Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,534 members, 7,958,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:29 PM

How To Make Virgin Coconut Oil - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Virgin Coconut Oil (988 Views)

Shea Butter+Coconut Oil Mix For All Skin & Hair Types / Healthy Living: Organic Sea salt, Organic Honey, Raw Shea butter & Coconut oil. / Organic Coconut Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Virgin Coconut Oil by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 29, 2018
What you need
1 coconut
Hammer with a fork on one side
Blender
Water
Jug
Strainer

1. Break the coconut with the forked side of the hammer (I drink the refreshing coconut water)
2. Remove the meat of the coconut (white part) carefully with a knife or whatever works. Wash if they've gotten dirty in the process.
3. Cube the coconut into pieces
4. Put the pieces in the blender and add water just above the cubes. Blend and add water when it thickens to make it easier to continue blending.
6. Strain the coconut milk into a Jug
7. Return the shredded coconut in the blender, add water to cover it, and to make it easier to blend. Strain into the Jug.
8. Leave the coconut milk overnight for the oil to separate from the milk

.... To be continued tomorrow

Re: How To Make Virgin Coconut Oil by carinmom(f): 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2018
Following

1 Like

Re: How To Make Virgin Coconut Oil by Gracess: 7:29am On Mar 30, 2018
Following

1 Like

Re: How To Make Virgin Coconut Oil by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 30, 2018
24 hours later ...

grin

Hopefully one of these two parts is oil...

Re: How To Make Virgin Coconut Oil by carinmom(f): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2018
Op we are waiting na or is that all
Re: How To Make Virgin Coconut Oil by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
carinmom:
Op we are waiting na or is that all
grin

So I checked onlinew to see if there is a thing I missed.

And found that the cud is separated from the clearer coconut water and refrigerated.

I am waiting to see if I'll have oil. So much work grin

Till tomorrow. ..

# I tasted the white part. Very oily. Also eased an allergy soar throat.
# Throw away those allergy tablets and take just abit of coconut milk/creame. cool Now I'll replace piritons and cetrizin with this cheesy (tastes like coconut flavoured milk cream)

Re: How To Make Virgin Coconut Oil by carinmom(f): 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2018
Muafrika2:

grin

So I checked onlinew to see if there is a thing I missed.

And found that the cud is separated from the clearer coconut water and refrigerated.

I am waiting to see if I'll have oil. So much work grin

Till tomorrow. ..

Okay, waiting for your update

1 Like

Re: How To Make Virgin Coconut Oil by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
No oil

But am not giving up. I'll try it again next time following instructions more carefully smiley

Meanwhile, nothing went to waste. I used the clearer water in beans soup, kept the shredded coconut meat for pastry making (anything with wheat will have it ) ... and the creame for eating.

I chose not to use heat at any point, to preserve the coconuts vitamins and other unique richness that can be ruined by heat.

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare River State Native Soup / Hollandia Evap Milk Inspires Consumers In New Communication Campaign / Ovens! Ovens!! Ovens!!! & Popcorn Machine In Abuja. Nationwide Delivery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.