Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! (925 Views)

Experienced Accountants Are Needed / Ibadan Job Vacancy-experienced Accountants / Store Officers / What's The Starting Salary For Chartered Accountants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! by d1adedayo: 6:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
Good day my fellow nairalanders, I read Accounting from LASU and I graduated with 2:1 class level. I have attended several job interviews but I was disqualified because of my lack of experience according to the C.V. Now by re-applying to another company with a new CV as a 3-year experienced accountant, I was invited for an interview and I passed it. I have been asked to resume on 2/4/2018. I am very good in accounting and can use Ms Excel well too. Yet I need answers to these questions that bother me as it is my first encounter in that office:
1. Will they show me their past accounting records/documents, study them and continue from there?
2. Will they show the necessary books to keep and their formats?
3. Will I have to enter transactions directly on the spreadsheet on the system OR worked out first on a paper (as we do in the class) before entering it on the sytem?
4. Where do I start from immediately I resume the office?
5. What are my daily practical accounting duties in that office?
Thank you very much!
Re: Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! by unbranded13(f): 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
send a mail to me...we can start from there

2 Likes

Re: Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! by sunnymighty(m): 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2018
d1adedayo:
Good day my fellow nairalanders, I read Accounting from LASU and I graduated with 2:1 class level. I have attended several job interviews but I was disqualified because of my lack of experience according to the C.V. Now by re-applying to another company with a new CV as a 3-year experienced accountant, I was invited for an interview and I passed it. I have been asked to resume on 2/4/2018. I am very good in accounting and can use Ms Excel well too. Yet I need answers to these questions that bother me as it is my first encounter in that office:
1. Will they show me their past accounting records/documents, study them and continue from there?
3. Will I have to enter transactions directly on the spreadsheet on the system OR worked out first on a paper (as we do in the class) before entering it on the sytem?
Thank you very much!

If U are taking over from another employee, there should be an handing over file.

2 Likes

Re: Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! by d1adedayo: 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2018
I will not like to post my email for security reasons but i can send straight into your inbox. I need your help urgently please!
Re: Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! by labiola: 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2018
d1adedayo:
1. Will they show me their past accounting records/documents, study them and continue from there? Yes as long as they have. But if they failed to do so, then, ask from them.
3. Will I have to enter transactions directly on the spreadsheet on the system OR worked out first on a paper (as we do in the class) before entering it on the sytem? As long as you know which books to debit or credit, then you are good to go and post directly
4. Where do I start from immediately I resume the office? Under study the environment and go through all the available records to get yourself abreast with the organisation operations.
5. What are my daily practical accounting duties in that office? Those things you mentioned in your CV and during the interview
Thank you very much!
Re: Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! by Follygunners: 11:23pm On Mar 22, 2018
Sir, You don't need to stress urself. Relax, go in and do lots of learning (extensively) on the job. shocked

As long as you're proficient in MS-Excel... you're good for 85% of job. Just familiarize yourself with the various accounting tools and software they utilize and it's just a matter of time, you should be fine, trust me. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! by johnime: 11:33am On Mar 23, 2018
check my signature and let me refer you to someone
d1adedayo:
I will not like to post my email for security reasons but i can send straight into your inbox. I need your help urgently please!
Re: Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! by efex01(m): 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2018
you dont need to be worried, just focus on your own contributions to the company has a good accountant. most companies have their own designed apps like the place where am servicing they use microsoft dynamic NAV designed for the company and excel for reg that all and it is a big company. has fresh economics graduate i knew how to use them less than a month but now all at a time. So stay focus and be willing to learn. success

1 Like

Re: Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! by category(m): 1:06pm On Mar 23, 2018
efex01:
you dont need to be worried, just focus on your own contributions to the company has a good accountant. most companies have their own designed apps like the place where am servicing they use microsoft dynamic NAV designed for the company and excel for reg that all and it is a big company. has fresh economics graduate i knew how to use them less than a month but now all at a time. So stay focus and be willing to learn. success

Please watch it! @ the stroked words.
Re: Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! by julyb(m): 4:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
Just relax & open your mind for learning new things.You will surely need someone to put you through the company accounting software.Congrat.Enjoy your job with passion
Re: Experienced Accountants In The House: Please Help Me Out! by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
Hello bro,

How have you being coping so far in your new accounting job?

d1adedayo:
Thank you very much!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Management Trainee – Lagos / Rivers State Vacancy! Rivers State Vacancy!! Rivers State Vacancy!!! / P.R.O With Nightclub Experience Needed ASAP In Ejigbo, Ikotun (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.