Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. (4280 Views)

Gear Problem / Accord 02 Baby Boy Gear Issues Suggestions / My 2003 Camry Automatic Gear Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by Damolux01(m): 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2018
Hi bosses...My car has a faulty gear. The reverse hardly works...At times, the 'D4' blinks while driving. Some mechanics said I shud buy a Manual gear instead of another Automatic. What's d difference...I mean in price and effectiveness. I would also like to know how much the power steering engine cost bc it's always hard even when it's filled with power steering oil. The engine is very good, it's an i4 engine and drives very fine. Thanks!
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by captainking(m): 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2018
Damolux01:
Hi bosses...My car has a faulty gear. The reverse hardly works...At times, the 'D4' blinks while driving. Some mechanics said I shud buy a Manual gear instead of another Automatic. What's d difference...I mean in price and effectiveness. I would also like to know how much the power steering engine cost bc it's always hard even when it's filled with power steering oil. The engine is very good, it's an i4 engine and drives very fine. Thanks!
Which gear oil do you use? Check your power steering oil container... Does the oil turn inside the container after driving for about 5 mins?? If it does then the power steering pump might still be good.. Ask your mecho to service it..or flush it.. And use p.steering oil on it.. .finanly.. For your gear.. Scan your car and post codes.. Note.. Don't listen to the mecho who said you should change your gear to manual.. Infact..change that mecho.. He dosent deserve to be your mecho... Just scan your car ..it might be a minor issue.. Maybe.. Gear switch or something else... Hope it helps.. Give feedback..

5 Likes

Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by Damolux01(m): 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2018
captainking:

Which gear oil do you use? Check your power steering oil container... Does the oil turn inside the container after driving for about 5 mins?? If it does then the power steering pump might still be good.. Ask your mecho to service it..or flush it.. And use p.steering oil on it.. .finanly.. For your gear.. Scan your car and post codes.. Note.. Don't listen to the mecho who said you should change your gear to manual.. Infact..change that mecho.. He dosent deserve to be your mecho... Just scan your car ..it might be a minor issue.. Maybe.. Gear switch or something else... Hope it helps.. Give feedback..
Thanks alot! Will get back to u sir.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by captainking(m): 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2018
Damolux01:
Thanks alot! Will get back to u sir.
allright bro
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by UceeGod: 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2018
Is the check engine light on your dashboard? If yes, I'll advise you check what is wrong with your transmission before doing anything on it
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by maxjax(m): 12:19am On Apr 02, 2018
Damolux01:

check the belt on the steering pump, seems loosed.
gear....I fink its the clutch fiber
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by Damolux01(m): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2018
maxjax:

Thanks bro! Which one is clutch fibre sir? The reverse gear doesn't work at times and even if it will. it takes time before it applies/enters. The D4 blinks at times when driving and when this happens...the gear doesn't select anymore. I most time will park it, off the engine, then start it again b4 it then stabilizes.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by Damolux01(m): 9:50am On Apr 02, 2018
UceeGod:
Is the check engine light on your dashboard? If yes, I'll advise you check what is wrong with your transmission before doing anything on it
Yes...there us check engine light. How do I check the problem with the transmission?
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by UceeGod: 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2018
Damolux01:
Yes...there us check engine light. How do I check the problem with the transmission?

The transmission (gear box) is part of the powertrain. Use any obdii scanner to read the code stored

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by Damolux01(m): 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
UceeGod:

The transmission (gear box) is part of the powertrain. Use any obdii scanner to read the code stored
Will try and get one. I can't seems to get any here..
I'm in a rural area for now.
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by pek(m): 8:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
First thing you will do is to delete the mech's number from your phone. Two, check the fluid level both before and after driving. If the fluid level is okay, then the gear bottom plate need to be loosened and washed.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by timifakay(m): 8:08am On Apr 03, 2018
maxjax:

Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa, Kingreign, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Princetom1, thebigkendo, come and learn diagnosis from Ogakazeem's prodigy oh.
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by kingreign(m): 9:30am On Apr 03, 2018
Damolux01:

Avoid that mecho. He's a psycho

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by banky3w(m): 6:48pm On Apr 05, 2018
maxjax:

Please change your mechanic and then do not, I repeat, do not forget to change this kind of advisers

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by captainking(m): 8:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
banky3w:

Please change your mechanic and then do not, I repeat, do not forget to change this kind of advisers
agreed and seconded..
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by dejol88: 1:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
Op please , how dod you resolve it? I am currently experiencing same issue.
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by abolore80(m): 9:41am On Mar 18, 2019
Change your gear switch. D4 will stop blinking. Issues solved.
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by Damolux01(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2019
dejol88:
Op please , how dod you resolve it? I am currently experiencing same issue.
Changed gear switch.
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:39am On Apr 14, 2019
timifakay:

Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, honmusa, Kingreign, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Princetom1, thebigkendo, come and learn diagnosis from Ogakazeem's prodigy oh.

hahahahahahaha.... change ke, kuku change country
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by LeJeun3: 8:41am On Apr 16, 2019

In the spirit of change!

Change car!!

Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by LeJeun3: 8:44am On Apr 16, 2019
Damolux01:
Changed gear switch.

The circuits around the transmission need to be checked, usually the gear switch is the problem, but the wires leading up to it could also have been culprit, as you live in a rural area rodents could have found a tasty meal from the wires.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by drmikeadams(m): 10:57am On Apr 16, 2019
Damolux01:
Changed gear switch.
how much u buy gear switch
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by Damolux01(m): 12:04pm On Apr 16, 2019
drmikeadams:
how much u buy gear switch
The guy bought it. I just gave him about 22,000 for everything.
Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by drmikeadams(m): 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
Damolux01:
The guy bought it. I just gave him about 22,000 for everything.
. Is this what's called the gear switch?

Re: Honda Accord Baby Boy Gear Problem. by Damolux01(m): 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
drmikeadams:
. Is this what's called the gear switch?
Something like that...not really sure sir. Wasnt really there when he did it. Just dropped it and went back for it.

(1) (Reply)

8 Cars You Won't See Anywhere Else In The World Except In Dubai / Earn 120k A Month, Need A Good Fuel Economy Car, Recommendation Please / Lagos To Ban Illegal Car Dealers From Jan. 1, 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.