Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,071 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared (4565 Views)

After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million / Cheeky Monkeys Having Sex On Car Bonnet In England / Danfo Driver Who Took One-Way Fled & Abandoned His Bus When He Sighted Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
Hello,

I'm in shock as I type this so thought to post this s I can get some solace. My husband and I hired a nanny when our child was 5 weeks old and she's been with us since then- he's now 17months old.

She was a good nanny and assisted me with taking care of him. In return, we really treated her very well and took her like a family member (which has turned out to be a mistake). We are Nigerians residing in Ghana- gave her a private room with private bathroom, gave her extra money when she requested, usually took her out with us to eat in restaurants, paid for her medical expenses, provided her with any and all types of food she's wanted, we had even pledged to start paying for her children's school fees (after she told us that her husband was neglecting them). Etc.

So a few months ago, I discovered that I'd need to travel to England for two months to help my sister with her newborn baby and didn't want to leave my son behind. So I applied for a nanny visa for our nanny which she granted. We arrived in the UK exactly two weeks ago and we have treated her very well here. We gave her a private room, provided her with any food she wanted, even took her shopping to buy some shoes and clothes which she could take back to Ghana. We had also planned to take her shopping to buy clothes for her children in Ghana. In addition to this she would also be getting her salary.

A few days ago, she told me that she had missed her period and wanted to take a pregnancy test. So I got a home pregnancy test- she tested positive for pregnancy. She told me that she wanted to have an abortion because she couldnt afford to have anymore children and her husband wasn't taking care of them etc. I told her to have a think about things and that we would discuss the next day. The next day she came to me and asked how much an abortion would cost etc because she wanted to have some small money sent to her etc but I told her that abortions done privately in England are far more expensive and cost about 600 pounds. That night, she didnt sleep and also didn't eat. She then confessed that she had fallen pregnant a few years ago as well and had terminated the pregnancy with some pills which she got from a herbal doctor in Ghana. She was clearly distressed by her current pregnancy and was eager to terminate it instantly but I told her that there were no herbal doctors here and that if she insists on getting a termination, she would wait until we return to Ghana where they have hospitals she can visit. My husband and I weren't prepared to spend 600 pounds on an abortion for her in England. And i personally didn't want to get involved in that- what if she suffered a complication? anyway we encouraged her to wait u until returning to Ghana.

So you can imagine my shock when I woke up this morning ( a few days later) to discover that she had vanished! Taken all her things and disappeared! I was in a trance and couldn't believe my eyes. I called the police but they said it was an immigration matter and immigration home office is closed today.

I am just so confused and sad. I feel so exploited! After all the investments we made in her and how generous we were? Treating her like a family member. She literally disappears? Why? I wish I had answers. Does she want to remain in England as an illegal immigrant or did she return to Ghana to have the abortion? Which raises the question of how she'd have gotten money to buy a return ticket? Did she get in touch with some Ghanaians in Ghana who linked her up with people who specialize in harbouring illegal immigrants? Cos she doesn't have any family in England! This is someone who had never gone beyond Nigeria!

I'm just so disappointed. Why do domestic staff behave like this? Thanks for reading.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Shedrack777: 6:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
guy don't tell me she's missing because you must find her and bring her back.
more so, that previous and current pregnancy ain't her husband own. it belongs to.............you'll hear it, but not from my mouth

6 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by MistadeRegal(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
Shedrack777:
guy don't tell me she's missing because you must find her and bring her back

Where are Meshack and Abednego?
They may have something else to tell us.

6 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Shedrack777: 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
ok, on a more serious note, you need to post her pictures here for proper identification
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
Shedrack777:
guy don't tell me she's missing because you must find her and bring her back.
more so, that previous and current pregnancy ain't her husband own. it belongs to.............you'll hear it, but not from my mouth
Maybe the pregnancy belongs to the ops husband and because of how nice the op has been to her she doesn't want to break the ops heart or maybe the husband even knows about her disappearance. Anything is possible, always best to assume the worst.

8 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by LOSKYXANDER: 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2018
my best guess is that she doesn't want to return to Africa. why else would she pack all her things?

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2018
The pregnancy does not belong to my husband! Yes I know some Nigerian men do such horrible things but trust me, not my husband. If he was going to cheat, it would be with an outsider not a member of our household and as far as I know he is faithful.

She had been having issues with her own husband. A few days before we travelled, she told me that a neighbour in their house in Kumasi had spotted her husband with another woman in the nanny's marital home. Her husband was in bed with another woman. She wanted to go back to her house to confront her husband but we advised her against it. She said her husband had been cheating on her for years and she didn't want to have any more kids with him hence need to get a termination. Those were her claims.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2018
LOSKYXANDER:
my best guess is that she doesn't want to return to Africa. why else would she pack all her things?

