Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? (6533 Views)

Private Vs Public Universities - Which Is Better? / Maritime Academy Of Nigeria & Nigerian Universities Which Is Better? / Tecnology Universities Vs Conventional Universities, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by olorikan(f): 2:00pm On May 04, 2010
University of Ibadan
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 4:15pm On May 04, 2010
i would have prefer LAUTECH. here are some of our awards.
best state university in nigeria
the first nigeria state university you will come across in the world university ranking.
best fast structural improving campus in nigeria
etc
WHY NOT LET SEE THE AWARDS OF UI.not base on part record please.we all know is a premier university and the school fee is low.just tell us D attribute of this ur ui.and please why cant you choose oau.
ROFLMAO
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by olorikan(f): 2:20pm On May 05, 2010
Oba Awon University(OAU).
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by olorikan(f): 2:23pm On May 05, 2010
Oba Awon University (OAU).
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 1:10am On May 06, 2010
olori kan:

Oba Awon University(OAU).
you would have say 'old ancient university'oau
LOL
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by olorikan(f): 12:49pm On May 06, 2010
What of UNILORIN?
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 06, 2010
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Forever and always. Only those who are yet to visit the school will rate it second. Africa's most beautiful campus and one of 10 world best campuses. Nigerian best uni in researchs and productivity, leading uni in ICT development, 2nd world best in religious tolerance , very very very cheap uni. Sch fees 4 science, agric, pharm, med etc for freshers is N15,800 while those in art, law, admin, social sci etc, pay N13,300. Returning students pay bw N4,500- N10,000 depending on ur faculty . Hostel fee for freshers is N3,090 while others pay N2,800. The students' union is one of most vibrant u can find in any uni in Nigeria. They are difficult to cow to submission. Great Ife students enjoy the greatest freedom on campus. Admission is strictly on merit. Bring ur school's achievement's and compare them to these few. Do i need to remind u dt they produced the only nigerian Nobel Laurate?
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by bighead1(m): 10:54pm On May 06, 2010
nah nah nah cut da crap man

Johnpaul88:

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Forever and always. Only those who are yet to visit the school will rate it second. Africa's most beautiful campus and one of 10 world best campuses. Nigerian best uni in researchs and productivity, leading uni in ICT development, 2nd world best in religious tolerance , very very very cheap uni. Sch fees 4 science, agric, pharm, med etc for freshers is N15,800 while those in art, law, admin, social sci etc, pay N13,300. Returning students pay bw N4,500- N10,000 depending on your faculty . Hostel fee for freshers is N3,090 while others pay N2,800. The students' union is one of most vibrant u can find in any uni in Nigeria. They are difficult to cow to submission. Great Ife students enjoy the greatest freedom on campus. Admission is strictly on merit. Bring your school's achievement's and compare them to these few. Do i need to remind u dt they produced the only nigerian Nobel Laurate?
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by Olatunjio2: 5:33am On May 07, 2010
Johnpaul88:

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. Forever and always. Only those who are yet to visit the school will rate it second. Africa's most beautiful campus and one of 10 world best campuses. Nigerian best uni in researchs and productivity, leading uni in ICT development, 2nd world best in religious tolerance , very very very cheap uni. Sch fees 4 science, agric, pharm, med etc for freshers is N15,800 while those in art, law, admin, social sci etc, pay N13,300. Returning students pay bw N4,500- N10,000 depending on your faculty . Hostel fee for freshers is N3,090 while others pay N2,800. The students' union is one of most vibrant u can find in any uni in Nigeria. They are difficult to cow to submission. Great Ife students enjoy the greatest freedom on campus. Admission is strictly on merit. Bring your school's achievement's and compare them to these few. Do i need to remind u dt they produced the only nigerian Nobel Laurate?
Professor Wole Soyinka graduated from University of Ibadan,
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by Brisingr(m): 6:42am On May 07, 2010
UNIBEN too much. bookworms,girlz evrytin u want in a skool e dey there
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by Nobody: 7:05am On May 07, 2010
Granted Prof.Soyinka graduated from U.I, but he never got the prestigious award until he had served Great Ife for over 20yrs on different capacities as Professor of comparative Literature and Professor of Dramatic art and Great Ife,being richly endowed with what it takes to make a man great, made him a King over his ilk. Come on make researches!
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:33am On May 07, 2010
yeeh.
Well i tink i agree with you concerning oau.oau still remain d best.my dad finished there,my brother is also there.i wish to be there also but because they cheat me.they waste some of my years at home.since then av i dislike that school.but i sti thank God for LAUTECH,the best state university in nigeria.the first nigeria state university to be in the world ranking,peacefull.fast developing campus in nigeria i cant just name it all
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by luvola(m): 10:25am On May 07, 2010
i think lagos state univ among d best in d country , it achievements include -best law program in nig, had one of d best m.b.a program in nig, d vc prof hussein while in university of ibadan as h.o.d physics dept initiate d 1st i.c.t to u.i, and also introduce i.c.t to lasu (2nd university dat started i.c.t ) , processing of result is very fast (all result are available within one month) ,fastest univ to release post-ume exam within 24hrs
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by luvola(m): 10:32am On May 07, 2010
other achievement of lasu include - best state univ in nig , rank 4th in nig in 2009 web ranking , among d 1st 100 top rated univ in africa, lasu had one of d best col of medicine in nig ,
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by spikedcylinder: 10:36am On May 07, 2010
luvola:

