Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Whatever Happened To Zain African Challenge - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Whatever Happened To Zain African Challenge (893 Views)

What Really Happened To Sosoliso Flight 1145 ? Air Crash Documentary. / What Happened To TSTV? / What Happened To TSTV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatever Happened To Zain African Challenge by adeniyi3971(m): 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
Formerly known as Celtel African Challenge, was a televised international academic quiz show featuring Africa’s top university students and watched by more than 200 million people across Africa., it provides grants to the 16 participating universities and to the students who represent the universities at the Zain Africa Challenge Championship Festival.

Universities who participate in the first around of the knockout competition receive US$5,000 and each player receives $500.
As the competition progresses the monetary and other grants increase:

Quater-final universities receive US$100,000 and each player receives $1,000

Semifinal universities receive US$1,500,000 and each player receives $1,000 plus $500 in educational materials

Therunner-up university receives US$2,500,000 and each player receives $1,000 plus $1,500 in educational materials
The champion university receives US$5,000,000 and each player receives $1,000 plus $3,500 in educational materials

In addition, players who teams sweep the Ultimate Challenge round in any televised match receive a US$500 per person bonus.

it started 2007 and ended 2010. The likes of OAU, UI, Futa, Uniabuja, UNN, Unilag, ABU Zaria once participated but only UI won from Nigeria.
Educative and informative Program.
I always dreamt of participating someday, but I guess the game was stopped when Zain was bought by Airtel!!

I wish any organization can just adopt the program and kick-start it once more! it's still better than having BBnaija.

what's your take guys??

cc lalasticlala cc Mynd44

Re: Whatever Happened To Zain African Challenge by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2018
The show wasn't yielding revenue couple with the fact that it's audience were few. So it might be difficult for any firm to sponsor such program
Re: Whatever Happened To Zain African Challenge by MorataFC: 11:38pm On Apr 01, 2018
OP, I don't think you are right with the figures.

Grand prize $5m?
Re: Whatever Happened To Zain African Challenge by adeniyi3971(m): 9:28am On Apr 28, 2018
MorataFC:
OP, I don't think you are right with the figures.

Grand prize $5m?

as gotten from their site!

(1) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Bambam Sits On Teddy A’s Mum As She Celebrates Birthday | Photos / Yul Edochie, Awi Micheal Others On The Set Of Seven Heads / Between TVC News And Channels TV Which Is The Most Watched & Reliable For News?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.