Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,485 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? (2045 Views)

"I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" / Women Submit TV Remote Control To Men During Family Handover Ceremony / If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Ivorianaija(f): 2:56pm On Mar 25, 2018
Feel free to elaborate on this but try not to spread hate.
Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by donstan18: 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
Yes!

A good wife should be submissive to her husband.
Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
it depends. if you as a woman are the type who believes in gender equality then you shouldn't submit to your husband. just see him as your equal. if he makes decisions feel free to challenge him or his authority. but if u are a woman brought up in the way of the Bible then it's imperative that you submit to him but make sure you are submitting to the right kind of man who in turn must love you faithfully as if you are his own flesh and blood.

and to the men out there who abuse submissive women all I can say is one day they will be delivered from your hands and you will turn them to monsters whom you will beg for to submit to.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
100% if she wants a happy ever after marriage...

Personally, No submission means NO marriage...

Let me add that:

In any relationship, partnership or organisation, there is bound to be leadership which everyone must submit to, it doesn't make the leader more human than others.

In the Church there is a G.O/GS/Pope etc, who everyone submit to. In the mosque there is an Imam, Sheikh etc that every other person submit to. Even in schools there is the class captain, senior perfect, class Governor, course Rep, SUG President, Departmental President etc, that every other student submit to.

Same applies to family... The man has been positioned by God and NATURE to be the overall leader and head, and every other person (wife, wives, girlfriends and kids) MUST submit to him

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Ivorianaija(f): 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
100% if she wants a happy ever after marriage...

Personally, No submission means NO marriage...

Why should a woman have to submit to her husband for a happy marriage. Marriage is an equal pairing between two people and both people agreed to be together for as long as possible. Why would somebody want to live a good majority of their life as an indirect slave to their husband?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:26pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ivorianaija:

Why should a woman have to submit to her husband for a happy marriage. Marriage is an equal pairing between two people and both people agreed to be together for as long as possible. Why would somebody want to live a good majority of their life as an indirect slave to their husband?
Why should every citizen submit to the President when all are equal in the eyes of the law and constitution?

Why should all Senators submit to the Senate President when all were elected Senators?

Why should everyone else submit to the authority of the Class Captain when they are all classmates?

Why should every worker submit to the CEO when they are all employees/workers?

Why should every priest submit to the Pope when they are all Catholic priests?

Same reason a WIFE/WIVES and Children must submit to the authority of the husband in the family though all are members of the family.

7 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by donstan18: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Why should every citizen submit to the President when all are equal in the eyes of the law and constitution?

Why should all Senators submit to the Senate President when all were elected Senators?

Why should everyone else submit to the authority of the Class Captain when they are all classmates?

Same reason a WIFE/WIVES and Children must submit to the authority of the husband in the family though all are members of the family.

grin cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Ivorianaija(f): 3:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

A child must submit to his father because his father is what helped bring him into the world. The senators submit to the senate presidents because the senate president is appointed and has the ability to do more things, but that doesn't take away power from the senators. The people submit to the president but if the president does something wrong they will vote him out.
All of these people submit to the other because they still have their own balance of power and benefits/reasons for it.
Now, riddle me this, what benefit does a woman get for submitting to her husband? Will the husband still respect her as a person even though she's "below" him?
As far as I'm concerned a man and woman should be deemed equal and none submitting to the other. For ever and always, amen.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by donstan18: 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ivorianaija:

A child must submit to his father because his father is what helped bring him into the world. The senators submit to the senate presidents because the senate president is appointed and has the ability to do more things, but that doesn't take away power from the senators. The people submit to the president but if the president does something wrong they will vote him out.
All of these people submit to the other because they still have their own balance of power and benefits/reasons for it.
Now, riddle me this, what benefit does a woman get for submitting to her husband? Will the husband still respect her as a person even though she's "below" him?
As far as I'm concerned a man and woman should be deemed equal and none submitting to the other. For ever and always, amen.

Since you know none should submit to each other, why then did you create the thread?

Must people show Nlanders how shallow their thinking can be by creating threads.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Ivorianaija(f): 3:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
donstan18:

Since you know none should submit to each other, why then did you create the thread?

I was just asking for opinions and I saw your opinion was different from my own so I wanted to further discuss it.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by donstan18: 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ivorianaija:

I was just asking for opinions and I saw your opinion was different from my own so I wanted to further discuss it.

