Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Instead Of Owambe, She Walked Against Child Abuse On Her Fortieth Bday(photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Instead Of Owambe, She Walked Against Child Abuse On Her Fortieth Bday(photos) (892 Views)

I Walked In On My Parents Having Sex, Now I Feel So Embarrassed. / My Mother-In-law Just Walked Into My House Without A Notification / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instead Of Owambe, She Walked Against Child Abuse On Her Fortieth Bday(photos) by stancydg: 8:09pm On Apr 02, 2018
And so it went down today 2nd April, 2018. It was the fortieth birthday of Five Gold Media Ltd' s C.E.O, Miss Olugbemi Oluwemimo Filmgurl, tagged #Fortified.

Many had thought it will be the usual owanbe party graced by the creme de la creme of society but as against that, she organized a CHARITY WALK AGAINST CHILD ABUSE AND POOR PARENTAL CHILD REARING PRACTICES, all the way from FGM's office at Opebi in Ikeja to HOUSE OF MERCY, Egbeda, where abused children are being taken care of by an elderly woman and her team of competent staff. During the walk, flyers were distributed and people were educated on how to identify when a child is being abused as well as how to mitigate it.

At the home in Egbeda, a mini party was thrown for the kids and cash gifts were donated besides school books and other useful items. The children were also motivated to believe in themselves to become great in life, by seasoned speakers. It was indeed a very impactful way of celebrating ones birthday and we use this medium to urge all to consider such in place of expensive parties that add no value to society. The campaign was streamed live on Five Gold Media's facebook and Instagram handles and is still available for viewing.

Five Gold Media Ltd is a media and communications company that operate within Nigeria's Entertainment Industry.

Re: Instead Of Owambe, She Walked Against Child Abuse On Her Fortieth Bday(photos) by Treasure17(m): 9:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
Good one and happy birthday.
Re: Instead Of Owambe, She Walked Against Child Abuse On Her Fortieth Bday(photos) by stancydg: 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2018
Treasure17:
Good one and happy birthday.

Thanks. God bless. Your children and those of your relatives shall not be victims of child abuse in Jesus' Precious Name.
Re: Instead Of Owambe, She Walked Against Child Abuse On Her Fortieth Bday(photos) by Treasure17(m): 9:50pm On Apr 03, 2018
stancydg:

Thanks. God bless. Your children and those of your relatives shall not be victims of child abuse in Jesus' Precious Name.
You welcome.. Amen and you too.
Re: Instead Of Owambe, She Walked Against Child Abuse On Her Fortieth Bday(photos) by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 04, 2018
Awesome.
Re: Instead Of Owambe, She Walked Against Child Abuse On Her Fortieth Bday(photos) by stancydg: 8:47am On Apr 04, 2018
Differential:
Awesome.

Many thanks
Re: Instead Of Owambe, She Walked Against Child Abuse On Her Fortieth Bday(photos) by stancydg: 8:49am On Apr 04, 2018
Mods abeg help push this to front page. Please.

Lalasticlala and others abeg.

(1) (Reply)

Update On The 15-year-old Girl Who Married A “demented” Man In Anambra / . / Your Family Deserve This Toilet System .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.