Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa (3379 Views)

Rome Was Not Built In A Day But Dubai Was: You Will Need This / Why Does Elon Musk Son Of South Africa Never Invest In South Africa? / Take A Look At This Picture And Tell Me If You Believe Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by ContSy: 8:28am On Apr 02, 2018
Despite the country being downgraded to junk status by ratings agencies S&P and Fitch plus a sluggish economic growth of 1.3% in 2017, investment has continued pouring in.

Monied Nairalands, here is an opportunity to own a piece of the pie. These are high growth areas with good ROI.

Here a look at new cities being built around the country.

1. Pretoria ,
The East Capital smart mega city is a 3.7 Billion USD project approved by the municipality and underway. It is being developed by the Hazeldean Consortium. Several developments have been completed including residential areas, estates, Hazeldean Square shopping mall, office parks, schools and a retirement village. When complete it will include hospitals, educational facilities, retail & tourist facilities. There are also plans to have the Gautrain high speed rail station in the area.

2. Cape Town ,
Wescape is a 12Billion USD projecting with aims to be a major economic development project that will create 300,000 jobs for the state of Western Cape. When completed, the new city will be home to 800,000 people in the Western Cape, with 200,000 homes, 400 schools, a university, and 90 community facilities.

3. Durban ,
The Durban Point Waterfront project is a 500Million USD project which will see the city’s coastal skyline changed by skyscrapers and high-rise developments. As much as 168Million USD has already been invested in the development project.

[img][/img]

Oceans development is currently underway with the R340Million USD mixed-use Oceans mall development in Umhlanga. The development comprises of a world-class shopping mall with over 100 stores, permanent residences, a new Radisson Blu hotel, 126Million USD Umgeni Deco & Lifestyle park and Park Square development.

4. Johannesburg ,
The Vaal city project is a 928Million USD project which aims to create a brand new city housing 400,000 square metres of commercial office space, 60,000 square metres of retail and leisure component; 20 hectares of park areas – including a bird sanctuary; and 5,000 residential units.

Water Fall Estate is already under way with some commercial and residential space already completed but with 7 years of construction still to go. Its expected to cost a total of 6 Billion USD.

Steyn City; The vision and namesake of South African billionaire, Douw Steyn, Steyn City is a new Gauteng city that seeks to grab the attention of the country’s super wealthy.

Others:
Village Walk redevelopment in Sandton: (168Million USD)

Discovery HQ: 253Million USD (Completed)

Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by odiereke(m): 8:37am On Apr 02, 2018
Waoh, it's awesome.
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by LeSudAfricaine: 11:35am On Apr 02, 2018
the village walk is already taking shape I was there this week
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 2:58pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nice, but personally I'm tired of the malls.
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2018
XhosaNostra:
Nice, but personally I'm tired of the malls.
Lol they are all over aren't they! If they are not building new ones they are revamping old ones

1 Like

Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2018
Jayceon:
Lol they are all over aren't they! If they are not building new ones they are revamping old ones

Exactly! It's becoming tiresome. Mall of Africa should have been the last one lol. What are we going to do with all of them?
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Exactly! It's becoming tiresome. Mall of Africa should have been the last one lol. What are we going to do with all of them?
It should have been,you been there before?

1 Like

Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2018
Jayceon:
It should have been,you been there before?

No, not really. But I'm planning to soon. Have you?
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 04, 2018
XhosaNostra:

No, not really. But I'm planning to soon. Have you?
Been there once (2015 I think).you gonna need some energy drinks,that sh*t is like walking through a tunnel
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2018
Jayceon:
Been there once (2015 I think).you gonna need some energy drinks,that sh*t is like walking through a tunnel

It's that big? I'm gonna get myself a wheelchair, because I can't even tour the Pretoria zoo, without feeling exhausted halfway through. I'm not much of a walker lol.

Hope it's worth the hype. Menlyn Park is all the mall I need tongue
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2018
XhosaNostra:

It's that big? I'm gonna get myself a wheelchair, because I can't even tour the Pretoria zoo, without feeling exhausted halfway through. I'm not much of a walker lol.

Hope it's worth the hype. Menlyn Park is all the mall I need tongue
It's HUGE.The thing that annoys me about it is that it stretches horizontally,so you will feel the walk Lol.does PTA zoo have lions.can you believe I have never seen one before?

It is worth the hype TBH,in terms of size at least. cheesy I love Menlyn Park too,I buy my clothes there sometimes
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2018
Jayceon:
It's HUGE.The thing that annoys me about it is that it stretches horizontally,so you will feel the walk Lol.does PTA zoo have lions.can you believe I have never seen one before?

