Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing (2953 Views)

Itel P37: First Impressions And Unboxing / New Oukitel C8 Price And Specifications / Oukitel C8 Specifications /review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:24am On Mar 24, 2018
I got the Oukitel C8 review unit a couple of weeks ago and I must say that during my use of the device in the past couple of weeks I've been very impressed. Oukitel really made the C8 a solid phone.

So, without further ado let's unbox this amazing device together.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
OUKITEL C8 4G
Instruction Manual
Clear Transparent Pack
Power Cable

OS,DESIGN AND DISPLAY
The C8 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and comes in 5 color variants ; I'll certainly pick the gold one in a blink of an eye. Although the C8 also has a 3G variant, this 4G variant keeps the same 18:9 ratio display but comes with improved graphics and performance. The Oukitel C8 weighs just 155g making it a very light device however it doesn't trim down the bezels. They look a bit chunky to me.

Looking at the display , the colors are quite vibrant and the white balance is even, the display panel comes with a rather strange 1280 x 640 resolution giving the phone a low ppi of 260.

Although 260 ppi is a bit low, we can forgive Oukitel because of the cost of the device. I know a couple of brands that the cost of their logo being on a product is higher than the cost of this phone .
I would have preferred having a higher resolution on this phone though.

Like most devices it has a protective glass and strange enough it's not the popular Gorilla Glass we all know. Oukitel decided to go with Dragontail Glass.

It's not something Merlin conjured from a magic spell. grin grin
Dragontail glass is actually the Japanese equivalent of gorilla glass.

I won't bore you with the technical details but you and I know that a Dragon will definitely whoop a Gorilla's ass any day. Probably when we exempt King Kong. grin

However, one little thing that I really don't like about the device is the fact that the charging point is placed on top of the device so if you are a fan of charging docks, your phone is going to be upside down when charging

PERFOMANCE

The C8 's performance like most devices in it's price range can be rated as average. I didn't experience any lags while using the phone and multi tasking is very smooth. The phone runs on a MediaTek 6737 CPU. It also comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of onboard storage.

The storage can be expanded up to 64GB. Coming to graphics, It has an ARM made Mali-T720 GPU which is a low-end GPU (graphics processing unit) that can play almost all the graphically intensive Android games. The C8's low resolution helps with this since there are less pixels that need pushing around.

However, if you are a heavy gamer, the C8 may struggle to keep up but if you're a just an average smartphone user , the C8 will serve you well. Keeping the lights on is a removable 3000mAh battery.

So here's a quick recap of the specs in the performance department -

2GB RAM
16GB Internal Storage (expandable to 64GB via micro SD)
Mali-T720 GPU
3000mAh Battery

CAMERA
The C8 comes with a 13MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera . There's an LED Camera to support both cameras. I'll rate the C8's camera 5/10 because it doesn't perform very well in low light situations but it's quite okay during daytime shots.

Although some of the day time shots tend to look a bit grainy when zoomed in but it's quite okay.

Here are a couple of shots I took on the C8. (P.S - If you want to see the video quality , you'll have to watch the Review Video at the end of the post)

The camera also supports Geotagging, Multiple Shots, Autofocus and more.

NETWORK AND CONNECTIVITY

The phone has a dual SIM slot - One Micro Sim and One Nano SIM. There's support for LTe,WCDMA,HSPDA and GSM. Here are the supported LTe Bands - 800,1800,2100,2600Mhz.

This means that it supports 4G on MTN,9mobile, Airtel , Smile and Ntel. It also supports VoLTe( Voice Over Long Term Evolution). This means that you can make calls on networks with Volte support like Ntel. The advantage of VolTe here is this - Normally on phones without Volte support , your device has to switch to 3G to make calls then switches back to 4G when you need to use data services. The constant switching between 3G and 4G will run down your battery faster.

Also having VolTe means you get to make calls faster and hear the person on the other side in HD.

SECURITY
When it comes to security the C8 is definitely no slouch. It has a finger print scanner that unlocks within 0.1 seconds and it's accuracy is top notch. You can add up to five finger prints, so if you wish to add all of your fingers you can do that easily. The fingerprint is combined with the standard security as a secondary layer of security .(PIN, Password, Pattern).

