Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. (18790 Views)

FUTO Student Dressed As A Native Doctor To A Night Class As Exam Draws Near / [PICTURES] See What Kogi State University Student Found In Their Hostel As They / Bowen University Students Who Fought, Sent Out Of Their Hostel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by fejioguma(f): 6:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
Students of the faculty of medicine of UNIBEN have been left stranded as the hostel built solely for them is given to students from other faculties.

Medical students of UNIBEN, one of Nigeria’s first generation federal universities have been given till Friday to evacuate the NDDC hostel built for their faculty.

The hostel which was said to be built by Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC to solely accommodate medical students is occupied by less than 10% of them.

The 200, 300, 400 and 500 level students of the faculty who have their professional exams coming up next month are without a place to lay their heads.

According to a source who posted the pictures on Instagram, students are seen flocking outside the hostel building in what can be described as a protest to challenge the decision.

It is also reported that “Rooms are being given to students from other faculties, and medical students have been asked to evacuate the temporary inadequate hostels provided latest by Friday.”

Neither the Vice-Chancellor Prof Faraday Orumwense nor the school authorities have made any official statement yet but Trends44is on standby to bring you reports as they drop.

1 Share

Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by henrygale(m): 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2018
Hmmm...... Quite bad if it is true.
I hope everyone involved will do the needful to avoid distracting the poor medical students.

1 Like

Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
More

Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by upros(m): 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2018
Medical and Dental students in UNIBEN are suffering
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2018
Neeklaus, comes and see your people. grin
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by upros(m): 11:35pm On Mar 29, 2018
Today medical and dental students of the University of Benin came out to protest their lack of accommodation. The University of Benin forcefully drove them out of Hall5 and refused them entering "NDDC medical hostel" their supposed hostel. It should be noted that when the University of Benin Medical school was fighting for accreditation of 150 quota of admission last year, they told MDCN(medical and Dental council of Nigeria) that NDDC medical hostel is fully for medical students.
The list that came out earlier this month through those that have "connection" had over 250 students with medical and dental students not being up to 30 in the list.
As it stands now medical and dental students of the University of Benin are still outside NDDC hostel waiting to enter the hostel with their loads and they said they are ready to sleep outside for the next two days.
More info will come as the protest continues.

Roastedcorn
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 29, 2018
fejioguma:
Please I want the Mods to push this to the front page cause i want higher authorities to see this and come to our aid.
Exams are just around the corner and there's no where to stay. We are suffering and the hostel meant for us is being given out to other students via connection.
Cc Lalas.ticlala
Myn.d44
Ishil.ove
UNIBEN said hostel accommodation is a privilege , not a right .

5 Likes

Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by NeeKlaus: 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2018
kimbraa:
Nee klaus, comes and see your people. grin
Lols! E nor really concern me shaa. This school management has lost it. If only they know how impossible that quit notice they gave the students is, they would think again.

I heard they chased Hall 1 girls today. Pray tell, were you scampering for shelter like someone who just lost her home?? cheesy
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
NeeKlaus:

Lols! E nor really concern me shaa. This school management has lost it. If only they know how impossible that quit notice they gave the students is, they would think again.

I heard they chased Hall 1 girls today. Pray tell, were you scampering for shelter like someone who just lost her home?? cheesy
LOL. My name came out on first batch, and I cleared my space today. I went to check on the room I was allocated but the girl on my space is looking for where to go to so I told her to stay put 'till next week when my temporary space occupant comes. I'm so used to my rommies that I don't feel like leaving them. grin

Hall 1 is almost empty. grin My coursemate was like girls are fainthearted 'cause Hall2 boys aren't moved.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by NeeKlaus: 12:01am On Mar 30, 2018
kimbraa:
LOL. My name came out on first batch, and I cleared my space today. I went to check on the room I was allocated but the girl on my space is looking for where to go to so I told her to stay put 'till next week when my temporary space occupant comes. I'm so used to my rommies that I don't feel like leaving them. grin

Hall 1 is almost empty. grin My coursemate was like girls are fainthearted 'cause Hall2 boys aren't moved.
Ofcourse, we are not moved. It's only you girls this stuff will affect. I am just waiting to see the drama that will ensue in Halls 3&4 tomorrow. It promises to be fun. grin
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 30, 2018
NeeKlaus:

Ofcourse, we are not moved. It's only you girls this stuff will affect. I am just waiting to see the drama that will ensue in Halls 3&4 tomorrow. It promises to be fun. grin
That'll be fun to watch. I don't know how God created you guys. grin Do you know we don't use hotplate here? But someone was like it's the order of the day in Hall2 with näked wire. I couldn't stop laughing 'cause it seems only the boys could defile their rules.
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by NeeKlaus: 12:12am On Mar 30, 2018
kimbraa:
That'll be fun to watch. I don't know how God created you guys. grin Do you know we don't use hotplate here but someone was like it's the order of the day in Hall2 with näked wire? I couldn't stop laughing 'cause it seems only the boys could defile their rules.
You don't use hotplate?? Fo' real? That's all we use here... Kerosene is kinda obsolete to us already.grin

But still, your hostels are wayyyy cleaner. It's not even up for debate. So, that's a greater positive already.
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 30, 2018
NeeKlaus:

You don't use hotplate?? Fo' real? That's all we use here... Kerosene is kinda obsolete to us already.grin

But still, your hostels are wayyyy cleaner. It's not even up for debate. So, that's a greater positive already.
Imagine! While kerosene is the order of the day here. My friend that came with hotplate wants to sell it but no one is willing to get into trouble with the porters. grin

Of course, boys are dirtier na. tongue I think the old women who clean are doing a nice job. Here, if anyone poos and messes up the toilet, that floor's light will be disconnected for as long as until one of them volunteers to clean it up. Such punishment kind of put the dirty ones in check. grin

1 Like

Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by NeeKlaus: 12:32am On Mar 30, 2018
kimbraa:
Imagine! While kerosene is the order of the day here. My friend that came with hotplate wants to sell it but no one is willing to get into trouble with the porters. grin

Of course, boys are dirtier na. tongue I think the old women who clean are doing a nice job. Here, if anyone poos and messes up the toilet, that floor's light will be disconnected for as long as until one of them volunteers to clean it up. Such punishment kind of put the dirty ones in check. grin
Wow! No wonder Hall 1 was so neat the day I entered there. Heaven knows those kind of regulations will not stand the test of time over here.

Shaa, we have derailed these Medical Students' thread already. I don't need somebody coming for my big head.
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 30, 2018
Senior reg for our unit d always talk on how Uniben Medical students no d take rubbish na.
Or what has changed?
Please you guys should do something mbok.
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 12:38am On Mar 30, 2018
NeeKlaus:

Wow! No wonder Hall 1 was so neat the day I entered there. Heaven knows those kind of regulations will not stand the test of time over here.

Shaa, we have derailed these Medical Students' thread already. I don't need somebody coming for my big head.
I know sha! Some technicians will go look for the power source and reconnect while you can't even find a girl that knows where the source is. cheesy

Op, we're sorry oh!. grin
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by NeeKlaus: 12:42am On Mar 30, 2018
kimbraa:
I know sha! Some technicians will go look for the power source and reconnect while you can't even find a girl that knows where the source is. cheesy

Op, we're sorry oh!. grin
Even the Engineering girls too? Lols!
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 12:50am On Mar 30, 2018
NeeKlaus:

Even the Engineering girls too? Lols!
Is it here that someone will faint and we won't see a medical student coming to their aid? grin
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by NeeKlaus: 12:54am On Mar 30, 2018
kimbraa:
Is it here that someone will faint and we won't see a medical student coming to their aid? grin
You are in their thread o. I wonder why you have decided to shake this table by this time of the day. grin
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by OneCorner: 3:44am On Mar 30, 2018
upros:
they will not push this to FP now o..if its snake and breast naw they ll be rushing like pigs...

they also caught a large breast like snake there today..
Come and see your food!!
lalasticlala
mynd44
cry baby. must u cry to get what you want?
Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by ItsAaliyah: 7:34am On Mar 30, 2018

Students sleeping outside their hostels (the hostel is empty btw) and some have professional exams in 38 days

1 Like

Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 30, 2018
When a university is termed federal, what does that mean actually especially in Nigeria?
I know federal government should be funding it but most of them make students pay excruciating fees even with the federal government subsidies.
I noticed the schools are packed with 70% of the indigenes where it is located student and staff wise.
What exactly made them federal schools?
Am asking with UNN as a case study.

1 Like

Re: Medical Students Forcefully Ejected From Their Hostel As Exam Approaches. by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 30, 2018
Lol.
I just planned living a jungle life this session because me that is in final year can't pay that amount of money for dirty Hall 4. Let the worse happen I must survive by God's grace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New University In Okitipupa ( Ondo State University Of Technology) / Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System / 20 Ways Candidates Cheat During Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.