Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Mad In Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mad In Love (22275 Views)

I Fell In Love With Musa / ISABELLA – In Love With A Marmaid (complete Episodes) / Purified Tomorrow: The Mad Awakening (A Science Fiction) By Akinjide Akintayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 11:58pm On Mar 30, 2018
MAD IN LOVE
BY Tisa Phiri

Jennifer, a working class lady catches her boyfriend and best friend making out in her own house.

With a broken heart, she attends her uncle’s funeral and meets Benjamin, a handsome man but ill man. Jenifer is intrigued by Benjamin and finds herself thinking about him even in the city. When she noticed she had fallen helplessly in love with the handsome ill Benjamin, she goes back to the village, kidnaps Benjamin, and takes him to her house. She starts searching for ways to cure Benjamin but there are people, who would stop at nothing to see that Benjamin is useless in life. Would Jenifer be able to damn these people and get a cure for Ben? How would she be able to cope with Benjamin’s illness before a cure is gotten?

It’s really madness. MAD IN LOVE.

Source: www.youngicee.com/category/mad-in-love

Find out in this captivating story.

Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:03am On Mar 31, 2018
Hello, I'm inviting you to join me here. Episodes will be posted daily.

HRHQueenPhil, sirblero, Ashiat39, MichaelBlake40, cyndy1000, uchihaclassiq, YINKS89, Aaaalexxx, SMARTgurUxxxxxxx, kakakoshina, Dessydemmy, hpymoment, Divepen1, Legendbeloved, Hayerh30, HayerhEmpresFIDEL30, SOPIGO, IAmXcessiz, Fshalom7,

DebbieAce , holahmihdeh
, Toluate, Mobecs , spending , ayosamlove
, EbonyQueen001 , KpagoGIN ,
Alexander15 , Tife101 , titanic1 ,
Drunkinlove , Eezohbae, Rollins777 ,
DimFemmy , itsmaoaom , Extremelygifted ,
WHIZKIDEFE , akpamma , yettielicious ,
Muzzbaba , dryakson , oluwatodimu1 ( m ), skubido
, Niwdog ( m ), stebam ( m ), Yemluvkid ,
kay29000 ( m ), menace001 , djpriopry
toyine1 , ViktorG , charityomojo ,
esOGUN , IamPopular

2 Likes

Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 12:05am On Mar 31, 2018
MAD IN LOVE EPISODE 1

I hurriedly packed my big hand bag, a pair of jeans, two body tops and a black blouse. Adding a container of my lotion, my perfume, roll on and my make up kit, well just in case I needed to do my face, funerals for modern days, you can never tell. The make up kit might come in handy.

I placed my bag in the back seat of my car and walked back inside. I just forgot to park a pair of shoes. All I needed was a pair of pumps and slippers.

” You are going for two days only Jennifer!” I scolded myself as l checked around if I left anything. I sighed recalling I needed to carry something to cover myself with in the night. Knowing my aunty would not have enough to give every relatives some beddings at the funeral, I couldn’t risk going to get myself squeesed in someone’s covers lest it got cold.

” Well that’s it!” I murmered to myself looking at myself in the mirrow. I wore a black body top with black leggings, knowing I will throw over my chitenge when I got to Kabwe. My hair was covered in a gray headsock.

Locking the door to my house, I got in my car and started the engine almost immediately.

Probably wondering who this busy body is?, Well am Jennifer Makasa, a single woman aged 26, working as a banker in Lusaka at NATSAVE bank.

I received a call that the brother to my aunty(Ex wife to my uncle, the young brother to my mother) died the previous day. Having grown up close to my aunty, it mattered less that she and my uncle were no longer together, I needed to be there for her and having a weekend ahead, I knew I could use it to be there.

I knew the man who died, I saw him as I grew up though he never visited my aunty more often. His wife was a good woman and good with hair plaiting, I knew cause I always went to have my hair done before I completed my course.

As I joined Cairo road, driving from my home in Makeni Villa, I fastened the seat belt and raised my head high to have a clear view of the road ahead. It was around 7 in the morning so being a Saturday, the road was not conjested yet.

Increasing the speed as I passed Kabwe round about I let my mind wild off as the slow tracks I was playing in the car got to my ears soothing the emptiness that I was feeling.

” lt’.s not what you think babe” came the voice of my ex boyfriend pushing through the serenity that the songs were bringing to my heart.

My perfect boyfriend, who I thought was the man I would settle with even if I never loved him much, broke my heart by getting intimate and making out in my own house with my best friend.

I had walked in announced one afternoon after getting a sick leave from work. Daniel had come to visit me all the way from Choma where he was working from and he was going to stay for a week. Which actually prompted me to fake an illness and sign for some days off.

