Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,658 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Public Service: FCDA Recruitment Is The Best! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Public Service: FCDA Recruitment Is The Best! (22362 Views)

10000 Police Recruitment Is To Tackle Unemployment - Buhari / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! / ****** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Service: FCDA Recruitment Is The Best! by skilful: 3:08pm On May 04, 2010
Recruitment Exercise In Public Service In Nigeria

I was awe-struck at his transparency, equity, doggedness and integrity he displayed during the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) recruitment exercise 2005. A close acquaintance living in Abuja helped with the submission of the application letter. I was called for the first written test (that means our application letters were treated). Being successful in that, I was invited for the professional written test after which I was called for oral interview .At this point, I called the person that helped with the submission that he should help so I would make the final list. He told me frankly that he didn’t know anybody that can help in FCDA. I went for the oral interview. Surprisingly, I saw my name in the newspaper that I was successful that I should come for my letter of appointment. It was like a dream. Sincerely, I never believed that it was possible to have recruitment exercise based on merit in Nigeria; the immigration service came up with their recruitment process.

I was in the South West for a weekend with my family, some university graduates in my church that had known that I was based in Abuja begged to be helped with the submission of their downloaded application forms and their credentials. I happily received the parcels (because someone did exactly the same for me).

I took the parcels to Gwagwalada on Tuesday (a day to the closing date) the forms were collected and I was asked to come back for the acknowledgment cards the following Friday. Getting there on the appointed day, I met more than seven thousand university graduates hoping to get their acknowledgment card. It had been announced that recruitment training would start the following Monday (16th Oct.,2006). So the applicants refused to leave the premises demanding an explanation for the turn of events.

The most embarrassing thing was that all the offices were locked and all the officials ran AWAY. No one was available to address the angry applicants. Another bombshell was dropped when some of the applicants went to the back of the building to discover that all the applications forms collected were scattered all over one of the rooms.

I decided to have a look. Sincerely it was an eyesore. I saw 90% of the application form the floor, scattered all over the room. I saw foot prints on the envelope (this means the officials had been matching on the application forms) if that was not sad enough, an application form was close to the door, a man picked it up to check whether all the forms on the floor had been treated (may be that was the reason for dumping them on the floor) Lo and behold, it was intact, the acknowledgment card was still there. This showed that the forms had not been treated when the training was to begin the following Monday

After this experience, I appreciated Malam Nasir El-Rufai the more. It takes a man with discipline and integrity to conduct transparent recruitment exercise in public service in Nigeria.

In the midst of corruption and confusion wouldn’t one appreciate the effort of El-Rufai rather than running a condemnation of his dogged determination to rid Nigeria of bad eggs?                                                                         

N.B This piece was written on the 14th October,2006.

I have been involved directly or indirectly with recruitment in ITF,NNPC,NIGERIA CIVIL DEFENCE,FRSC, and others

what is your own experience with recruitment in the Federal civil service?
Re: Public Service: FCDA Recruitment Is The Best! by ojesus: 11:06pm On May 04, 2010
I'm not sure of ur story

1 Like

Re: Public Service: FCDA Recruitment Is The Best! by skilful: 7:52pm On May 06, 2010
Why cant you ask anyone that you can trust?
i stand to be challenged by anyone.
Re: Public Service: FCDA Recruitment Is The Best! by onyishier: 1:52pm On May 07, 2010
I am sure El-Rufai must have Allocated plots of demolished Lands to you,thats why u have bold mouth to defend him. I am suspecting you. for these piece of tale story.
Re: Public Service: FCDA Recruitment Is The Best! by pewekac: 3:39pm On May 07, 2010
wish we had more people like you skilful. very very poor way of being cunny by immigrations, such a shame.

I was in the South West for a weekend with my family, some university graduates in my church that had known that I was based in Abuja begged to be helped with the submission of their downloaded application forms and their credentials. I happily received the parcels (because someone did exactly the same for me).
that's me as well. it's what we should strive to be, especially when we've made it cos it then wouldn't take so much effort
Re: Public Service: FCDA Recruitment Is The Best! by skilful: 5:08pm On May 08, 2010
onyishier:

I am sure El-Rufai must have Allocated plots of demolished Lands to you,thats why u have bold mouth to defend him. I am suspecting you. for these piece of tale story.
You are free to say anything you want.
Be reminded that you havent told me
whether you have confirmed what i said.
Try to find out the truth instead of arm chair
criticism.
Pls note that my reference was the recruitment
process conducted by El Rufai in 2005-2006.
Re: Public Service: FCDA Recruitment Is The Best! by surebanker: 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
When is FCDA recruiting this 2021?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Civil Service Recruitment, 2016 - Apply Now / Working For 1 Hour Shows You Are Employed, NBS Tells Nigerians / Dangote Refinery Salary Scale For Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.