Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Driving Through Flood Or Stagnant Water - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Through Flood Or Stagnant Water (944 Views)

Effects Of Driving Through Flood Waters On A Vehicle / Many Cars Submerged In Lagos Flood Following Heavy Downpour (Video) / See How Much Water Is Trapped In Your Car After Driving Through Flooded Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Driving Through Flood Or Stagnant Water by JustCryptos: 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2018
This is a question for the experts to answer. The rains are here again and there's no doubt that major roads will experience flooding and a lot of cars will quench on the road.

So, I had an incident today which is the reason for this topic. It rained heavily this morning in PH, and unfortunately for me, I was still out.

I got to a flooded street with wave height of about 15 inches (some experts have recommended 6 inches of standing water and 4 inches of flowing water). But trust Nigerians, we must test it.

A smaller saloon car approached from the opposite end and was coming speed and obviously high waves. I bet his AC was on too. I flashed at him severally, but baba no free reduce speed. On impulse, I increased my speed to slize through his wave, and boom, his car died on the spot.

I felt bad for him, but there was nothing I could do.

So my question to expert drivers is:

What do you do driving in a flood situation?

I know these few.

1. Avoid it as much as possible, irrespective of your car size.
2. Enter the water slowly, 3-4mph is enough speed. Rev for manual cars. Autos, I don't know.
3. Turn of your AC

Experts oya over to una
Re: Driving Through Flood Or Stagnant Water by kokozain(m): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
Am here to learn
Re: Driving Through Flood Or Stagnant Water by mayor2013: 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2018
Some cars are rugged at this. If you drive a ride with an EPS pls pull over. As for Peugeot users pls be at the last queue and wait for your fellow car users to pass through before getting past the water grin ikenna would kill me over this grin

N.B : best is to pull over

(1) (Reply)

Is Spare Parts Pre-order A Good Business Model ? / Mercedes-Benz Engulfed By Flames In South Africa,I Heard Them Speak Yoruba / Helpful Tips On How To Identify Automotive Fluid Leaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.