Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,556 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

What Kind Of Fuel Does My Car Need? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Kind Of Fuel Does My Car Need? (916 Views)

Pls What Kind Of Business Can I Do With This Type Of Car / The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Fuel Does My Car Need? by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 6:03pm On Mar 31, 2018
WHAT KIND OF FUEL DOES MY CAR NEED?

It was quite heartbreaking earlier for me this week when I saw my clients S550 broken down. Further mechanical diagnosis points to the fact that the engine has knocked and will need to be rebuilt or changed outrightly. Changing the engine totally will cost 4 million Naira and rebuilding it will cost around 2.5 million. Engine knock occurs when the air/fuel mixture inside a cylinder is incorrect, which makes the fuel burn unevenly. One of the major causes of engine knocking is using a fuel with the wrong octane rating different from what your car manufacturer has recommended.

An octane rating or octane number is a standard measure of the performance of an engine. The higher the octane rating, the more compression the fuel can withstand before detonating. In clearer terms, fuels with high octane ratings are used in high-performance engines that require higher compression ratios.

In advanced climes, fuels with low octane ratings (87 RON) are referred to as regular gas while fuels with high octane ratings (91-94) are referred to as premium gas. The fuel currently sold in Nigeria is of octane rating 87. There is no premium gas sold anywhere in the country despite Nigeria being the 6th largest producer of crude oil worldwide. While the fuel sold in Nigeria is okay for most cars driven in the country, using such on a high-end luxury vehicle will over time destroy the engine.

In conclusion, knowing a manufacturer recommended fuel type should be the ultimate factor in purchasing a vehicle especially if you live in a country like Nigeria.

Chi spare parts is Nigeria's number one provider of quality auto parts. We supply them to you wherever you live so be sure to check us out.

https://chispareparts.com.ng/what-kind-of-fuel-does-my-car-need/

Re: What Kind Of Fuel Does My Car Need? by id4sho(m): 10:17pm On Apr 02, 2018
now I know, thanks so much.
Re: What Kind Of Fuel Does My Car Need? by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2018
id4sho:
now I know, thanks so much.
Thanks for reading.

(1) (Reply)

Okada Driver Spotted Using CD Caset As Side Mirror (photo / In Need Of Toyota Corolla L.E 2005 Or 2006 Model / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.