I was rushing home to give my sweet boyfriend the news just to open the door and blessing my eyes with a scene of my Daniel pushing himself into my friend Chola as they both moarned in pleasure.

” What the hell!” I shouted dropping my hand bag and the sick note I was holding to show to Daniel.

They both startled standing up as Daniel looked at me his face still filled with his unfinished business.

My friend just bow her head I wondered what she was feeling, definitely not shame, cause I had assumed a person with a sense of shame wouldn’t bang her best friend’s man especially in her own house.

” Jen, babe it’s not what you think ” Daniel stood before me trying to hold my hand.

” And what is it that you think, l am thinking?” I asked pushing his hand away from mine.

He stammered lost for words, I couldn’t make out anything from the whisper that came from his large lips.

” Get out of my house both of you!” I snored angrily.

” Get out! ” I shouted further pushing back the tears that formed in my eyes, even though it was too late as I felt their warmth run down my well made up face.

” Let’s talk about this babe, please. I was just ….”

” Dan!” I cut him short raising my hands.

” I swear to God if l come back here to find both of you still here, believe me I am willing to serve a sentence whilst you rot in hell!” I snapped and pushed him aside making passage for myself as I walked to my bedroom.

I heard Chola talk in a low voice tone and my heart pumped faster with the feel of her betrayal.

A few minutes later I heard Dan’s car engine revving and I quickly grabbed his small laptop bag putting all his small things inside and rushed out before he could drive away.

” Take your cursed things you jerk! And never come back to my house again!” I shouted throwing the bag at him and not minding the cracking of the laptop which was inside.

” As for you” I said pointing my finger at my best friend.” You will surely have a taste of what you have done to me!” I told her off and didn’t wait to hear her response as I ran back inside locking my door like I was scared they might come back.

“Peeeeeeep eeeeeeep!” Came the sound of a vehicle behind me bringing me back to my senses. I didn’t realise the traffic lights had indicated green.

I sighed stepping away from the brakes as l drove on. ” They are not worthy my tears!” I whispered to myself and wiped the tears from my face.

After all I had been a single woman for over 3 months and even though I missed being with both of them, I had decided to move on without them.

The 2 hours drive to Kabwe came to an end and as I parked my car by the road side, outside the funeral house, I saw a few faces turn my way.

I composed myself getting my Chitenge and wrapped it around my waist before stepping out.

The voice of my aunty calling out my name as I got to the entrance made me remember the tradition of wailing as one visited a funeral house especially that I was considered family.

” Oh my God! Uncle mwayaaa!” I yelled out feeling off as I didn’t feel that much pain Inside myself.

The others welcomed me with their crying and after some minutes it was silent and I could hear people’s voices talking and laughing.

” Well, I whispered in my head. Some funerals are funny huh, a minute ago people were wailing and now they go on discussing some issues like they were in a market place.”

” How was your journey? ” aunty asked making me realise I had gone off again.

” lt was okey aunty, it’s sad uncle is gone I was devastated when I received your call yesterday” I whispered sadly and she went on explaining what happened to him.

Later that night a group of people came and sung some funeral songs. They didn’t come from church though, I was told they were a group of drunks who sung at every funeral in the compound for a reward of Nshima.

I went to sit outside with my aunty and other women as we listened to the songs and people laughing. Then something caught my attention.

A man clad in some covers with PF labels sat silently in the corner near the men’s fireplace.

A plate of Nshima on the ground as he ate slowly.

” Who is he?” I asked my aunty and she looked at the direction my finger was going to..

” Who? ” she giggled

” That man there?” I asked knowing she knew who I meant.

” Oh that man is not well, he is a mad man that goes round and settles wherever there is a funeral and he never leaves unless after burial” she explained

” Oh sad” I sighed honestly feeling bad for him even if I couldn’t see his face.

” l wonder what happened to him to get like that” I said not to anyone in particular..

” never mind abalumendo banomba ifyakuchitachita ( young men of this era are fond of issues” my aunty responded and I murmered casually.

“I think I need to sleep now, l feel tired” I announced and my aunty showed me a reserved space for me.

As I closed my eyes to allow sleep take me over I couldn’t stop thinking of the blurred image of the mad man outside. I started wondering how he was feeling being in his condition. ” Does he feel cold, does he feel any kind of emotion?” I asked myself a series of questions until I felt sleep drowning me as I allowed my body to rest amid the noise around.

To be continued

© Tisa Phiri

All Rights reserved.