You want to further discuss it?

But you typed, As far as I'm concerned a man and woman should be deemed equal and none submitting to the other. For ever and always, amen.

How then do you intend discussing it when you'v made up your mind?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ivorianaija:

You are contradicting yourself Ma...

A child does not submit to his father's authority because he was part of the process that birth him, he submits because HE IS HIS FATHER! That doesn't mean the child is of less important than the father in the family.. All are equally important but one has authority over all.

Same way the wife and husband can be said to be of equal status as humans and adults but the equality has nothing to do with authority and leadership. The husband has authority over the wife and she must submit to him! It is a MUST and not matter of negotiation. In fact, NO family will enjoy peace and tranquility where the man's authority is not recognised by the wife.

Submission is not same as slavery, that Buhari is the President and has authority over us doesn't mean we are slaves to him. In fact, we can challenge and disagree with him but it still doesn't take away his authority... Similarly, other management taffs can disagree with the CEO on issues relating to do with policy during meetings and deliberation but it still doesn't mean they aren't under his leadership and authority... Definitely, it still doesn't mean that the bulk won't stop at his table.

Same way the wife isn't slave to her husband, she has right to disagree on issues but the husband is still the boss, the oga PATAPATA for life.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
OneSentence:
it depends. if you as a woman are the type who believes in gender equality then you shouldn't submit to your husband. just see him as your equal. if he makes decisions feel free to challenge him or his authority. but if u are a woman brought up in the way of the Bible then it's imperative that you submit to him but make sure you are submitting to the right kind of man who in turn must love you faithfully as if you are his own flesh and blood.

and to the men out there who abuse submissive women all I can say is one day they will be delivered from your hands and you will turn them to monsters whom you will beg for to submit to.
You can still submit to your husband and challenge his decisions 'cause humans are fallible. In marriage, two are one. There's no superior or lesser being in this union 'cause they're meant to decide unanimously.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by kelish(f): 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
depends on what youre submitting
Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2018
kimbraa:
You can still submit to your husband and challenge his decisions 'cause humans are fallible. In marriage, two are one. There's no superior or lesser being in this union 'cause they're meant to decide unanimously.
Thank You...

The wife isn't an inferior or lesser being to the husband, neither the children to the father, but only in authority is the father above all.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by ubunja(m): 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Ivorianaija(f): 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You are contradicting yourself Ma...

A child does not submit to his father's authority because he was part of the process that birth him, he submits because HE IS HIS FATHER! That doesn't mean the child is of less important than the father in the family.. All are equally important but one has authority over all.

Same way the wife and husband can be said to be of equal status as humans and adults but the equality has nothing to do with authority and leadership. The husband has authority over the wife and she must submit to him! It is a MUST and not matter of negotiation. In fact, NO family will enjoy peace and tranquility where the man's authority is not recognised by the wife.

Submission is not same as slavery, that Buhari is the President and has authority over us doesn't mean we are slaves to him. In fact, we can challenge and disagree with him but it still doesn't take away his authority... Similarly, other management taffs can disagree with the CEO on issues relating to do with policy during meetings and deliberation but it still doesn't mean they aren't under his leadership and authority... Definitely, it still doesn't mean that the bulk won't stop at his table.

Same way the wife isn't slave to her husband, she has right to disagree on issues but the husband is still the boss, the oga PATAPATA for life.

When a doctrine is fed to you for a long time you will think it is the only way to live life. I see that some people may submit for their own personal reasons but I feel as if it shouldn't be something you have to do. A woman in one place can choose this and another can choose something else for their life. To each his own. But no one should have to follow that way of life.
I apologize if my message was unclear or what I was trying to say wasn't conveyed properly.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by ubunja(m): 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
if a woman doesnt kneel to serve me food i lose appetite

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
kelish:
depends on what youre submitting
My Dear, it doesn't depend on anything...

Submission to ones husband is a must
Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Ivorianaija(f): 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Thank You...

The wife isn't an inferior or lesser being to the husband, neither the children to the father, but only in authority is the father above all.

Why should the father be above all?

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Thank You...

That position of authority as the head of the home doesn't make him a dictator. This is what we should get straight here. grin

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
ubunja:
if a woman doesnt kneel to serve me food i lose appetite
You go old be that. Is your wife meant to be your slave servant or your friend?