It is worth the hype TBH,in terms of size at least. cheesy I love Menlyn Park too,I buy my clothes there sometimes

Lol, that's unbelievable. You even have a lion petting zoo in Jo'burg, how come?

Sure, I'll give mall of Africa a try. It sounds like a lot, but I'm sure I'll manage.

Pretoria zoo has everything grin All the animals & creepy crawlies you can think of. I enjoy the cable cars the most because I'm lazy to walk up to the higher sections of the zoo tongue

1 Like

Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 04, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Lol, that's unbelievable. You even have a lion petting zoo in Jo'burg, how come?

Sure, I'll give mall of Africa a try. It sounds like a lot, but I'm sure I'll manage.

Pretoria zoo has everything grin All the animals & creepy crawlies you can think of. I enjoy the cable cars the most because I'm lazy to walk up to the higher sections of the zoo tongue
Lol the thought of going to the zoo never really crossed my mind,It's embarrassing actually.Imagine some Americans have seen a lion before an African

yeah plus YOU need that walk,get rid of the fats.

There's even a cable car smiley .This looks like a fun place,like a little Disney Land.how much does it cost?
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 6:09pm On Apr 04, 2018
Jayceon:
Lol the thought of going to the zoo never really crossed my mind,It's embarrassing actually.Imagine some Americans have seen a lion before an African

yeah plus YOU need that walk,get rid of the fats.

There's even a cable car smiley .This looks like a fun place,like a little Disney Land.how much does it cost?

You should hang your head in shame for not coming to meet the king of the jungle much sooner tongue
Well, it's been a couple of years since I've been there. The last time I believe it was around R65 for a ticket. I'm sure it's much higher now, depending on when you go. They raise the amount on "busy days", like on public holidays & the festive season. It gets packed. They even run out of golf carts, hence I don't go there much. My obese self can't deal with the walking grin
Lol @ get rid of fats. That hurts cry I'm gonna do it on my watch tongue

Well, you should go. You'd learn a thing or two. I actually wanna come over there to the petting zoo. I love cubs lol. I wanna touch one.
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2018
XhosaNostra:

You should hang your head in shame for not coming to meet the king of the jungle much sooner tongue
Well, it's been a couple of years since I've been there. The last time I believe it was around R65 for a ticket. I'm sure it's much higher now, depending on when you go. They raise the amount on "busy days", like on public holidays & the festive season. It gets packed. They even run out of golf carts, hence I don't go there much. My obese self can't deal with the walking grin
Lol @ get rid of fats. That hurts cry I'm gonna do it on my watch tongue

Well, you should go. You'd learn a thing or two. I actually wanna come over there to the petting zoo. I love cubs lol. I wanna touch one.
Well it's not too late i'll see him soon.Alright it's cheap,I always imagined it would be something above R150.So those who want to roam the entire zoo will have to cough up some more Mandelas?.Oh baby I didn't mean for it to come out like that cry

Yeah plus it looks like it could be nice for family outing.The cubs look cute and innocent until they grow to become vicious beasts lol

1 Like

Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 6:45am On Apr 05, 2018
Jayceon:
Well it's not too late i'll see him soon.Alright it's cheap,I always imagined it would be something above R150.So those who want to roam the entire zoo will have to cough up some more Mandelas?.Oh baby I didn't mean for it to come out like that cry

Yeah plus it looks like it could be nice for family outing.The cubs look cute and innocent until they grow to become vicious beasts lol

Lol, not necessarily. Some people do roam the entire zoo without spending a dime more. Our fitness levels are not the same tongue Those who are lazy to walk, go for the carts or the cable cars- extra bucks to cough up.

Now the tickets I'm sure they are around that region lol. Everything is expensive there, from the artwork that is being sold outside to a can of coke! I couldn't believe that they expected people to pay R15 for a can, years ago. One lady told me that they do something similar in Moria, a loaf of bread goes for R25 & it's not even Albany lol.

Cubs are adorable! Awww. The essence of a petting zoo though is to turn them into pussies tongue They get used to people, thus not seeing them as food. I still wouldn't wanna pat an adult lion though. You'd never know when your luck has run out. Only cubs for me smiley

1 Like

Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 05, 2018
XhosaNostra:

Lol, not necessarily. Some people do roam the entire zoo without spending a dime more. Our fitness levels are not the same tongue Those who are lazy to walk, go for the carts or the cable cars- extra bucks to cough up.

Now the tickets I'm sure they are around that region lol. Everything is expensive there, from the artwork that is being sold outside to a can of coke! I couldn't believe that they expected people to pay R15 for a can, years ago. One lady told me that they do something similar in Moria, a loaf of bread goes for R25 & it's not even Albany lol.