Source: www.youngicee.com

6 Likes

Re: Mad In Love by skubido(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2018
Oyinprince:

HRHQueenPhil, sirblero, Ashiat39, MichaelBlake40, cyndy1000, uchihaclassiq, YINKS89, Aaaalexxx, SMARTgurUxxxxxxx, kakakoshina, Dessydemmy, hpymoment, Divepen1, Legendbeloved, Hayerh30, HayerhEmpresFIDEL30, SOPIGO, IAmXcessiz, Fshalom7,

DebbieAce , holahmihdeh
esOGUN , IamPopular

present baba,, tanks a lot 4d Mention..

oya mo dey go.. Sitting tinz.. Jah bless

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by skubido(m): 7:38am On Mar 31, 2018
As will are starting d journey nao,, GOD we c us 2ru. All hindrance on d way GOD we take it away IJN.
Re: Mad In Love by YINKS89(m): 7:45am On Mar 31, 2018
I juz arrived in ma g wagon..... Nice story boss thumbs up.
Re: Mad In Love by cyndy1000(f): 8:33am On Mar 31, 2018
Oyinprince:

DebbieAce , holahmihdeh
esOGUN , IamPopular

Am sitted already thanks for the mention. hope more updates are coming
Re: Mad In Love by queenitee(f): 5:49pm On Mar 31, 2018
I'm here
Re: Mad In Love by Meekdon: 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
i deh here gidigba smiley
Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 7:33am On Apr 01, 2018
MAD IN LOVE EPISODE 2
I kept my eyes on him. He was so quiet and peaceful it pricked my heart. " how can a man so handsome, with a long light face and a pointed nose, be mad? " I asked myself folding my hands as I sat directly facing him.
He was slowly eating his morning Nshima and my eyes went down his hands. " oh My," the long clean and sharp nails on his fingers caught my attention. He slowly and gently rolled the lamp of Nshima in his palms. It was like he was some kind of perfectionist.
One would tell from the skin tone that even in his madness he still bathed his body. If not for the additional clothes he had put on and the chitenge pieces wrapped around him, one would surely think the man was okey.
" Jennifer!" My cousin called me.
" I think we better start off now, the busses are here and people are boarding." She informed me and I stood up sighing.
" of course. But I will use my car, let aunty and the other 3 elderly people come join me " I responded adjusting my Chitenge as I walked to the car.
Taking one more glance in my back to see the man again and walking fast to the vehicle.
As they lowered the cascate in the grave, the reminder thoughts of my dead parents clicked and I shed tears.
I had grown up from different homes after my parents passed on years back, and sometimes I missed them. Especially with the funeral I was attending, it was unavoidable to think of my parents.
For a moment my thoughts were taken away from the man I left eating at home. " The Lord had given, and now he has taken, we can not question him for he is God. Let us just pray that the soul of our beloved son, Brother and friend may be in the hands of the almighty God" the man who was helping with the prayers spoke up.
I watched in silence as the people added some flowers on the grave and later on it was all over.
I needed to go back to Lusaka, Monday was to be a working day. So when we got back home I put all my things in the car and waited for the conclusions of the funeral after lunch.
I looked around for the mad man with my eyes. My heart skipped when I couldn't see him anywhere.
" hey aunty. Has that man left?" I asked my aunty.
She let a laugh and looked at me." That man must have affected you so much"
" I know right" I shrugged casually. " it's just that I can't help feel this deep concern about him. It's like I knew him before he got like that " I told her her with sincerity.
" he has moved, I think he is in the back" she finally told me and I felt myself relax a bit.
" so anyone knows who that man is?" I asked again this time causing the other woman who was nearby look up at me.
" rumor has it he was okey, like he went to the University and found a good Job here in Kabwe. I don't really know if the rumor of him sleeping with a widow is true. People say he came from Lusaka."
" I see" i nodded my head narrowing my eyes.
" what's his name Aunty? " I asked the lady
" They he is Ba Benja. But one can never tell for sure. A lot of people just refer to him as Ba bwali because of the Nshima quantity he's able to consume in a meal" she responded with a chuckle.
My mind started imagining what the man was like before, I thought of the possibility of him having a family but I still wondered why they let him wonder around instead of taking him to the hospital or something just to help him.
Before saying my farewells, I walked to the back where the man was now seated quietly he was dozing off.
I stood before him seeing no one was paying attention, except my cousin who stood with me. I looked at the man from his torn shoes up to his half covered face. The silkness of his black beards driving my desire to feel them in my hands. I analysed the curves of his mouth and eyes. " he's so perfect" I whispered not knowing I had said it loudly.
" what?" My cousin asked patting my hand.
" Ba Jen, what did you say?" She accused her eyes already displaying the laugher that was to come from her mouth.
" I said I pity him" i lied clearing my throat.
" what's your name?" I asked the man not sure if he understood Bemba.
I was taken by surptise when he lifted his white eyes at me. His lips curved into a smile and he answered with a laugh that was so low but audible... " my name is Benjamin" he smiled amid his laugh making my inside turn with joy at the sound of his voice. He spoke what I thought was perfect english. Maybe the theory of the University had some truth to it, I wondered.
