Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

I Need Help With Local Host Configuration - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help With Local Host Configuration (938 Views)

How do I access jQuery and bootstrap on local host? (solved) / Configuration Of Thin Client/computer Repair In Benin City / POS Machine Configuration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With Local Host Configuration by GenghisAlexa1(m): 7:10am On Mar 23, 2018
Hello Good people,

Please epp.
I am trying to install xampp on my system, apache works fine( mainly cos I tweaked the port) but no matter how I do the same for the my.ini on the sql config, SQL won't start.

I wanted to use Web Platforms Installer before downloading the xampp from apachefriends, now the mysql in the xampp was saying SQL 5.1 is using the port. Then I switch to 3307 and it keeps saying the same thing, now I have deleted almost all the files that look like or have SQL in them.

I have deleted so many files trying to get this right, please help.

Re: I Need Help With Local Host Configuration by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 23, 2018
Uninstall XAMPP completely and any other server you have on your system. Then re-install the XAMPP server and install. Use the default port to avoid changing things you may not be familiar with.
Re: I Need Help With Local Host Configuration by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2018
Unstall your xammp completely and reinstall. Make sure you don't also have wamp previously installed on the system. Hope this helps.
Re: I Need Help With Local Host Configuration by Bolaji21(m): 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2018
If problem persists, download a lower version of xampp and install or just install WAMP instead.
Re: I Need Help With Local Host Configuration by Luminee(f): 2:35am On Mar 24, 2018
Most times it is due to other applications using same resources or port. turn off Skype, messenger, One Drive, etc and restart xamp

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Internshippls / Sunday's Service Scripture For All Programmers / Any Good Javascript Tutor Living In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.