SPECS SHEET

Brand – Oukitel
Model – C8 4G
Device Type – Android 4G Smartphone
CPU – Quad-Core 1.3GHz ARM Cortex-A53
Chipset – MediaTek MT6737
GPU – ARM Mali-T720 MP2, 600MHz, 2-Cores
Camera – 13 Megapixels with Single-LED Flash and AF Rear Camera | 5 Megapixel Front camera with LED Flash
Memory – RAM- 2GB LPDDR3 | ROM 16GB External Memory Support up to 64GB
Display – Screen size 5.5 inches IPS Display (1280 x 640 Pixels)
Battery – Removable 3,000mAh Lithium-Ion
SIM – Dual SIM (Micro + Nano), Dual Standby
Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Fingerprint
Color – Gold, Black, Rose-Gold, Blue, Purple
Operating System – Android 7.0 Nougat
I/O Interface – 1x Micro SIM Card Slot, 1x Nano SIM Card Slot or microSD/TF Card Slot, Micro USB Port, 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
Dimensions – 70.6 mm x 147.0 mm x 10.2 mm
Weight – 155 Grams (With Battery)
Versions – 2GB/16GB
More Feature – Metal+Polycarbonate Body Design, LTE 50 Mbps, HSPA plus, LTE CAT4 150 Mbps Download, Computer Sync, OTA Sync, Tethering, FM Radio, Bluetooth, Rounded Edges, 2.5D Curved Glass Screen, 5V/1A Charger Output Power, Infinity Display, 18:9 Aspect Ratio.

MY VERDICT
The Oukitel C8 offers us so much for less and although it packs some bezels, Its plastic finish and shape makes it a phone that is easy to handle and the best for watching movies. The sound quality is also super .and believe me any device that offers you all that for less than $100 is definitely the device you ought to go for. Here's the review video below -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8mGd1_MVbQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-CT2arTrZI

PRICING
The Oukitel C8 costs N39,000 / KSH 11,000 but Gearbest is offering you 7 percent off this device if you purchase it from them. It comes with free shipping as well and you'll get a tracking number as well.

Use this coupon to get 7 percent off discount - GB7%OFF (Valid Till March 30 , 2018)
Re: Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:33am On Mar 24, 2018
Re: Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by MrBONE2(m): 11:06am On Mar 24, 2018
Re: Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by Dam5reey(m): 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2018
Price is N25,000 grin

Check Jumia
Re: Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by jetz(m): 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2018
awesome review tecno go put dias at 100k while the Oukitel C8 is just 25k on jumia...review not bad thumbs up
Re: Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
Dam5reey:
Price is N25,000 grin

Check Jumia

For the 3G variant not the 4G
Re: Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by Dam5reey(m): 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

For the 3G variant not the 4G

Alright thanks
4G is N30k

Re: Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 25, 2018
Any screenshots and real life pic of the phone.. I don't trust the Image Jumia put up there
Re: Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by NaijaTechGuy(m): 2:12am On Mar 25, 2018
MrBONE2:
Pls dose it support "OTG" feature

Nope
Re: Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by NaijaTechGuy(m): 2:13am On Mar 25, 2018
Tochyodiks:
Any screenshots and real life pic of the phone.. I don't trust the Image Jumia put up there

Check the review video.. smiley or check my blog
Re: Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by NaijaTechGuy(m): 2:17am On Mar 25, 2018
Dam5reey:

Alright thanks
4G is N30k

Jumia excluded the shipping costs. Gearbest on the other hand can ship the phone to you within 7-14 days for free. And there's also a 7% off coupon code for the device sha.. I think Gearbest shipping is a little bit more reliable.
Re: Oukitel C8 (4G) - An Affordable 2GB Low End Smartphone -full Review And Unboxing by YxCEc2kUDRp2RWy: 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
if Transsion made this phone, they would sell it for 40k

(1) (Reply)

How To I Start Importing UK Used Iphones? / Meet Gionee M30 With 10,000mah, 8GB RAM. / Please Suggest A Good Phone Under 100k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.