I wanted to ask him more but the attention of people around now made me realise I was acting up.
I felt some wetness in my eyes and I knew standing there any more minute, would make people think I was not so normal. I composed myself and walked to my car.
After my cousin requested for some money which I couldn't hear as to how much she was mentioning or the purpose of the money.
I just nodded my head and smiled at her as I started the engine.
" will see what i can do my dear" i added and the car was now moving away slowly.
The journey back was not so much as I had planned it to be. Instead of me thinking of what I would do the following day at work or looking forward to watching my favourite TV show, all I kept on thinking was the mad man Benjamin.
" what is wrong with you silly!" I scolded myself after I got home and now was standing in front of the mirrow in my bathroom. " you are surely not well and this nonsense has to come to an end!" I whsipered loudly.
It didn't make sense to me that I was feeling so affected by a mad person, it's not like it was the first time i heard or saw a mad person. I didn't get myself and the feeling was so frustrating I failed to do anything reasonable that evening.
I tried to organise my clothes for Monday, sitting in front of the TV but every chance my mind took off and the images of Benjamimn flipped through.
" oh my God what is wrong with me?" I screamed in the couch pillow. I guessed the loniless I was going through contributed so i called a friend from work.
We weren't that close but atleast he kept me company at lunch hours and sometimes weekends.
" hey Kegan!" I said trying to sound excited.
" Hey! Girly! " he responded as he always did.
" you back? " he asked before I could say another word.
" yeah. Was wondering if you have anything planned out for this evening, am bored to the core."
" provided you settle the bills am all yours!" He laughed
" grow up man, you are a man and supposed to spent, you are shameless" I teased and I heard him go on his theories of women spending too on outings and how women always applied gender when things were in their favour.
" alright it's fine the bill is on me. We meet at Makeni mall?" I inquired as I removed my clothes to take a shower.
" see you!" He cut the line and i threw the phone on the bed pulling my leg from the jeans.
Within 30 minutes I was done preparing myslef. Wearing a s pair of faded jeans and a wood on top, I finished up with some canvas, my face plain with only some lip gloss on my lips. satisfied with my tomb boy looks, I walked out to the car speeding off.
Upon seeing me park my car in the parking lot, Kegan walked towards me raising his hands and shouting on top of his voice.
" the buyer is here!" He screamed and I smiled at him as I locked the car door.
"You are such a child, Kegan grow up you are 28 years old !" I laughed making him make some boy dance as his hands kept in the pockets.
" I can father a child and I have told you time and again, don't judge a book by its cover " he laughed wincing at me.
" mnmmm I pity the chicks you lay with" I shook my head as we walked to the mall.
" so how did the funeral go?" He asked as we waited for our pizza at Debonairs.
" good, quiet captivating if I may add" I said with a flirt smile which I didn't notice until I saw kegan raise his eyes at me.
" tell me more!" He sat up with a silly smile on his lips.
" what!" I giggled. " you are silly, you want to hear the details of a funeral are you nuts?" I looked at him.
" mmmhmhm no you my friend met a man and i can feel you" he teased mimicking my voice.
" the way that word 'captivating' came out, I know there's a name to it. So drop the act and fill me in on this dude" he shrugged putting the bottle of coke aside as the waiter placed the pizza box on our table.
I took my fruitrree and drunk half of it trying to swallow the shame that came with my thoughts.
" how can i be so stupid" I spoke to my mind.
" no there is no man Kegan. Come on, I just went for a day and you expect me to find that interesting man. Besides I told you am off dating for now. You men tend to be jerks most of the times and am not ready to spend another period of my life crying over some jerk." I remarked and saw Kegan grinn.
" any way I will wait till the day you will spill it out. You can't lie to me Jen, you know I know almost everything about you" he pointed out and grabbed a piece of pizza taking a bite.
" now this is life " he smiled chewing on the pizza.
I looked at him, " if only you knew who is gotten me this crazy " I smiled at the thought and pulled myself a piece shoving it in my mouth as though a big bite would clear all my unrational thoughts.

To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read the remaining episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/mad-in-love

4 Likes

Re: Mad In Love by kakakoshina(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
Oyinprince:

DebbieAce , holahmihdeh
esOGUN , IamPopular

here I come!!! I beg shift make breed blow me Biko!!! nagode mutunmima.

2 Likes

Re: Mad In Love by EbonyQueen001(f): 11:52pm On Apr 01, 2018
Right behind you, thanks for the mention.

Popcorn seller, oya show, drink don set, this ogbonge cinema don start.

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:08am On Apr 02, 2018
I deliberately refused to read this story on your blog because of Tarasha suspension ... I'll give it a try here because I know Today Phiri is good...
Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2018
EbonyQueen001:
Right behind you, thanks for the mention.