i think lagos state univ among d best in d country , it achievements include -best law program in nig, had one of d best m.b.a program in nig, d vc prof hussein while in university of ibadan as h.o.d physics dept initiate d 1st i.c.t to u.i, and also introduce i.c.t to lasu (2nd university dat started i.c.t ) , processing of result is very fast (all result are available within one month) ,fastest univ to release post-ume exam within 24hrs

Did you go to this University?
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by bighead1(m): 11:40pm On May 07, 2010
shut it man the best i can really say should be, ,,,,,,,,
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by abioila(m): 7:29am On May 08, 2010
If u are stil arguing here u are on a longtin.i am a student of lasu,given my course of choice but i stil took jamb to go to d best skul in nigeria.i dont mind wasting a year.UNILAG is d best uni in nigeria
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by luvola(m): 9:46am On May 08, 2010
@ abiola - i wil advice u go to unilag because lasu seems to be hot ,forget about 1st class in d dept(eco) u ar in lasu,even 2/1 is hell , ask yur seniors in yur dept to gist u about lasu eco dept
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by luvola(m): 9:47am On May 08, 2010
@ abiola - i wil advice u go to unilag because lasu seems to be hot ,forget about 1st class in d dept(eco) u ar in lasu,even 2/1 is hell , ask yur seniors in yur dept to gist u about lasu eco dept
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by luvola(m): 9:53am On May 08, 2010
lasu is known in its law program as d best in west africa,futa engineering is d best in d country, lautech is known in its enginering ,tel us dat of unilag @ abiola
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by Morphy23: 2:01pm On May 08, 2010
Top 5. O.A.U, U.I, UNILAG, UNI ILORIN, UNAAB
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by Damolux01(m): 2:31pm On May 08, 2010
Oba Awon Uni is d bst in 9ja, no doubt abt it. GREAT IFE!!!
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by luvola(m): 6:39pm On May 08, 2010
these 1st generation federal univ ar living on past glory, some state university are better dan d above univ,
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by bighead1(m): 11:05pm On May 08, 2010
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Y'ALL SHOULD CUT THE CRAP AND LET ME DO THIS AND DO IT STRAIGHT
THESE SHOULD BE THE FIRST FIVE BEST UNIVERSITIES IN THE WHOLE OF NIGERIA

1., ILORIN
2., IBADAN
3., OAU
4., UNILAG
5., LASU.,
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by luvola(m): 7:57am On May 09, 2010
nuc wil always rate 1st gen univ high because of der past glory, if we use past record ,they are d best because dey were d 1st set of univ in d country , but let focus on present situation using some basis to rate these univ. d question is on what basis shud we rate nig universities ? is it on d basis of structure,student performance,academic standard,research ?
Re: Nigerian Universities- Which One Is The Best? by Joshuahunpe(m): 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
Na unilag jooo or are u blind?

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To LASGEMS The Schools Students Management Systems / KWARAPOLY 2016/2017 HND Admission List Is Out / What Will Happen To Naija Students If China Brings This Innovation To Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.