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2018
Been submissive to ones husband does not make a woman inferior. In marriage both are equal and should share ideas on how to project their family. Submissiveness does not mean slavery as some ladies see it and should not stop a woman from challenging or making input if the husband is not going on the right path.But the issue is that most men can take advantage of it and starts misbehaving. Most women whom people say they control the husbands,do so through submissiveness.
Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ivorianaija:

When a doctrine is fed to you for a long time you will think it is the only way to live life. I see that some people may submit for their own personal reasons but I feel as if it shouldn't be something you have to do. A woman in one place can choose this and another can choose something else for their life. To each his own. But no one should have to follow that way of life.
I apologize if my message was unclear or what I was trying to say wasn't conveyed properly.
My friend, this has nothing to do with doctrine, Nature, God, Gods, Deities etc made it so and nothing anyone can do to change it.

Like I said earlier, who do other students submit to the authority of the class captain? is he more student than them? Does he pay higher school fees?

There is hierarchy in every relationship, society, partnership etc... In every hierarchy, there is a leader sitting at the top! Even if two people come together to float a business by bringing equal resources, one of them will still be the CEO/President while the other will take Deputy Position or whatever... It doesn't make the CEO better than the other..

Same in marriage, the wife and kids are under the authority of the husband/father...

There is nothing anybody can do about it

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by ubunja(m): 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2018
kimbraa:
You go old be that. Is your wife meant to be your slave servant or your friend?
you think when i seduce a girl im looking for a friend? i have enough friends already.
so when a man kneels to propose he is a slave?
i deal with submissive women daily. some of the things you girls here are shocked about, many girls dont mind doing.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by kelish(f): 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
ok but we can till discuss terms and conditions
Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
kimbraa:
That position of authority as the head of the home doesn't make him a dictator. This is what we should get straight here. grin
Leadership is not about dictatorship and being in position of authority shouldn't make one a dictator.

The wife must have opinion and should be carried along in whatever position that the family is to take through the man but the bulk still stop at his table grin

However, a man must be assertive especially when he is convinced that it is in the interest of the family...
Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Ivorianaija(f): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

My friend, this has nothing to do with doctrine, Nature, God, Gods, Deities etc made it so and nothing anyone can do to change it.

Like I said earlier, who do other students submit to the authority of the class captain? is he more student than them? Does he pay higher school fees?

There is hierarchy in every relationship, society, partnership etc... In every hierarchy, there is a leader sitting at the top! Even if two people come together to float a business by bringing equal resources, one of them will still be the CEO/President while the other will take Deputy Position or whatever... It doesn't make the CEO better than the other..

Same in marriage, the wife and kids are under the authority of the husband/father...

There is nothing anybody can do about it

You people blindly follow religion and it really bothers me that someone will use an overly edited book (e.g Bible) to justify all things in life. I'm sorry but religion is just not good enough to justify something like this. And you also haven't even given me a good reason as to why the husband is the head. Please, explain.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ivorianaija:

Why should the father be above all?
Because he is the FATHER and it is his job to lead the family...

Same way a Vice Chancellor is of higher authority than every other lecturer in a university
Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2018
ubunja:
you think when i seduce a girl im looking for a friend? i have enough friends already.
so when a man kneels to propose he is a slave?
i deal with submissive women daily. some of the things you girls here are shocked about, many girls dont mind doing.
The subject of discourse is marriage, not girl friend. You said if a woman(your wife) doesn't kneel to serve you, you lose appetite. Now, my question is; isn't your woman/wife meant to be your best friend/confidante/soul mate? Why subject her to kneeling down to serve you like a servant? What's wrong if she seats by you to serve you? Stop reasoning like the primitive man.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Ivorianaija(f): 4:18pm On Mar 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Because he is the FATHER and it is his job to lead the family...

Same way a Vice Chancellor is of higher authority than every other lecturer in a university

Why is it his job to lead the family?

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Have To Submit For Her Husband? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Leadership is not about dictatorship and being in position of authority shouldn't make one a dictator.

The wife and be carried along in whatever position that the family is to take through the man but the bulk still stop at his table grin

However, a man must be assertive especially when he is convinced that it is in the interest of the family...
I completely agree with this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Are Trash. / ... / My Wife And Inlaws From Imo State Can Do Anything To Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.