Popcorn seller, oya show, drink don set, this ogbonge cinema don start.
kakakoshina:

here I come!!! I beg shift make breed blow me Biko!!! nagode mutunmima.
EkopSparoAyara:
I deliberately refused to read this story on your blog because of Tarasha suspension ... I'll give it a try here because I know Today Phiri is good...
Welcome guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2018
MAD IN LOVE EPISODE 3

I paced around my sitting room, I couldn't sit down. I just came up with a stupid idea and the very thought of it scared me, I could feel my heart pumping fast.
I patted my thighs direct on my skin as I had worn a very short tight indoor black shirt. " Come on!" I shook my head trying to get the idea out of my mind.
It had been a month after l travelled to Kabwe but I never stopped thinking about Benjamin. How ironic, I even stopped referring to him as a mad man in my thoughts. I had created this fantasy of him being a normal man like any other hot guy I had seen before. Only that I felt so much drived by the thoughts of Benjamin.
I had called my aunty the previous day and she told me as we chatted that her neighbour and friend passed on.
Imagine I felt excited at the news. I knew going to the funeral for a person I didn't even know in the name of my aunty was absurd. But then l recalled the voice of aunty." He goes round settling wherever thére's a funeral"
An idea had popped up my head and I was so scared at it that I couldn't calm down. Knowing what I wanted to do was going to be considered madness and probably other people would think I wanted to start rituals or something out of this world.
Before I could talk myself out of it, I walked to the bed room and grabbed my hand bag. I was going to travel to Kabwe and there was no stopping myself.
The entire month had been hectic making me lose control of what I was supposed to do at work. " Well it's better to act than live with the torment of these thoughts" I comforted myself as I pulled my Allion from the yard.
" Aunty, am on my way but will leave tonight. I just want to bring the money for Carol (my cousin) she has been pestering me but I couldn't send it over. I have missed you too" I told my aunty on the phone as I pushed my fingers in my kink hair. I was supposed to have it braided but the sudden trip disturbed all my programs.
" You will find us Jen. Am just surprised you are visiting so soon. The way I know you, I was thinking of another 6 months before you showed up here" she went on.
" Well, guess I have heard all the cancel from elders huh " I teased and pushed my leg to acceralate the car.
By the time I was getting to Kabwe it was past 14 hours in the afternoon. I passed through shoprite and picked some groceries for them. Luck them then, I was loaded, I just got my salary the previous day, with the bonus I got , well, I could spare something on family.
The welcome was great as usual and after a lot of chatting and catching up I asked my aunty if we could go and visit the funeral house. Definitely my inner intentions were to go and check on Benjamin, but I dared not to mention him.
With the way I acted up, trying to talk about him again would cause people to think otherwise of me. So I pretended I didn't recall anything about the man.
We got to funeral house and I almost jumped with joy upon seeing Ba Benjamin seated on a stool in the corner. He was as always, quiet and covered in his load of clothes.
I felt myself panick inside when the reason for my travel rushed through my mind. I looked around the place , a few people seated around. All the time as we sat in the funeral house all I could think of was my plan.
At exactly 18 hours I said my good byes giving an excuse I had to go back to Lusaka. I drove away and reached town parking my car by Shoprite in Kabwe town.
I asked the taxi driver I had booked to take me to the funeral house. " What's your name ?" I asked him breaking the silence in the car as he drove me.
" Mwiche" he answered obviously surprised I was asking his name.
" Listen I have something important I need you to do for me then I will pay you handsomely. " l told him with a calm face.
He turned to look at me, " what do you want me to do?" He asked, evidently intrested in making some extra cash.
" I am not going to the funeral per say, I am going to get my brother who Is not well. Now am ashamed of reaching there cause I don't even know the person who died. Am asking if you can help me get a man who is not mentally okey from that place for a reward of K200" I made my offer and now the man looked more puzzled.
" What?" He spoke loudly.
" A mad man?" He asked
" Hmmhm!" I murmered nodding my head.
" All I want is for you to go and find a way of getting him out of that place to this car then you will drive us back to town" I went on explaining.
" Well, I don't know mam. Mad men are not easy to convince. How do I even get him to come with me?" He shrugged.
" K500!" I increased the offer and I saw his face light up.
" Seriously? " He asked.
" Get me my brother and K500 plus whatever I owe you for booking will be all yours" I shook my shoulders smiling widely.
I went through the details of what he was to say and do as we got closer.
" Don't say anything about me, l can't have people thinking of me as a sister to a mad man, you know how it is " I shrugged again.
" Don't worry sister, I got this" the taxi driver smiled as he got out of the car.
I had him park a few meters away from the funeral house. I sat up anxiously as he walked away.
After 10 minutes I was almost giving up on him succeeding. " Oh my God let this work!" I said a little prayer running my hands in my Kink hair which was my habit whenever I was nervous or feeling stupid. Right at the moment I had no idea which of the two caused the habit to come out.
I was lost in my struggle when I heard the taxi drivers voice.
He was walking ahead, as Benjamin walked slowly behind him. Now I could see his full height. He had a good height I noticed and stayed down as the driver opened the back door for him.
He closed it back and walked up front.
" Well, thank you" I looked at him.
" lt was really hard getting him out of there. You have no idea what I had to do" he responded
" Spare me the details," l smiled at him as he put the keys in the ignition.
I looked back at Benjamin and he was so quiet it scared me. " Hey Benjamin!" I tried to smile at him but he raised his white round eyes at me then back at his finger nails.
" Am taking you to a nice place where you will get help" I told him not sure he even heard me.
Upon reaching town. I had the driver help me take him to my car and after paying him off, I turned back at Benjamin who was now murmuring something and by the second he was getting louder.
Well thanks to Google I got a seductive before I went to Kabwe. I knew it wouldn't be easy carrying a mad man in the back of the car.
Well, after giving him a dose of an injection I saw him calm down and I slowly helped him lay down in the back seat. Satisfied he looked comfortable I pulled out his chitenge covers and left him with a loose T-shirt inside.
Wondering if I didn't feel the scent from his clothes? Well, lets just say nothing else mattered at the moment but to take him with me.
I threw the covers in the trunk and drove out of town. I didn't know what I was really going to do with him yet, but I had a good feeling in my bones. Call me a mad woman or crazy, I felt I was doing just right..

