Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is (3652 Views)

Guys Buy Car For Their Friend After Getting Tired Of Picking Him Up With Theirs / No Need To Search Olx, Cheki And Jiji, Greatest Deals All In One Place / OLX Donates Raincoats To LASTMA As A Token Of Their Appreciation (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by opewella: 2:10am On Mar 25, 2018
I've not done online transaction of car purchase online before. I need advice on it. thanks.
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 25, 2018
Don't pay in advance before you see and check what you want to buy.

opewella:
I've not done online transaction of car purchase online before. I need advice on it. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by fantasticone1(m): 2:26am On Mar 25, 2018
Make sure you see the car and test it... And pls don't go there alone for security reasons
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by Mutemenot(m): 2:46am On Mar 25, 2018
Cheki is more safe, jiji n olx 're scammers den

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 25, 2018
Go with mechanic sir, taste the car before paying
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by donk552(m): 5:52am On Mar 25, 2018
Cheki is best but go for verfied seller

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by soloehis(m): 10:52am On Mar 25, 2018
they are good place to buy things .but you need to see what you are buying..make sure the seller gives u plate number reciept and proof of ownership ..cross check the chasis number and also verify from road safty site if the plate number tallies with the car.when all this is in place you are good to go. I hve bought many cars online..olx and jiji..nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by soloehis(m): 10:54am On Mar 25, 2018
they are good place to buy things .but you need to see what you are buying..make sure the seller gives u plate number reciept and proof of ownership ..cross check the chasis number and also verify from road safty site if the plate number tallies with the car.when all this is in place you are good to go. I hve bought many cars online..olx and jiji..you have nothing to worry about.
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by Shugarlord213: 11:09am On Mar 25, 2018
Hey guys, I need a Nigerian used Toyota tiny light/envelope to buy. Location should be Lagos, Ibadan, Ogun State. Budget is 550k thanks.

Any one with anything similar should quote me back thanks in anticipation
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by kayola11(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2018
opewella:
It’s safe but advice to go through a dealer or mechanic so u don’t fall into buying a bad call
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by AkifRusvelt: 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
Mutemenot:
Scammers are people like you and me! There are still greedy people who run for unrealistically cheap things, in the end they are deceived. The result : Can you say something else about JIJI ?

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by Day169: 3:18pm On Mar 25, 2018
These sites are as safe as checking out the car thoroughly before negotiations and payment.
..they may be as unsafe as payments before seeing what you're buying! undecided
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by Ayoagbajesamuel(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
Pls, be careful, so u don't buy stolen vehicle because some sellers are very funny o. May God help u. Shine ur face
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by TPound(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
WhatsApp me on 08029898808 and you'll buy the most safest and secured cars ever. Also at affordable prices
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by cjeriia: 6:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Go with mechanic sir, taste the car before paying

Na Lafun with Okro soup

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by olagoldclearing(m): 7:37am On Mar 26, 2018
TPound:
WhatsApp me on 08029898808 and you'll buy the most safest and secured cars ever. Also at affordable prices
in case u need shipper for your goods from American,Europe or clearing agent call me or visit me in my office Tincan apapa Lagos 09055744737.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by ikdaddy01(m): 3:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
Whether u check car before u pay or drive before you check, always use ur instinct. FLEE from prices that are too good to be true. Like say u see Tin Can 2009 Corolla for 600k

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by Nwaohafia1: 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
It's like your village people are dancing around your case.
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by yeman1(m): 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2018
I bought my car from olx . And I'm still using it now. Just check all d documents and also verify from police station
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by Mikkylounge: 10:12pm On Mar 27, 2018
I have bought and sold cars on olx..infact the guy i bought from released the car even without collecting all his money.
I sold a car on jiji, the buyer paid money without seeing the car..he's grooving his car today, almost a year later.
The sites are safe, just inspect the car, check the documents and then pay. You'll be fine
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by LowerPro: 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2018
Mikkylounge:
I have bought and sold cars on olx..infact the guy i bought from released the car even without collecting all his money.
I sold a car on jiji, the buyer paid money without seeing the car..he's grooving his car today, almost a year later.
The sites are safe, just inspect the car, check the documents and then pay. You'll be fine
Always knew that jiji - good choice !
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by temmym4(m): 6:44am On Mar 31, 2018
There is No good or bad choice anywhere. It is all about US! HUMANS!!

Who posts on Jiji, Olx and others? No be the same people that you meet all around everywhere?

Either you buy cars directly from owner, Road side sellers, a mechanic, showrooms or online adverts. If you are careful and wise, you are safe. If you are too forward, greedy and impatient. You will be a victim.

My current car was from OLX. We negotiated for a very long time before we both agreed, all the while i was monitoring him closely and physically cos i recognised the car immediately the day i saw it on the road. I knew he wasn't in a hurry to sell.

Went there with a mechanic to check when i wanted to finalise the deal after test driving.
It's almost a year now. No issue.
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by NoiseTehra: 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2018
temmym4:
There is No good or bad choice anywhere. It is all about US! HUMANS!!

Who posts on Jiji, Olx and others? No be the same people that you meet all around everywhere?

Either you buy cars directly from owner, Road side sellers, a mechanic, showrooms or online adverts. If you are careful and wise, you are safe. If you are too forward, greedy and impatient. You will be a victim.

My current car was from OLX. We negotiated for a very long time before we both agreed, all the while i was monitoring him closely and physically cos i recognised the car immediately the day i saw it on the road. I knew he wasn't in a hurry to sell.

Went there with a mechanic to check when i wanted to finalise the deal after test driving.
It's almost a year now. No issue.
I bought a car only on JIJI, The main thing as you wrote - do not rush and go for a car inspection with a mechanic !
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by JubaiTonga: 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2018
Mutemenot:
Why is it safer than JIJI ?
Re: Pls Advice Me, I Want To Buy Car On Jiji Or Olx Or Cheki, Pls How Safe It Is by AshtonTeva: 3:24pm On Mar 31, 2018
JubaiTonga:

Why is it safer than JIJI ?
Who are you listening to? After the closure of the OLX office, almost all pass to jiji.

(1) (Reply)

I Have 2m, I Need A Toyota Camry 2010 / Only In Dubai: Police Force Buys $550,000 Lamborghini / Is Total Quartz 9000 5w40 Full Synthetic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.