Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,318 members, 7,846,404 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem (719 Views)

Banana And Groundnuts: Benefits Of Banana & Groundnuts / US Explores Possibility That Coronavirus Started In Chinese Lab, Not A Market. / 12 Health Uses Of Aidan Fruits: Tetrapleura Tetraptera (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem by Newshelm: 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2018
A Nigerian man has shown his optimism for creativity in Africa. On a recent trip to Rwanda, Yakubu Jimoh John revealed the many uses of banana stem which he believes can be put to good use in many areas of the country as well as create wealth.

Jimoh shared photos from the skill acquisition centre, where some creatives had used the stem of banana to do the seemingly unbelievable.

He revealed; not only can they be used for very comfortable, rafia-type chairs they can also be used for sanitary towels. John attended the training in which people were taught how to convert certain "waste" material into useful items in the household and offices. His passion for such initiative was expressed in his post, where he boldly claimed, Africa will be great again.

In his post, which was shared on Facebook, he said:

"Today in My Training Flag Off in Nyanza, Rwanda While waiting for others that are due to be trained together with us, I was taking a look at different things at the centre, the place used to be a Government Centres For Different Skill( Skills Acquisition Centre).
As I was looking around, I saw this chair and Stool made in Rwanda with Banana parts.
I was actually amazed, and surprised, I haven't seen or heard people make Something out of banana Stem, rather than chop it off after cutting the main thing to eat, I actually love people who are creative, here in Nigeria people just cut it off.
Earlier in my post I wrote something, "Turning a Waste Products into a Real Wealth in Nigeria". This thing really serves as a good chair for homes, It is being sold at a reasonable price in Rwanda Markets here.
I learnt that in Rwanda here, You make something of something, I don't see them, Harvest Cassava and don't use the leave,use the stick not to dry, Chop off sugar cane and leave it to rotten or many other things.
I wants to implore our governments to do something in creating various opportunities you can do.
In the centre being a Government owned, there is actually a need to attach pictures of past training held there.
I saw there how you make pads for women with banana.
Kudos to Rwanda Government.
Africa Will Be Great."

http://newshelm.ng/photos-nigerian-man-explores-the-many-uses-of-banana-stem/

cc lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem by NwaAmaikpe: 4:49pm On Mar 22, 2018
shocked

Those things won't sell...
He should create something that has the same function as Chidinma's cucumber.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem by MistadeRegal(m): 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
Creative.
But how is anyone going to decorate his/her living room with these?
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem by Shedrack777: 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2018
see nonsense wey him go do with our sweet banana. even went as far as putting his dirty ass on it.
you can say i'm hating, but i dey vex. just imagine! i'm not eating banana anymore again.
just negodu
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem by sinaj(f): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
MistadeRegal:
Creative.
But how is anyone going to decorate his/her living room with these?
Not living room but bars, can be kept under palm shades too.

Its really lovely.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem by NOC1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
Thanks to you my brother

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem by NOC1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
sinaj:

Its really lovely.

Thanks to you my brother, last year December a friend of mine opened his house when he took us to one of the sitting rooms he called native house I fell in love with nature, so cool without A.C, nice and lovely

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem by MistadeRegal(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
sinaj:

Its really lovely.

Mmm...
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Explores The Many Uses Of Banana Stem by Homeboiy: 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2018
I won't collect for free

(1) (Reply)

Re: Strike - "JOHESU Is Selfish,they Dont Know What They Want" Must Read / HELP!!! I Need Advice About My Friend's Smoking Habit / Early Signs And Symptoms Of Heart Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.