Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School (1388 Views)

Top 5 Chicken Shawarma Recipes Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by daewoorazer(m): 8:50am On Mar 30, 2018
I want to sincerely apologize to all Wrestling fans about my former article. Should you have missed it, here is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/4426069/7-all-time-wrestling-legends
The list was short and couldn't contain all deserving names.

However, I want to make a list as regards the all time legendary refreshments in elementary school (may include more than this, please bear). If you don't belong to before '80s, it'd be hard for you to relate. but if you represent this category like myself,...... (see below)

Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by daewoorazer(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2018
kindly raise up your hand and say present!

Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by daewoorazer(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2018
1. Ori Abacha:
Key Ingredient:
Epa (ekpa)

In other words, Kulikuli. It is a special delicacy made from groundnut mash. If you missed out on this delicacy, I dont know what to say...

2. Tabatabadi
Key ingredient:
Sugar
Artificial Colours

I don't know the meaning of that name but I can assure you that is its global name. This refreshment really destroyed a lot of lives; should I mention the inflamed anus or the watery 'sturv' you get to pass out as "shyt"

Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by daewoorazer(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2018
3. Ekanna-Asa (Eagle's claws)
Key ingredient:
Sugar

This is sugar melted; the "molten magma" is packaged into a cone-shaped paper and allowed to solidify. I cannot count the number of this I gulped.

Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by daewoorazer(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2018
4. Eyin Alangba (Lizard's egg):

Key ingredients:
Sugar
Artificial Colours

This is also made of sugar but it came in different colors. It came in the size of a lizard's egg. The reason behind it’s name ain’t far fetched.

Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by daewoorazer(m): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2018
5. Baba dudu:

Key ingredient:
Sugar

Then, it came in beads. I'd buy a few knots and use as bead on my neck. Na only God sabi how many girls I use chyke for my class!

Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by daewoorazer(m): 8:56am On Mar 30, 2018
6. lolly:

Key ingredients:
Sugar
Artificial colours

It has no other name. That name is universal and its known for its quenching power when walking home under the scorching 1:30pm sun!

Forget fan milk, this is the real lolly!

Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by daewoorazer(m): 8:56am On Mar 30, 2018
7. Choco Milo:

Choco milo time don tey! The wrap in the picture below is different from what have we today! I still feel the chocolatey taste on my tongue till today!

8. Okin, Shortcake and Marie-A

All I know is these 3 biscuits made my childhood than any!

Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by daewoorazer(m): 8:58am On Mar 30, 2018
9. Elekute

Key ingredients:
Grounded corn
Grounded pepper
Sugar

This is grounded dried corn mixed with sugar and grounded pepper. If you are not careful when eating it and it enters your nasal cavity, you know the rest. Elekute and Ori Abacha is the reason I lost many money (coins) as rats feasted on the base of my pockets on many occasions.

Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by daewoorazer(m): 8:59am On Mar 30, 2018
10. Sikin:

Key ingredients:
Cow's blood

This is very unhealthy but na God they protect public school pikin. I learnt it's the blood of cow cooked and cut into different pieces.

Whatever, we ate it and we are still alive till today!

lalasticlala
mynd44
Add yours!

Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by krissconnect(m): 9:23am On Mar 30, 2018
Most of these are northerners delicacy... Gross! undecided
Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by daewoorazer(m): 9:33am On Mar 30, 2018
krissconnect:
Most of these are northerners delicacy... Gross! undecided

No bro...we chop am wella for southwest o

2 Likes

Re: 10 All Time Refreshments In The Elementary School by eddyline(m): 3:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
I chop all these for primary school Ehen.
if you are from the north, you'd know things like mazankwaila, basically melted and solidified sugar, Madaran kuka, a powder obtained from the fruit of the boabab tree; kurmus roasted seeds of the boabab plant; the great and mighty sugarcane and many more

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tomato Powder / Help Me With Recipes For: / A Cook Needed In Lagos Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.