To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read more episodes of the story here - www.youngicee.com/category/mad-in-love

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by skubido(m): 3:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hmmm, na wa oo. Ride on bro
Re: Mad In Love by Oyinprince(m): 9:26am On Apr 03, 2018
MAD IN LOVE EPISODE 4

Benjamin! Hey!" I patted his hand. We had arrived at my house at half past 21, for some reason I was taking my time driving back home.
Benjamin shifted slightly in the seat. " come on inside" I spoke calmly pulling his hand up. He stared at me his eyes weak. I could bet the effect of the sedutive was still working. Pulling him up, he slowly stood and I pushed the door behind him not letting go of his hand.
The first thing I did after leaving him seated in my couch was to cook some Nshima for him. I warned the left over chicken and vegetables from the refrigerator as well.
As I placed the food in front of him, his facial expression changed. He smiled and muttered something, he wanted to start eating without washing his hands but l held his it..
" From now on, you wash your hands before eating" I instructed like l was telling a small child.
I watched him in silence as he ate, with him taking his time. I couldn't help smile at his gentleness in eating. He chewed softly and steadily without making a slight mess of the plates he was eating from.
After what seemed like forever, he finished the 6 lamps that had put for him. " Come on now, you need to wash your hands" I smiled holding his hands in a basin.
" Who are you? " he whispered his face close to mine as I was bending pouring water from a jar to his hands.
I smiled at his soft voice. What marvelled me more was the fact that he spoke to me in English.
" My name is Jennifer!" I exclaimed happily. " Am your friend Benjamin and I promise to take good care of you. I just feel something is great about you and that you can be more than who you have become" I said sadly rubbing his hands as I washed them.
" I will see how we both can find a way to get you better even if I have no idea what way for now" l added taking time to say the words and he kept his eyes on me like I was crazy.
I was almost opening my mouth to say something, when he bursted out laughing. Startling, I sat up and placed the jag aside now staring at him for a while. For a moment I thought he was teasing me or something, but then I realised his condition and I sat back sadly.
I felt some tears rush in my eyes and I let them drop freely. " What was I thinking?" I asked myself sniffing.
" How am I going to live with this man in my house? He's a total stranger and the worst thing is he is a mad man" I whispered to myself not minding him as he kept chuckling and smiling at nothing in particular.
" Well, Jennifer deal with It!" My inner voice screamed at me. " I told you this was a crazy idea but here you are now. You wanted a mad man so this is it" the voice went on making me shed tears as l kept my eyes at the smiling Benjamin.
" I want water!" He shouted loudly. " Yeah, of course" I shrugged wiping the tears and pouring him some water.
He shook his head and pointed at the container." Mmmn I see, a container it is" I let a laugh.
He gulped the water rapidly and in an instant half of the water bottle was gone. He placed it down slowly and sat back rubbing his fingers.
I turned on the TV in front of us and he kept looking at the screen but it was clear he wasn't seeing nor understanding a thing. If he was, I couldn't be certain.
I was taken by the movie, coming to America and didn't realise he had dozed off. I patted his leg gently to ask him to go to bed and I was shocked when he sat up abruptly pushing away my hand. His facial expression changed into that of an angry man. But he said no words.
For a moment I shook with fear. I started imaging what would happen if he strangled me to death. I would have no one to blame but myself.
I let him lay back down and I slowly switched off the TV and the lamp, after placing a thin blanket on him.
I watched him in the dark for a couple of minutes. " I pray God will help us both. I am not sure who is mad between the two of us. But am not going back. I started this and am gonna see it to the end" I talked to myself and stood straight up walking to my room.
I made sure I locked the door, so stupid huh, now I was worried of what he might do to me in the night which I didn't think of before going on a mad errand to go and kidnap a mad man.
The following morning I woke up so early and found him still fast asleep.
I took the chance and gave him another sedutive. Stripped him off his clothes and with all the energy in my body, pulled his sleepy form to the bath tab.
I sat in the tab and opened some warm water, using the sprinkler tap I washed his head and went down his back and chest.
I smiled swallowing hard when my eyes set on his manhood." All my!" I let a small scream and like to shock me more I saw it raise up and some urine pushed out of him, turning it into a perfect shape.
Instead of feeling disgusted, I placed my thighs tight together calming my woman down. Feeling guilty when his weak eyes looked up my silly face.
" Concentrate!" I scolded myself as I went back to scrubbing his body. Still marvelled at his smooth light skin. Now that the dirty was coming out, I could bet his skin was glowing under the water as it flowed down his body.
I had no reservations, I had made it a mission to clean him up so I went for the scissors and started cutting his hair, which was always hidden in a sock and covers. After which I shaved his arm pits and private parts.
By the time I was done shaving him, he looked different I felt proud of my work. I washed him once again and pulled him up making sure all the hair was washed out.
Now he stood straight his naked body like that of a man in a soap advert. He muttered some words as I rubbed lotion on his body.
" I need to get you men's lotion and washing liquid" I spoke loudly. After pulling my big Tshirt on him and my track bottom which only reached his middle leg I made him sit down in the couch and took a few photos of him like I did before I bathed him. I had to take some photos just in case one day, I would need to show them to him. Not that I was looking for any praise or something. I just needed the evidence I had taken him from somewhere impossible.