Yes I thought about this as well. But she has two children, an aged mother and a husband in Ghana. The first time she went on a plane was when we flew with her. She was unexposed. How can she abandon her family? Which makes me believe someone in her family must know where she is...
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2018
Shedrack777:
ok, on a more serious note, you need to post her pictures here for proper identification

Is this likely to help? If so, gladly post it.
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Skyfornia(m): 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2018
Madam three things are involved

1. The story behind the pregnancy get k-leg, are you sure oga is not involved especially since he treats the Nanny well?

2. If Oga is truly involved then I must say Oga knows her whereabout.

3. You need to take this matter serious and pray she is still alive.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2018
Skyfornia:

What are they please? Thanks
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2018
The funny thing is her phone is ringing. She blocked my number and numbers of a few others but when you call from an unfamiliar number, her phone rings.
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by 4dor: 6:57pm On Apr 02, 2018
Just report to Immigration. Simple as ABC
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2018
Skyfornia:

1. The story behind the pregnancy get k-leg, are you sure oga is not involved especially since he treats the Nanny well?

2. If Oga is truly involved then I must say Oga knows her whereabout.

3. You need to take this matter serious and pray she is still alive.

I am 1000 per cent sure my husband is not involved. Moreover my husband is in Ghana and we are here. My husband is not involved I can assure you of that...
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 7:01pm On Apr 02, 2018
4dor:
Just report to Immigration. Simple as ABC

Yes I plan to do so tomrorow. Will report her to immigration tomorrow but I hope they take it seriously. Her phone is ringing imagine?
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by 4dor: 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2018
Livie2016:

Yes I plan to do so tomrorow. Will report her to immigration tomorrow but I hope they take it seriously. Her phone is ringing imagine?
She's just trying to be clever, put your mind at rest.
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2018
Livie2016:
The funny thing is her phone is ringing. She blocked my number and numbers of a few others but when you call from an unfamiliar number, her phone rings.
And u said she isn't exposed? Women should not be sleeping with their husbands who are not in sync.. How do that do it when they quarrel always?
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
The pregnancy may have been a rouse to get cash from you.

Is her passport with you? Plus return tickets?

Just report to immigration since you got her on nanny visa.
Her number can traced to find her location.
Typically when people do this they plan it even before they travel. There's always someone telling them they can earn good pounds working in the UK.
What they don't say is that they will pay rent, bills and work like slaves to the other people encouraging them to abscond cos they're illegal

Let immigration block her visa jor and next time put some insurance on such arrangements. You expended money for that visa and th and you're getting no value. Rubbish.

Please Domestic workers are first and foremost WORKERS. The more we understand that the better we relate with them.

6 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by pretty16(f): 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
Livie2016:

Madam, you would be surprised at the lengths ppl can go in search of a "better life" abroad. The lady might not even be pregnant, maybe she was trying to see if she could get some pounds from you. You would be surprised that she would know someone in London there. Might not even be a family member., just friends. What she doesn't know is that being an illegal immigrant is going to be a difficult experience for her. She might just end up getting deported.

6 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 7:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
salsera:
The pregnancy may have been a rouse to get cash from you.

Is her passport with you? Plus return tickets?

Just report to immigration since you got her on nanny visa.
Her number can traced to find her location.
Typically when people do this they plan it even before they travel. There's always someone telling them they can earn good pounds working in the UK.
What they don't say is that they will pay rent, bills and work like slaves to the other people encouraging them to abscond cos they're illegal

Let immigration block her visa jor and next time put some insurance on such arrangements. You expended money for that visa and th and you're getting no value. Rubbish.

Please Domestic workers are first and foremost WORKERS. The more we understand that the better we relate with them.

Thanks so much. This makes me a little bit better. They've probably promised her a good life without telling her the practical aspects of it. Without legal papers, she won't get any benefits from the government and will be exploited by underground workers. We really did our best for her. She pretended to be a timid and quiet person. I'm so disappointed.
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by peacengine(m): 7:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
Diz woman has already made arrangement with her husband in Ghana to do diz tin. Everytin is planned and executed. She is safe, don't bother yorsef. You can report to clear yorsef but her mother will take care of those kidz until she can send for dem.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Livie2016: 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2018
pretty16:

Madam, you would be surprised at the lengths ppl can go in search of a "better life" abroad. The lady might not even be pregnant, maybe she was trying to see if she could get some pounds from you. You would be surprised that she would know someone in London there. Might not even be a family member., just friends. What she doesn't know is that being an illegal immigrant is going to be a difficult experience for her. She might just end up getting deported.

How can they be so naive though?
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by pretty16(f): 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
Livie2016:

How can they be so naive though?

It beats my imagination. Maybe they think the western world is like Africa, where you can commit a crime, and run away, and never get caught. Not knowing that they can track you down.
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by otokx(m): 8:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
Interesting story
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Skyfornia(m): 9:50pm On Apr 02, 2018
Livie2016:

I am 1000 per cent sure my husband is not involved. Moreover my husband is in Ghana and we are here. My husband is not involved I can assure you of that...

Okay..I wish you well and I pray she is safe and found.
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Shedrack777: 10:00pm On Apr 02, 2018
Livie2016:
The pregnancy does not belong to my husband! Yes I know some Nigerian men do such horrible things but trust me, not my husband. If he was going to cheat, it would be with an outsider not a member of our household and as far as I know he is faithful.

