Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,420 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Hi-tech Love - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Hi-tech Love (796 Views)

Charmed Wit A 'smile' And A 'hi' / Hi Everyone / Hi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hi-tech Love by thimbook2(m): 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2007
Hi N'landers, been outta synch for a while but came back wiv some tidbits for da house. Have you ever wondered what would happen 2 most of this our affaires, relationships and entire romantic landscapes without the aid of our tech-stuffs. we try so hard to draw lines between the arts and sciences, logic and sentiments yet when it comes to these areas, there's a blur, aint it? I for one know I've kissed my 3G phone a coupla times just 'cos I could squeeze out a text to my cutie even in tha quaintest of places. plus some girls have been none to fall primarily for your ride, crib or bank account and you, afterwards, by proxy. For or against, i guess i'll stand with hitech love. /I know Its far from a being a verbal work of art but i'm just trying to express a thot/

ciao

[center]Hi-Tech Love[/center]

[center]Its a modern type love we have, Baby
with all the strappings of our cyber-gizmos.
Its a hi-tech love we share honey and I'm not in any way complaining
Running through my mind for the itinerary of the day's no longer efficient without my PDA to do it with
And you couldn't possibly jog in the morning without your Blackberry 'cos your boss
might call in for that brief or file;
Timing and scheming our lives in perfect synch is what we've been doing this little while…
Us Duo, U my princess in a nice cut suit, I your knight with a snazzy gleaming ride and a tall resume, See, the paradigms
have truly shifted for us
We, Like those cooties in Life Support in the [i]Matrix [/i]everyone we know is hooked in to the rat-race machine
All rushing running, walking talking, dreaming scheming, driving flying, people wishing, none watching, all hiking;
We try, I know, we try to keep it all in focus with all these "certifications" littering our corporate growth stair-paths;
And biorhythms, Work cycles, efficiency quotients, leadership challenges, market indices finding their place in our mindscapes;

[b]I[/b]ts a hi-tech space we breathe in baby 'cos we can't vacation for a day or 2 at th[color=#000099]
e Ski resort without our Notebooks -
No! they have to come along too, the whole 120 gigabytes worth of them, all crammed up with this life's distractions,
And the tiny beepers that make bosses and team-mates suddenly appear all-ubiquitous - they're here too!
And I remember that funny one when your's had to ring right out loud just after the Preacher had us say the "I Do's".
And I can't forget you saying a big NO! to my automating my whole crib then, why?
You said it was gonna make me ‘soft, too dependent on button and beeps , a man should be a man!’, you said.
Can't forget and thanks gyrl, I appreciate that!
But so many times I'm on the road and all alone, its this hi-tech buddies who keep me up with you
Remember how we celebrated my new BMW M3i-x not just for its beauty sake but also for the inbuilt internet and video-phone
And all the endless hours you've made my days by just being on your cam in town while I'm cruising the states
You, touring with me, sharing with me, talking with me, God!, its a wonder how you ever find the time for me or I for you…
Chatting on phone, browsing with the refrigerator and never out of credit or doe as we float through stratas of raises and suave career moves;
Thats our hi-tech dream Baby, just the two of us, kept in rhythm by God, bless these PDA's and ring tones telling the schedules
We're both focussed on keeping these goals SMART, specific, measurable, y'know, all of that talk about retiring early 'cos stock exchange's calling and 57% ROI is good for starters;
And its not just us but the whole nations too
These daddies out at 90hrs/week jobs and mom's got no time, even, to make the meals?
Gadgets here there and all over the place for telling the time, setting the hours or getting to places
And kids being born with more smartness pre-installed in them but growing up as game-freaks who end up atimes no better
Remote controls and clickers everywhere for everything but none for the real things that matter
And little RFID plastic implants for your passport, your stuff, your pets, the kids and finally you in your palm or forehead, sure, it don’t get no better?!
Though atimes I too wonder where all this is heading but I have no fear to tell you my smiles for you will stay good;
In all the weathers my love for you, for us, for Him, is true
In Hands that use no wrist watches I've placed my all including us
Before His Eyes that need no binoculars, our path’s unhidden protected
In His grace that sources from no known factories we'll ride triumphing in His plan -
His Spirit’s within us where no scanners can pick our thoughts or know our joys
As always, He will show the light and lead the way…
Out of our Hi-tech jungles in to the clear blue skies of love and life for all its worth in all its worth. [/center]
[/color]

(1) (Reply)

Syk Ryme / Meaning / The Man Below: A Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.