Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory (44168 Views)

First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades / Mind Blowing Proof That Sun And Moon Both Orbit Earth FLAT EARTH / "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by obafemee80(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwku5Alsi04&feature=push-fr&attr_tag=Jr3_tIN1BWFoq-JB-6

A man named "Mad” Mike Hughes has launched his homemade rocket into the sky, with him aboard, in an attempt to prove that the Earth is indeed as flat as a pancake.

The launch, which took place in the Mojave Desert in California sent Mad Mike 1,875 feet into the sky in his big green rocket. The rocket, labeled with “RESEARCH FLAT EARTH”, operated surprisingly smoothly given it was homemade and built on a very small budget.

The rocket was built using scrap metal and estimates indicate the final cost to be about $20,000. The launch pad itself was a modified mobile home, which Mad Mike spent months building for his upcoming rocket launch. After reaching 1,875 feet, the rocket successfully deployed its parachutes and glided back down to Earth.

The 61-year-old daredevil by background has taken to much-publicized rocket launches in the recent years. Thankfully, he was mostly uninjured after this latest attempt researching the supposed flat earth.

Beyond a bruised and achy back, it appears Mad Mike sustained no long-term injuries from the rocket launch.

As for proving the Earth is flat, Mad Mike says that will come later with larger rockets planned to launch him into space.

So as of now, Mad Mike is not convinced one way or another. He still believes the Earth is flat but wants to confirm with his own eyes. 

Credits Forbes And youtube

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by mumureloaded(m): 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
I don't know why this a news. a mad man performing his stunt and we are stunned, are we not all ........?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 01, 2018
What do you expect from somebody who is MADundecided

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
Flat earth nko Buhari niangry

6 Likes

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by NwaNimo1(m): 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2018
Enter any plane flying across the Sahara and you will see the earth is as flat as a pancake!

If it were round the plane would constantly be ascending/descending......

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
One word

mad

3 Likes

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by afam1992: 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
no problem. up next

1 Like

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by iDROID: 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by fk001(m): 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
One thing i like about white people is their "curiosity".

They will do anything to find something new.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by OLUWANISH0LA(m): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
He is very mad

2 Likes

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Engraced2020: 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
It can only be a whiteman wetin African wan go launch himself enter space for when our leaders don use hunger launch us already..

Wait! Why are you not reading my signature? Yes,
You

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by deepwater(f): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Joseunlimited(f): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
him don use indomie draw water for well

MAD MIKE

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by gcey2k(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
It should be obvious even to the uneducated that the earth is round.

Everything is in a cyclic manner...

Time, day and night, seasons etc...

This can't happen so perfectly in a flat rectangular configuration.

You would appreciate the roundness of the earth when you travel close to the poles, and experience long days with short nights and vice versa, depending on the season.

Don't waste your time Mr. 'Mad', you'll only end up proving what we already know, only your pride may not allow you to admit it.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Newboss(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hahahahahahahahahaha. angry angry

LMAO angry angry

LWKMD angry angry

OLODO! angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by damola1: 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
That is a great man

7 Likes

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by SleakBuzzPR: 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
Anthony Joshua Pockets N10.8billion For Defeating Parker

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by larrytorch(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
mad indeed

1 Like

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Dexmars(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
Passionate even in his presumed madness. He is living a fun filled and fulfilling life.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by OSUigbo: 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
He is a fool

Thank God for science and protestant churches, the 'church' would have continued to mislead us.

Giving us all those silly story books to read and tell us it was written OUT OF GOD'S INSPIRATION shocked

That's a fùcking big lie!

A true omnipotent and omnipresent God can't make mistakes with events and numbers as it is in those story books.
Example:

The flat earth stories...

The tower of BABEL

The moon is a light story

The earth is the center of universe stories

God created night and day stories

The sun and the moon rotates round the earth...
So many Bullshìts

Out of God's inspiration my ass.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by tim1256(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
I also need to confirm if I'm a Nigerian

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by nairaman66(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2018
Nice! His passion for science will take him places hopefully not his grave!! grin
Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Aldebaran(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
Joseunlimited:
him don use indomie draw water for well

WICKED grin

See description grin

1 Like

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Phoenix212(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
He is not mad.Everyone who had made tremendous contribution to humanity through science was once perceived to b mad. Though the world has gone this far(progress) working on the ideology that earth is elliptical so I don't really know how it will turn out if he is right.

On the other hand he spent less than 30,000 on a rocket.that is not even up to the amount of building the smallest part of a real rocket....

21 Likes

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by thedondada(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lol.

I like how you can do whatever you want to

3 Likes

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Caliphas55(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
white men will keep proving nonsense but in every nonsense there is a sense

2 Likes

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by lifestyle1(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Caliphas55(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2018
white men will keep proving nonsense but in every nonsense there is a sense

1 Like

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2018

What Edo State Flying Eagles people have been doing 100years back without a spacecraft

4 Likes

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by realmindz: 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
someone this intelligent believing in flat earth....theres something more about this I'll like to know

4 Likes

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by konvat: 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
hmn

1 Like

Re: Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory by misano(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2018
Frenzy007:
Obviously the man is MAD undecided

Why do U think D man is mad.... ?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. / Pictures From My Convocation At UNN Yesterday! / Killings: FG Warns Parents Against Sending Their Children To Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.