After I was done saving him his favourite dish, I sat down feeling tired. I looked at the wall clock and it showed a few minutes past 10 am.
I left him eating and took a bath myself, settling for a jumper and pamps.
I shook my head when l walked out just to find, Benjamin sleeping on the couch his hands still covered in cramps. " Well, I hope we will one day work on washing hands" I murmered to myself as I washed his hands.
The ringing of my phone brought me up and I quickly picked it.
" Hey girly!" Responded Kegan immediately I picked the call.
" Yes man! What's up?" I sighed placing the dishes in the sink.
" What time are you coming?" He asked
" Coming?" I inquired surprised.
" Yes coming, don't tell me you have forgotten today is my birthday and am having a party this evening! " He shouted obviously disappointed I had forgotten.
" I was just kidding silly, how can l forget " I lied thrusting my finger in my hair.
" Am coming definitely" l added looking down at Benjamin and thinking of how I was going to be doing it. Leaving him alone in the house didn't seem a good idea and now that I thought of it. It was like I was going to be my own prisoner.
My movements would be affected. The thought of taking him to Chainama came, but then what was I going to tell them?. I hardly knew him and the fact that I just kidnapped him worsened the situation.
" Oh my God! " I sighed sitting down after cutting Kegan's call. I had to find a solution to that problem.
" Yes!" I exclaimed recalling I had an old friend working at Chainama hospital . I had to give it a short even if we were not in good terms, she was my only hope of helping my Benjamin.
I looked at the watch once again, " if I can go now, then pass through Manda Hill to get Kegan a gift, then I would make it back in time to prepare for the party" I talked to myself and started acting by walking to my room and grabbing my hand bag.
I walked to the door and stopped recalling I had to make sure Benjamin was okey when he works up.
I gave him another dose of sedutive, which I knew would take almost 3 hours to ware off. I placed the Nshima I left in the pot on the table besides him and walked out ensuring the door was locked.
" What a surprise!" Exclaimed Hellen upon seeing me.
" Yeah I know right? It's been years my dear, how are You?" I acted up trying to pretend she was a good friend of mine.
" How is the man you grabbed from me?" She asked sarcastically. The main reason we were not in good pages. The girl couldn't get over the fact that Daniel choose me over her years back. We were friends from high school but after Daniel flirt a bit with her he settled for me and she was mad.
" Well, you were saved the heart ach my friend, Daniel is a jerk I shouldn't have agreed to his proposal years ago" I shrugged trying to act cool with her sarcasm.
She laughed loudly making me loose my patience, but I needed her so I played a fool.
" Anyway, so what made you recall I still exist?" She made a face taking in my attire. I knew Hellen always hated my curves and my ability to blend some clothe colours, which was a challenge for her even after getting herself a rich husband, who showered her with cash. My simplicity, and uniqueness couldn't match up her expensive but unmatched choices.
" Well, I missed you and I realise it has been long, besides why fight over that Daniel when we both have moved on right?" I giggled looking at her across the shining table between us. Thanks to her Doctor husband, she got herself a position of nurse in charge and she was practically boasting with her domination in that office.
" spit it out Jen, I know you" she smiled mockingly.
" Okey, you caught me." I smiled sheepishly.
" I need your help and am willing to pay you."
" Mmnmmm now it happens I am in need of money" she responded making a face of disgust.
" Oh no don't get me wrong my dear. The thing is am desperate. My friend is not well. They are saying he's developing a mental problem."
" So ?" She cut me before I could finish my explanation.
" Bring him to the hospital and some doctors will diagnose him" she went on.
" That's the problem. I can't " I sighed sadly.
His family has refused to let him out of the house, so I can't help him and am here to ask if you can help me with the medication for mental patients to give to him. I can be taking the drugs to him every day and am sure he can be fine" I explained trying to sound as genuine as possible.
" No am sorry, it doesn't work like that, the doctors need to see him and then administer some medication for him. They all don't get the same medicine. So please if you want to help that your boyfriend, then lower your ego and bring him to the right place " she answered with a bit of harshness and I felt my temper raise.
" Please!,"l begged but she shook her head.
" Am sorry Jen and now if you don't mind am leaving to go and check on the patients" she stood up.
" You b*th! I cursed inside looking at her poorly done extension. I felt like taking my anger out on her but I needed to stay calm.
" Well thank you for nothing!" I answered as we walked out.
Without answering she walked away leaving her office door slightly open. I pretended to be walking away and when I looked both directions , I ran back to her office and pushed the door slowly entering.
Straight away I went to the small cabinet with some drug packs. My hands trembling as I grabbed a hand full placing the medicines in my hand bag.
I got 3 of every type not knowing which one l would need. Satisfied I had enough I ran out and peeped on both sides of the veranda before walking out and composing myself.
" Am sorry God, I had to" I whispered as I walked to the car park to get my car.
Passing through Manda Hill, I got Kegan a gift and went on a quick shoping for Benjamin's clothes and lotion.
I got back home 2 hours later, and found him still sleeping making some soft sounds.
I sat down and went on googling the names of the drugs I had and their use. I had to get to work on his healing and there was no way I was going to rest till I achieved that.
"If it meant going to steal from Hellen, so be it" I shrugged as I waited for the results to load.

