Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,088 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Top Albums Of 2018 So Far - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top Albums Of 2018 So Far (374 Views)

13 Songs Of 2018 That Should Have Been Hits / MTV Base Releases Top 20 Hottest Naija Tracks Of 2018 / Davido And Tiwa Savage Make Nomination List Of 2018 BET Awards ( List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Albums Of 2018 So Far by OfficialNNB: 8:25am On Apr 02, 2018
Do you ever hear a song and know from that moment that it’s going to be your jam? Or you hear that song you haven’t heard in ages and you find yourself in euphoria. For me, Maroon 5’s ‘One More Night’ always gets me elated.

2017 was a year of great music, and it gave rise to amazing albums like Kendrick Lamar’s Damn, Jay-Z’s 4:44, Big Sean’s I Decided and Migos’ Culture.

Since 2018 started, there’s been amazing new sound and music lovers, such as myself, can’t wait to see what the year has planned for us.

But whilst we wait, let’s take a look at some of the albums that have been released this year and are already making waves. Here’s a rundown of my ‘Top 5 Albums of 2018 so far.’

5. Black Panther The Album

The soundtrack for the 2018 Blockbuster Black Panther heavily influenced by Kendrick Lamar, features a wide range of black artistes such as The Weeknd, SZA, 2 Chainz, Swae Lee, Future, Khalid, Kendrick inclusive and so on. Songs like All the Stars, Kings Dead and Pray for Me are major on this one.

4. Man of the Woods – Justin Timberlake

JT’s last album The 20/20 Experience was a 2013 banger with hits like ‘Suit and Tie’ and Award Winning ‘Mirrors.’ His hit song Can’t Stop the Feeling from the 2016 animation Trolls lit up the moods of most people. Man of the Woods shows JT’s regular R&B style with an edge. The album is home to Say Something which features Chris Stapleton, and Filthy, a sexy song with a very interesting video.

Spoiler: There’s a robot.

3. Camila – Camila Cabello

Pop-star, Camila Cabello broke out from the female band Fifth Harmony in 2016 and has since then been making a name for herself. In 2017, she collaborated with Machine Gun Kelly to give us the amazing love-hate song, Bad Things and now Camila, which is her solo debut album. The opening song on the album, Never Be The Same is a personal favourite is somewhat electro-pop gets me into my feelings. The album’s hit song, Havana featuring Young Thug, topped charts and rose to fame to the point of being one of Barack Obama’s top songs of 2017. Talk about major success.

2. Culture II – Migos

Migos has become the face of Trap and no one seems to get tired of their ad-lips. Who would? They did give us Skrr-Skrr.
Arriving only a year after Culture, which saw the major hit, Bad and Boujee, and it’s likes Slippery and T-Shirt; Culture II is looking really good with the fans. Songs like Motor Sport, which features Cardi B and Nicki, BBO which was co-produced by Kanye, Stir Fry the funky collaboration with Pharrell, and Walk It Talk It featuring Drake, are enough proof that Migos is not here to play.

1. Outside – Burna Boy

Nigeria’s Talent, Burna Boy tops this list with his album, Outside. Burna has been dropping hits since 2013 with songs like Tonight, Yawa Dey, Like to Party and Run my Race. Burna Boy’s distinct, signature sound and his soul music gets to Nigerians on this one. The album features hit song, Heavens Gate with Lily Allen, Sekkle Down with British rapper J Hus, Streets of Africa and Rock your Body, on which Burna showcases his vocals.
Note: Ensure to listen to Heavens Gate with headphones. Thank me later.

Bonus: Cardi B’s Invasion of Privacy is set to be released on the 6th of April, so hold your horses cause I can bet it’ll be amazing.

http://thediurnal.com/top-albums-of-2018-so-far/

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Download Downtown Lagos By Oluwadee..2018 new act / Dalin's New Song "Only You" Is Hot / Find Out How Sony V81D Unleashed Your Inner Always-partying [latest]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.