Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

N4million budget for masters abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / N4million budget for masters abroad (1717 Views)

Where Can #3.5m Take Me To For Masters Abroad / How Much Do I Have To Budget For Visa To These Countries? / Help!! Travel To Estonia Or Lithuania For Masters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

N4million budget for masters abroad by Thewizardof0zil: 8:26pm On Apr 01, 2018
Hello, good evening.

I graduated from a university in Nigeria with a 2.2 (Bsc. Computer Science). And want to pursue my masters in Central Europe , i tried UK but it’s quite expensive. Over N15million

The amount my parents budgeted is N4million, I don’t know if this is enough to cover my masters for one year.

Please I need help, I have the following countries in mind France, Germany, Holland, and Spain.

I’m looking for a country with a very good sports program, because I want to try and chase my football also.

Is it possible to get a good school where I can pursue my MSc. With my budget?
Re: N4million budget for masters abroad by Thewizardof0zil: 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2018
Help!!!
Re: N4million budget for masters abroad by Ggetter50: 6:37am On Apr 02, 2018
Thewizardof0zil:
Hello, good evening.

I graduated from a university in Nigeria with a 2.2 (Bsc. Computer Science). And want to pursue my masters in Central Europe , i tried UK but it’s quite expensive. Over N15million

The amount my parents budgeted is N4million, I don’t know if this is enough to cover my masters for one year.

Please I need help, I have the following countries in mind France, Germany, Holland, and Spain.

I’m looking for a country with a very good sports program, because I want to try and chase my football also.

Is it possible to get a good school where I can pursue my MSc. With my budget?
Go to German student Visa thread below to source out information about studying in Germany.
https://www.nairaland.com/3941544/general-german-student-visa-enquiries/325

8,700€ is the amount for a blocked account for one year which is roughly equivalent to N3.8m, based on current exchange rate. I think you should be able to secure admission if your grade point is above 2.9.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: N4million budget for masters abroad by Thewizardof0zil: 11:17am On Apr 02, 2018
Ggetter50:

Go to German student Visa thread below to source out information about studying in Germany.

8,700€ is the amount for a blocked account for one year which is roughly equivalent to N3.8m, based on current exchange rate. I think you should be able to secure admission if your grade point is above 2.9.

Good luck.

Yes my grade point is actually 3.2
But the 8,700€ Does it cover feeding, accommodation, health, tuition, transport ?
Re: N4million budget for masters abroad by Ggetter50: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
Thewizardof0zil:

Yes my grade point is actually 3.2
But the 8,700€ Does it cover feeding, accommodation, health, tuition, transport ?
€8,700 is a year living expenses (Accommodation,health insurance, and feedings)

Many public universities charge no tuition fee in Germany, though you will be only required to pay semester contribution which ranges between 100 - 350€ depends on the school, and out of the semester contribution, you will also get semester transport ticket which covers your city/state. Only one state out of 16 states recently introduced tuition fee.

With your GP, am sure you will secure admission if you package your application very well.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Re: N4million budget for masters abroad by Thewizardof0zil: 11:58am On Apr 04, 2018
Ggetter50:

€8,700 is a year living expenses (Accommodation,health insurance, and feedings)

Many public universities charge no tuition fee in Germany, though you will be only required to pay semester contribution which ranges between 100 - 350€ depends on the school, and out of the semester contribution, you will also get semester transport ticket which covers your city/state. Only one state out of 16 states recently introduced tuition fee.

With your GP, am sure you will secure admission if you package your application very well.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Hello,

I met with an agent and he told me, i'd have to take the language class for 9 months, and then after that, proceed with my msc or undergrad program in a different school, and then pay another 8650€. so BASICALLY I'LL Need close to 17000€ before i can go to germany. Please can you confirm this?
Re: N4million budget for masters abroad by Ggetter50: 12:19pm On Apr 04, 2018
Thewizardof0zil:
Hello,

I met with an agent and he told me, i'd have to take the language class for 9 months, and then after that, proceed with my msc or undergrad program in a different school, and then pay another 8650€. so BASICALLY I'LL Need close to 17000€ before i can go to germany. Please can you confirm this?
Why meeting an agent in the first place when all you need are here.

Anyways, your agent is not right. You don’t need to do any language class before you can do your Masters in Germany. You may only want to learn German language just to make your day to day activities more easier, that’s up to you and not compulsory as there are many international students in Germany and other non English speaking countries that don’t speak local language.

There are many programs in Germany that don’t need you to speak German before you can take it up. I posted a German thread link for you, instead of you to read it and see how people are getting admission and their visas without any German knowledge, you are meeting up with a dullard agent that doesn’t knowledge anything about Germany. You need to make an effort on your own too. Obviously, the agent has confused your mind. Stop listening to dullard agents and make research on your own too. Tell me, what course do you want to study?

Check www.daad.de/en and www.study-in.de/en , put all your preferences on a search spaces. There are lots of English programs in Germany !!!

All the best.

1 Like

Re: N4million budget for masters abroad by Thewizardof0zil: 12:42pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ggetter50:

Why meeting an agent in the first place when all you need are here.

Anyways, your agent is not right. You don’t need to do any language class before you can do your Masters in Germany. You may only want to learn German language just to make your day to day activities more easier, that’s up to you and not compulsory as there are many international students in Germany and other non English speaking countries that don’t speak local language.

There are many programs in Germany that don’t need you to speak German before you can take it up. I posted a German thread link for you, instead of you to read it and see how people are getting admission and their visas without any German knowledge, you are meeting up with a dullard agent that doesn’t knowledge anything about Germany. You need to make an effort on your own too. Obviously, the agent has confused your mind. Stop listening to dullard agents and make research on your own too. Tell me, what course do you want to study?

Check www.daad.de/en and www.study-in.de/en , put all your preferences on a search spaces. There are lots of English programs in Germany !!!

All the best.

Blessings bro, please i sent you a PM. Kindly reply
Re: N4million budget for masters abroad by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ggetter50:

Good luck.

Thewizardof0zil:
Blessings bro, please i sent you a PM. Kindly reply

(1)

Nigerians Residing In South Africa, What Have Your Experiences Been? / God Has Done It – American Woman Jubilates After Getting Nigerian Visa / International Passport Production Is Taking Too Long, HELP!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.