Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult (1186 Views)

Solutech (emmanuel Ikechukwu) Is A Fraud. Beware!!! / A New Open Box Allienware Classic System A.k.a D Beast / Beware Of OSANG DANIEL MITCHEL A Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult by telealpha123(m): 8:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
So, I got this guy's contact from Nairaland, he claims to be a developer, Android app precisely.
We then had a chat on whatsapp, after giving him all the details on the type of app I want, I requested for a prototype, dude insisted that I must pay in something first.

So I transferred an upfront fee to him. He told me that my app will be ready within a week. After which I will balance up.
It's been a month now.
He has blocked me on whatsapp and facebook.

He is a SCAM!!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult by telealpha123(m): 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2018
Take a look at his face. He claims he is Andela certified. He resides in Lagos
Anyone who knows him should pls pm me.

Re: Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult by Memories12411: 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2018
Too bad for the destiny of such a young man.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult by terry50(m): 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
What kind of app are you are you trying to develop
telealpha123:
So, I got this guy's contact from Nairaland, he claims to be a developer, Android app precisely.
We then had a chat on whatsapp, after giving him all the details on the type of app I want, I requested for a prototype, dude insisted that I must pay in something first.

So I transferred an upfront fee to him. He told me that my app will be ready within a week. After which I will balance up.
It's been a month now.
He has blocked me on whatsapp and facebook.

He is a SCAM!!
Re: Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
Why is it that all these app developers are mainly scammers??

That is why i prefer face to face business to all these online commerce junks most especially in a faceless forum where somebody who don't even know what a html is will be claiming app developer, front end programmer bla bla...

Most especially those boys that sell useless script here, you will order for ponzi scheme script, you will be given a bunch of jumbo mumbo junky script with no correlation to ponzi scheme script...

Awful
too awful
Re: Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult by DoubleAsam: 11:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
You should have been suspicious the moment he mentioned your application would be ready in a week.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult by donsheddy1(m): 11:51pm On Mar 26, 2018
Sometimes I blame you guys. If you go into details now it'll be that you are requesting much but willing to pay little because he's cheap. This has been the issue most people face in nairaland.

I remembered somebody contacting me on nairaland that he needs a cryptocurrency exchange website and he's willing to pay me 70k which I declined immediately which he later gave to someone else. Later on he came back here saying he paid one developer money for a crypto website blah blah blah and automatically the guy became a scammer.

Sorry for this but I'll advice you go lay a complain to the bank you made payment to. They might help you.
Re: Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 27, 2018
@OP Read this before you hire a programmer if you don't want to be disappointed with the app you get.

PRESIDENTIAL EXECUTIVE ORDER 005 - REGISTRATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FIRMS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PRACTITIONERS IN NIGERIA

The Act makes it mandatory for all persons and organisations seeking to engage, or engaged in the sale and/or use of computing facilities, and the provision of professional services in computing or services related to the use of computational machinery in Nigeria to be registered by CPN and licensed to carry out such services.

Consequently S.22 (2) of the CPN Act makes it mandatory for all individuals and firms that are engaged in the provision of computer/IT services to register with the Council (CPN).

This is in line with the Agency&lsquos mandate and also in compliance with the recent Presidential Executive Order 005 on Planning and Execution of Projects, Promotion of Nigerian Content in Contracts and Science, Engineering and Technology, signed into law by His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR.

It is also worthy to note that contravention of Section 22 of CPN Act, CAP C22 LFN 2004 is an offence, punishable with both fine and imprisonment. Persons and organisations that are engaged in the provisions of IT services and Computer Science/IT training institutions are therefore advised to register appropriately with the Council (CPN).

Council wishes to state that it will not hesitate to bring to bear the full force of the law on unregistered IT Professionals, Practitioners, Institutions or Corporate Bodies.

Source: http://www.cpn.gov.ng/metro/index.php?ref=metro/content&show=65#sthash.1NVCax3z.dpbs
For further guidelines on registration, please visit: www.cpn.gov.ng.
Re: Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2018
I can tell those who are fake easily by the way they type, e.g I can ask for a 3D web application and someone here will just say we can do it without even asking about what type,framework, type of application and scope. Truly you deserve what you get. Why do you think devs have left this section, its now for scammers.

If you need work on a project don't ever work with a local dev without an escrow service if not you will always lose your money.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Femi Olayinka A. K. A W33consult by CAENO: 2:39am On Mar 28, 2018
It's not true that everyone that visits nairaland is a scammer...I mean those presenting themselves as devs.There are some real and trust worthy people.You just need to find them.Use an escrow account if you have to or insist on payment after the job is delivered to your satisfaction.

(1) (Reply)

Business Intelligence / I Need Help On Laravel With Voyager / From Banking To IT. Advice Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.