Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng (7878 Views)

UNN Student, Joel Jonez Wins N30m Star Prize At The Big Break Moment Africa 2022 / ASUU STRIKE: Denrele, Blessing CEO To Host N30m Talent Hunt For Students / Lawal Usman To Give N30m To Kaduna State University Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by SICng: 7:09am On Apr 02, 2018
The Student Innovation Challenge(SIC) is about collaboration, innovation and creativity. Undergraduates across all accredited tertiary institutions in Nigeria will present their innovative ideas and solutions, learn the skills required to start and grow a successful business, perfect pitch delivery, receive business developmental support and seed funding

HOW TO APPLY
To apply visit sic.ng

PRIZES
30 finalists will receive 1 MILLION NAIRA each in seed funding. Funds will go towards advancing your idea. Reimbursements and/or invoices, not cash awards and funding will be disbursed on agreed milestones

ELIGIBILITY
Student Innovation Challenge is open to undergraduate students in Universities and Polytechnics in Nigeria.

Your Pitch MUST be solving a local challenge.

Applications MUST be submitted on or before 15th of April 2018.

This program is a public -private collaboration and it is made possible through the support of The Presidency Federal Republic of Nigeria,Bank of Industry and the Civic Foundation for Innovation.

info@studentinnovationchallenge.ng
partnership@studentinnovationchallenge.ng

Connect with us:
Instagram: @sic_ng
Twitter: @sic_ng
Facebook:/TheSic.ng

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:55am On Apr 03, 2018
Small money
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by donestk(m): 7:55am On Apr 03, 2018
Propaganda

1 Like

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by swiz123(m): 7:56am On Apr 03, 2018
slimthugchimee2:
Small money

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by Emmaponi: 7:56am On Apr 03, 2018
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by momodub: 7:56am On Apr 03, 2018
Nice
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by Herdsmen: 7:57am On Apr 03, 2018
Big men wan steal ideas to invest grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by Achillesdam500(m): 7:58am On Apr 03, 2018
angryhi
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by Mrjaz(m): 8:03am On Apr 03, 2018
Lol
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by javascriptDev: 8:05am On Apr 03, 2018
Are you sure this guys are not gonna be stealing people ideas?

2 Likes

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:07am On Apr 03, 2018
Ideas are one thing executuon is another executing in Nigeria is a different ball game of its own.

1 Like

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by afroniger: 8:10am On Apr 03, 2018
Nice. This is better than youths going to debase themselves on one purposeless BBNaija. At least they will be spurred to think creatively and innovatively.

3 Likes

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by MrMoney007: 8:18am On Apr 03, 2018
Crooks are here again, don't sell your ideas short, I repeat, DON'T SELL YOUR IDEAS SHORT!!!

That's how they came like deceitful Lucifer years ago in our NYSC camp promising heaven on earth, distributing a form to be filled out with ideas, which will be submitted to them, on the ground that they take it to Abuja, process it and help Corp members with the funds they need to start off.

I knew it was scam as a street guy, I ended up convincing almost all my platoon members not to write a word on the form, but I wonder how graduates will be so foolish to be penning down their natural ideas on any paper they are convinced to.

I wonder if Seun will be happy if he foolishly penned down his Nairaland idea on a sheet of A4 paper. On a second thought, who even know if he got the idea from a stupid youth back in the days.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by MrMoney007: 8:19am On Apr 03, 2018
javascriptDev:
Are you sure this guys are not gonna be stealing people ideas?
what do you think? empty skulls with the money, poor guys with the ideas.

1 Like

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by zinaunreal(m): 8:20am On Apr 03, 2018
What is one million? Before it will reach them 500k don go. I can bet you that those who will get this money have someone upstairs
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by DozieInc(m): 8:22am On Apr 03, 2018
One way to encourage creativity and innovation among the youths.
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by MrMoney007: 8:27am On Apr 03, 2018
zinaunreal:
What is one million? Before it will reach them 500k don go. I can bet you that those who will get this money have someone upstairs
one bottle of legend for you

1 Like

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by damola1: 8:30am On Apr 03, 2018
MrMoney007:
Crooks are here again, don't sell your ideas short, I repeat, DON'T SELL YOUR IDEAS SHORT!!!