To be continued...
©Tisa Phiri
All Rights Reserved.

Read more episodes here - www.youngicee.com/category/mad-in-love

2 Likes

Re: Mad In Love by divasplash(f): 9:36am On Apr 03, 2018
I love this...give me more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mad In Love by izaray(f): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2018
Wow.. So interesting, pls come and finish ur story biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mad In Love by Buktol(f): 10:01am On Apr 03, 2018
Buktol...uote author=skubido post=66304652]

present baba,, tanks a lot 4d Mention..

oya mo dey go.. Sitting tinz.. Jah bless

[/quote]
Re: Mad In Love by bimberry1307(f): 10:55am On Apr 03, 2018
This is rare. I'm loving this already. oyinprince, thanks for NOT mentioning me, I'm here anyways.
Re: Mad In Love by Baberty007: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2018
Episode 5 asap

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by skubido(m): 11:29am On Apr 03, 2018
Tanks a lot 4d update... Love sha, ok oo

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by torvickof1312(m): 11:31am On Apr 03, 2018
It’s really madness. MAD IN LOVE.

Episote 5 loading ................

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by WHOcarex: 11:40am On Apr 03, 2018
OK na. Leggo

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by labelle123(f): 11:51am On Apr 03, 2018
This kind love na serious love nwa tinti Ride on and more ink to your pen
Re: Mad In Love by labelle123(f): 11:52am On Apr 03, 2018
This kind love na serious love nwa tinti Ride on and more ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by holuwajaytee(m): 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2018
Update

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by frankiemorasky7(m): 3:13pm On Apr 03, 2018
Guy u ar blessed already with this rare Gift of written... please do well to update us.

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by chidiogojessy(f): 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2018
more please

1 Like

Re: Mad In Love by Cmyname(m): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nice story. Lady must have been a good writer.

I like her stories.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mad In Love by EbonyQueen001(f): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2018
Good work Oyin Prince.
Do watch your spelling and in put appropriately.
For example, in place of "sedation", you wrote "seduction".
This is just one of many notable errors there.
I will be back.
Good work still.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

English Grammar Lesson / The Adjacent. A Crime Thriller / List Your Top Five Greatest Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.