She had been having issues with her own husband. A few days before we travelled, she told me that a neighbour in their house in Kumasi had spotted her husband with another woman in the nanny's marital home. Her husband was in bed with another woman. She wanted to go back to her house to confront her husband but we advised her against it. She said on her for years and she didn't want to have any more kids with him hence need to get a termination. Those were her claims.
we didn't say the pregnancy belongs to your husband o, we only said the pregnancy doesn't belong to her husband.
and if you must know; "NOBODY IS A THIEF/CHEAT/CRIMINAL UNTIL WHEN CAUGHT IN THE ACT"
she might be sexing else but not caught yet.
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Shedrack777: 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
those of saying her husband might be responsible for pregnancy should stop that talks pls. because like play like play, it can/may cause havoc in her marital home. don't worry about her, she old enough to tell the cops she's from ghana when caught. but make sure you come back with her because i need to investigate her personally
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Shedrack777: 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
she wants to ride an oyinbo dick in an oyinbo land
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by claremont(m): 11:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
It's also likely that you might be interrogated by the UKBA on suspicion of human smuggling. The UKBA will definitely probe deeper into this, there are similar stories of 'madams' from African countries bringing in young ladies into the UK who 'suddenly' abscond on arrival.
Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by londoner: 12:03am On Apr 03, 2018
Op the pregnancy may belong to your husband and because you have been so good to her she feels extremely guilty.

Since you have helped her in addition to what's expected it makes no sense that she would run like that.

On the other hand maybe it was planned by her to get to stay abroad.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Nanny I Took To England Has Disappeared by Lexusgs430: 12:13am On Apr 03, 2018
Livie2016:
Hello,

I'm in shock as I type this so thought to post this s I can get some solace. My husband and I hired a nanny when our child was 5 weeks old and she's been with us since then- he's now 17months old.

She was a good nanny and assisted me with taking care of him. In return, we really treated her very well and took her like a family member (which has turned out to be a mistake). We are Nigerians residing in Ghana- gave her a private room with private bathroom, gave her extra money when she requested, usually took her out with us to eat in restaurants, paid for her medical expenses, provided her with any and all types of food she's wanted, we had even pledged to start paying for her children's school fees (after she told us that her husband was neglecting them). Etc.

So a few months ago, I discovered that I'd need to travel to England for two months to help my sister with her newborn baby and didn't want to leave my son behind. So I applied for a nanny visa for our nanny which she granted. We arrived in the UK exactly two weeks ago and we have treated her very well here. We gave her a private room, provided her with any food she wanted, even took her shopping to buy some shoes and clothes which she could take back to Ghana. We had also planned to take her shopping to buy clothes for her children in Ghana. In addition to this she would also be getting her salary.

A few days ago, she told me that she had missed her period and wanted to take a pregnancy test. So I got a home pregnancy test- she tested positive for pregnancy. She told me that she wanted to have an abortion because she couldnt afford to have anymore children and her husband wasn't taking care of them etc. I told her to have a think about things and that we would discuss the next day. The next day she came to me and asked how much an abortion would cost etc because she wanted to have some small money sent to her etc but I told her that abortions done privately in England are far more expensive and cost about 600 pounds. That night, she didnt sleep and also didn't eat. She then confessed that she had fallen pregnant a few years ago as well and had terminated the pregnancy with some pills which she got from a herbal doctor in Ghana. She was clearly distressed by her current pregnancy and was eager to terminate it instantly but I told her that there were no herbal doctors here and that if she insists on getting a termination, she would wait until we return to Ghana where they have hospitals she can visit. My husband and I weren't prepared to spend 600 pounds on an abortion for her in England. And i personally didn't want to get involved in that- what if she suffered a complication? anyway we encouraged her to wait u until returning to Ghana.

So you can imagine my shock when I woke up this morning ( a few days later) to discover that she had vanished! Taken all her things and disappeared! I was in a trance and couldn't believe my eyes. I called the police but they said it was an immigration matter and immigration home office is closed today.

I am just so confused and sad. I feel so exploited! After all the investments we made in her and how generous we were? Treating her like a family member. She literally disappears? Why? I wish I had answers. Does she want to remain in England as an illegal immigrant or did she return to Ghana to have the abortion? Which raises the question of how she'd have gotten money to buy a return ticket? Did she get in touch with some Ghanaians in Ghana who linked her up with people who specialize in harbouring illegal immigrants? Cos she doesn't have any family in England! This is someone who had never gone beyond Nigeria!

I'm just so disappointed. Why do domestic staff behave like this? Thanks for reading.

At this juncture, their is nothing you can do. She simply used you and abused your trust.....

She seized this opportunity to vanish and blend within the Ghanaian community (probably due to bad advice received).

Just ensure you report the matter to the Immigration service (UKBA) and get a crime number..... It's now completely out of your hands. Also inform those that introduced you to her and dust your hands off, while counting your loss.........

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Just Shutdown Dubai Yesterday (pics) / Direction From Sango Ota, Ogun State To Ikorodu, Lagos State / Nairalander Escapes Death!!! (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.