame go to Felix for not demanding and negotiating a higher salary? The fault was entirely his, because, he never made a demand. Click the link to Continue reading http://www.askkayodemicah.com.ng/2018/03/22/negotiate-higher-starting-salary-job-interview/

1 Share

Re: How To Negotiate For A Higher Starting Salary In A Job Interview by thesicilian: 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
Ok
Re: How To Negotiate For A Higher Starting Salary In A Job Interview by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
thesicilian:
Ok
You play chess?

1 Like

Re: How To Negotiate For A Higher Starting Salary In A Job Interview by thesicilian: 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2018
mikezuruki:

You play chess?
Yeah
Re: How To Negotiate For A Higher Starting Salary In A Job Interview by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2018
thesicilian:
Yeah
where we go meet? I stay at Coker road, orile iganmu.
Re: How To Negotiate For A Higher Starting Salary In A Job Interview by thesicilian: 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2018
mikezuruki:

where we go meet? I stay at Coker road, orile iganmu.
I'm at Ikeja side.
My email is on my profile. You can forward me your contact and we take it up from there.

(1) (Reply)

STEVE WILHITE : The Man Who Invented GIF Is Dead / Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria / Free Seminar On Accessing Our 15 Million Naira Venture Capital Fund.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.