Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? (674 Views)

How To Get Rid Of Annoying Ads On Tecno, Infinix And Gionee Android Phones / My Phone Has Been Displaying Annoying Ads Since Last Week. / Google Chrome To Block Annoying Ads From February 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? by pukena(m): 6:40pm On Mar 30, 2018
Hello experts in the house,

Please I can hardly use my phone for a minute without pop up ads covering my screen. It's becoming annoying. As in even without opening a website, ads would just pop up my home screen.

What could be the problem. I leave my data on all the time. Could this be the reason?

Sometimes, to close these ads could be difficult. I would have to restart my phone.

Is this virus?

Please I would appreciate any answer that points me to a solution fast. Google must be crazy to flood me with unsolicited ads!
Re: How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? by dominique(f): 6:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
It must be something you installed on your phone. Are you using any launcher or did you download a theme?
Re: How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? by pukena(m): 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2018
dominique:
It must be something you installed on your phone. Are you using any launcher or did you download a theme?

Am not sure I have done anything out of the ordinary though
Re: How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? by giftedben: 7:35pm On Mar 30, 2018
Download Dr web lite antivirus use it to full scan your device
Re: How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? by dominique(f): 7:36pm On Mar 30, 2018
pukena:

Am not sure I have done anything out of the ordinary though

Go to your data usage and find the app that is consuming most data and disable background data. Also download an effective antivirus and run a full scan
Re: How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? by Kunleforreal(m): 9:22pm On Mar 30, 2018
pukena:

Please I can hardly use my phone for a minute without pop up ads covering my screen. It's becoming annoying. As in even without opening a website, ads would just pop up my home screen.

What could be the problem. I leave my data on all the time. Could this be the reason?

Sometimes, to close these ads could be difficult. I would have to restart my phone.

Is this virus?

Please I would appreciate any answer that points me to a solution fast. Google must be crazy to flood me with unsolicited ads!
Hello, i can fix the problem for you at affordable price if you are in Lagos; you can check here for more details: https://www.nairaland.com/4205733/unlock-flash-upgrade-downgrade-mobile
Re: How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? by pukena(m): 7:21am On Mar 31, 2018
dominique:

Go to your data usage and find the app that is consuming most data and disable background data. Also download an effective antivirus and run a full scan

I did that. Downloaded Dr Web antivirus and scanned my phone. Detected 14 threats which I netrailized. The ads are gone. Thanks dearie, u re a lifesaver.
Re: How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? by pukena(m): 7:22am On Mar 31, 2018
giftedben:
Download Dr web lite antivirus use it to full scan your device

Actually this version only detects threats but can't neutralize them. I downloaded a licensed version if Dr web.
Re: How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? by dominique(f): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2018
pukena:

I did that. Downloaded Dr Web antivirus and scanned my phone. Detected 14 threats which I netrailized. The ads are gone. Thanks dearie, u re a lifesaver.

That's good to hear. Thanks also to Giftedben for suggesting the antivirus to use.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop These Annoying Ads? by Brunel(m): 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2018
It's not Google, most likely you've downloaded an app that permits third party ads........I'd check my downloaded apps to confirm if I were you.

pukena:

Is this virus?

(1) (Reply)

Wonderful Phones Review / Offline Gamer Come In / Whatsapp - Admins Can Now Restrict Group Members From Posting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.