That's how they came like deceitful Lucifer years ago in our NYSC camp promising heaven on earth, distributing a form to be filled out with ideas, which will be submitted to them, on the ground that they take it to Abuja, process it and help Corp members with the funds they need to start off.

I knew it was scam as a street guy, I ended up convincing almost all my platoon members not to write a word on the form, but I wonder how graduates will be so foolish to be penning down their natural ideas on any paper they are convinced to.

I wonder if Seun will be happy if he foolishly penned down his Nairaland idea on a sheet of A4 paper. On a second thought, who even know if he got the idea from a stupid youth back in the days.

Your ideas is absolutely worthless without the resources to execute it.

If you are truly street, there's nothing they can do with your ideas, cos they can't go all the way either. The journey is long.

2 Likes

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:34am On Apr 03, 2018
I won't be surprised if they reduce the money after stealing their ideas.

3 Likes

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by zlantanfan: 9:16am On Apr 03, 2018
I would encourage people applying to first register their copyright at myowns.com and save it.

I don't really think its worth risking though because Nigerians do not respect or understand copyright issues even judiciary.
The money na just million for eye not worth risking a prospective source of gold that you and your generations could enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by Jethrolite(m): 9:19am On Apr 03, 2018
You guys had better not waste your time applying because Bank of Industry will not give you N1 self.

Those of us with proper resources fought and got exhausted. Students will just be used to add another worthless media achievement and you will see nothing.

You can ask YES-P, BIG, Youwin connect participants how it went down. Resources wasted, no funds disbursed.
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by TissuePaper: 10:09am On Apr 03, 2018
Their site is not even opening
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by erico2k2(m): 10:30am On Apr 03, 2018
Two things that can go down in History with this.
Fabricate a smart refinary ie fractional destination tower
Mini Gas turbine or hydro plant .
Anything else mah wash .
This should be the direction this challenge should drive towards .
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by kode12: 10:40am On Apr 03, 2018
MrMoney007:

There are very few ideas that haven't been thought of under the sun. Don't always maintain that perception that somebody wants to steal your idea, else a very good opportunity for you to kick start your business might just slip past you. Life's full of risk, no risk no reward. Besides look around you today, most successful businesses have rivals that sometimes, equally matched, but they still flourish. So sign up if you want to. The sky is wide enough for all.

1 Like

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by Dirkcoyt: 11:02am On Apr 03, 2018
kode12:

There are very few ideas that haven't been thought of under the sun. Don't always maintain that perception that somebody wants to steal your idea, else a very good opportunity for you to kick start your business might just slip past you. Life's full of risk, no risk no reward. Besides look around you today, most successful businesses have rivals that sometimes, equally matched, but they still flourish. So sign up if you want to. The sky is wide enough for all.

At the same time people shouldn't be foolish to give out idea to out of the blue person. idea is unique . something new that's why it yours.

Even if an investor is going to invest i your ideas there are intellectual protection law to help you from being infringe on. reasons why people patent, copyright, trademark because you cant trust the next person with your idea.

Your idea is the gateway to financial freedom so be wary who its been shared with. not caring enough for our ideas is why we sign our company away from the very start, reason people end up signing slave contract.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by danielchidozie: 11:04am On Apr 03, 2018
Perfect opportunity
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by Krafty006: 11:10am On Apr 03, 2018
ideas rule the world...jobs jobs jobs....... invest in shoe biz, learn shoe making https://www.nairaland.com/4405075/new-designs
Re: Student Innovation Challenge. N30m in Seed Fund. Apply now at sic.ng by SICng: 11:26am On Apr 03, 2018
TissuePaper:
Their site is not even opening
Please do check back on the site.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rumor: Boko Haram To Bomb University of Ibadan In September / List Of Top Polytechnics In Nigeria 2019 Ranking / Can A B.sc.ed Chemistry 1st Class Graduate Master In Chemical Engr Field?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.