Cubs are adorable! Awww. The essence of a petting zoo though is to turn them into pussies tongue They get used to people, thus not seeing them as food. I still wouldn't wanna pat an adult lion though. You'd never know when your luck has run out. Only cubs for me smiley
Okay that's fair.Damn are you really that lazy to walk? It seems like you get tired even at the thought of it grin .mmm I'll take the cable car anyday,ain't nothing like staring at the world around with a bird's eye view.

lol they should be.when was the last time you visited? . That's why I always carry my backpack with my own food and drinks whenever going to places like that,I hate paying extra for things I normally pay lower price for..HELL NO lol grin .HAHA that's Mr Lekganyane for you.I also hear they sell fatcakes the size of a soccer ball grin grin

Especially the white ones.were they also pussies when they our ancestors used to live side by side with them? The only wild animal I see myself petting is Polar Bear,that thing is just too beautiful to be living by itself

1 Like

Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 8:36am On Apr 05, 2018
Jayceon:
Okay that's fair.Damn are you really that lazy to walk? It seems like you get tired even at the thought of it grin .mmm I'll take the cable car anyday,ain't nothing like staring at the world around with a bird's eye view.

lol they should be.when was the last time you visited? . That's why I always carry my backpack with my own food and drinks whenever going to places like that,I hate paying extra for things I normally pay lower price for..HELL NO lol grin .HAHA that's Mr Lekganyane for you.I also hear they sell fatcakes the size of a soccer ball grin grin

Especially the white ones.were they also pussies when they our ancestors used to live side by side with them? The only wild animal I see myself petting is Polar Bear,that thing is just too beautiful to be living by itself

I got really bad ankles. It's really not about being lazy, but the pain that follows afterwards . Plus I'm not used to walking tongue Even at home, I take breaks between chores because my feet start to hurt when I'm up longer than necessary. They're extremely sensitive & soft grin

It's really shocking that things are so expensive, but they know people have no other choice, they will buy.

Bears are scary lol. I don't fùck with them & crocodiles. At the zoo I don't even go anywhere near their enclosures. It's been 4 years, I think. No sure.

1 Like

Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by prechbills1(m): 9:00am On Apr 05, 2018
South Africa is 100% better than Nigeria no doubt... wish they have all the resources Nigeria currently possess, they'd be like Germany by now.
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 05, 2018
XhosaNostra:

I got really bad ankles. It's really not about being lazy, but the pain that follows afterwards . Plus I'm not used to walking tongue Even at home, I take breaks between chores because my feet start to hurt when I'm up longer than necessary. They're extremely sensitive & soft grin

It's really shocking that things are so expensive, but they know people have no other choice, they will buy.

Bears are scary lol. I don't fùck with them & crocodiles. At the zoo I don't even go anywhere near their enclosures. It's been 4 years, I think. No sure.
oh that must really suck cry .You should have told me sooner babes,I give GOOD feet massage tongue grin

It's shocking indeed but what can we do,they run a business after all

the brown ones yes,not the polar bears.crocodiles are repulsive

the animal below is scary?

Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 9:30am On Apr 05, 2018
Jayceon:
oh that must really suck cry .You should have told me sooner babes,I give GOOD feet massage tongue grin

It's shocking indeed but what can we do,they run a business after all

the brown ones yes,not the polar bears.crocodiles are repulsive

the animal below is scary?

It looks scary, yes lol. It's bigger than most humans, that's more reason to feel uncomfortable. I'd never put my guard down around a wild animal no matter how cute & unassuming they look because next thing you know, half your face will be gone. Bears are omnivorous, I believe. But they feed mostly on meat to get the proper fat their bodies need to get warm. Meat, Jace, meat!!!!! You'll be a source of protein tongue I've seen them tear seals into shreds lol.
Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 05, 2018
XhosaNostra:

It looks scary, yes lol. It's bigger than most humans, that's more reason to feel uncomfortable. I'd never put my guard down around a wild animal no matter how cute & unassuming they look because next thing you know, half your face will be gone. Bears are omnivorous, I believe. But they feed mostly on meat to get the proper fat their bodies need to get warm. Meat, Jace, meat!!!!! You'll be a source of protein tongue I've seen them tear seals into shreds lol.
But humans are scary too.Trust me,I'm more likely to run towards a polar bear before I run towards a human if I found the two in the middle of Jozi at night grin

1 Like

Re: A Look At New Cities Being Built in South Africa by XhosaNostra(f): 10:08am On Apr 05, 2018
Jayceon:
But humans are scary too.Trust me,I'm more likely to run towards a polar bear before I run towards a human if I found the two in the middle of Jozi at night grin

LMAO. Touché!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Free Forex Trading Signals / Betnaija Established Shop For Sale 550k / I Want To Venture Into Forex And I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.