Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound (851 Views)

Girls Mock Yahoo Boys In Benin For Putting Up Their Benz, Lexus For Sale (Video) / Residents Beat IBEDC Staff For Trying To Disconnect Their Light. / Man Attacks Electricity Official Who Came To Disconnect Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by EgbechoFaith(f): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2018
An technician attached to the Ughelli Area Office of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company has been electrocuted.

The incident happened during a mass disconnection of debtors at the Low-Cost Housing Estate in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State.

It was gathered that the deceased, simply identified as Theophilus, alongside other staff of BEDC, were on power disconnection exercise when the incident took place on Friday

The late technician was on the pole disconnecting a customer at the estate when power supply was restored suddenly. He was reportedly electrocuted immediately, leading to his death.
A resident of the area who confirmed the incident, said BEDC officials who went on the disconnection exercise with the deceased could not do anything to save him.

His body, which was strapped to the electric pole for over an hour after the incident, was later evacuated in collaboration with sympathisers who thronged the scene.

Giving details of the incident, a resident said, “The incident came as a surprise.
“We were all watching when the head of team for the disconnection insisted that a particular compound should be disconnected.

“The technician, whom they claimed was an ad hoc staff, also pleaded with the head of the team not to disconnect the building.

“Despite the appeal, the head of the team ordered the technician to climb up and cut the source of power supply.

“After much argument, the deceased reluctantly climbed the pole to effect the disconnection, but in the process, electricity was restored to the line, resulting to him being electrocuted.”

More:
http://egbechofaith.com/technician-electrocuted-trying-disconnect-light-compound-benin/

Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by greatnaija01: 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2018
benin people I hail o....

The guy has touched the wrong person's light...

1 Like

Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by EgbechoFaith(f): 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
greatnaija01:
benin people I hail o....

The guy has touched the wrong person's light...
kikikikikikiki... Why didn't you disappoint me... grin
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2018
So so sad. The head of the team just stubbornly pushed him into his death...pathetic.
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by EgbechoFaith(f): 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
PurplePatch:
So so sad. The head of the team just stubbornly pushed him into his death...pathetic.
that's where it's so painful...
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by thesicilian: 7:38pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ughelli is in Delta State, not Benin.
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by EgbechoFaith(f): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
thesicilian:
Benin also has Ughelli
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by thesicilian: 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
EgbechoFaith:
Benin also has Ughelli
Where in Benin is that?
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by EgbechoFaith(f): 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
thesicilian:

Where in Benin is that?
go look for map. Even Benin has, Sapele too
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by Inspire01: 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2018
EgbechoFaith:
Madam u don't know what u are saying, it happened in ugheli delta state and there is no town called ugheli in edo state. And Benin has sapele road not town, obviously u haven't been close to the shores of edo state b4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by Inspire01: 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
thesicilian:
No mind the op, she nor know anywere 4 Benin

1 Like

Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by EgbechoFaith(f): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
Inspire01:
Madam u don't know what u are saying, it happened in ugheli delta state and there is no town called ugheli in edo state. And Benin has sapele road not town, obviously u haven't been close to the shores of edo state b4
oya go check for map if e no dey? I never bear Benin. U know where be Isiohor?
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by EgbechoFaith(f): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
Inspire01:
No mind the op, she nor know anywere 4 Benin
if I recite slap untop your head grin
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by thesicilian: 4:35am On Mar 26, 2018
EgbechoFaith:
Oh. I think I know your case now.
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 26, 2018
OP pls change your heading. It's misleading.
Ughelli is nowhere in Benin city.
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by Inspire01: 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2018
EgbechoFaith:
oya go check for map if e no dey? I never bear Benin. U know where be Isiohor?
u too funny, u mean the one not far from uniben
Re: Technician Electrocuted In Benin For Trying To Disconnect Light In A Compound by Inspire01: 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2018
EgbechoFaith:
if I recite slap untop your head grin
Kikikikikikiki

(1) (Reply)

Cambridge Students , UK Protest Against Incessant Killings In Nigeria (pics) / Boy Exposed By Customer After Refilling Empty Beer Bottles With Urine / 2 Teenagers Flogged Publicly For Hugging Each Other (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.