Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth (15167 Views)

Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) / Mum Forcefully Brushing Her Son's Teeth ( Hilarious Photo ) / How My 10-year-old Demonic House Girl Was Having Sex With My 2-year-old Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by llade(m): 10:26am On May 07, 2010
Please ma son is one year old and he has been completely weaned and started eating cooked food. I need advice on how to take care of his dental health. Thanks
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by chiosky(f): 12:39pm On May 07, 2010
Use a small towel with children's toothpaste(milk teeth) to clean him.
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Outstrip(f): 2:06pm On May 07, 2010
This is what I used for my boys but I think a wash cloth might be just as good like someone suggested
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by amodiaquin: 2:24pm On May 07, 2010
When my children were that age,I used cotton wool soaked in warm salt water to clean their teeth and gums and it worked. Later on, at about one and half years, they started using soft childrens brushes with a pea sized amount of childrens toothpaste.
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by ayettymama(f): 2:51pm On May 07, 2010
u can buy a kiddi brush i think and there is tooth gel for them too

if not u can use foam or cotton wool like everyone has said

or maybe some paco grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by llade(m): 2:52pm On May 07, 2010
u people are one in a million. Thanks to u all.
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Lovemee(f): 3:45pm On May 07, 2010
I use milk-teeth toothpaste with a wool for my 1 year old baby.
This was as soon as she started teething. The paste is from 0 - 6years.
Really nice cool
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 07, 2010
Outstrip:

This is what I used for my boys but I think a wash cloth might be just as good like someone suggested

Perfect, and baby toothpaste they are lots of them at the supermart
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Mobinga: 9:22am On May 13, 2010
Use charcoal and scrub
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Damysa(f): 9:27am On May 13, 2010
@IIade thanks for bringing  up this topic.

I wash my 1yr 3mths baby's teeth with a clean mouth towel in warm salted water but she cries each time.
infact that's the last thing she can take and I am wondering why she hates it alot.

Again at 1yr 3months she has only 4 teeth, 2 up 2down. people said it's normal that it happen in some babies but am apprehensive about it.

am worried kind of
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by eros(m): 9:49am On May 13, 2010
Very educative thread. I learnt a thing or two.

***Moves on to the next thread***
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by cassidy(f): 9:52am On May 13, 2010
My daughter is 1yr 4mths and brushing is one activity she does not like. Each time i ve to brush her teeth is always a struggle, i use a toothbrush for 6months old which i dont think is hard for and aqua fresh children paste.

please is this normal for kids?:
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by DoubleN(m): 10:07am On May 13, 2010
Mobinga:

Use charcoal and scrub
If na so ur MAMA do you, i wonder how you for be? shocked shocked
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Linguist(f): 10:18am On May 13, 2010
A simple wool with baby paste will do; try clean the gum, teeth and ur baby is good to go.
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by sayso: 10:37am On May 13, 2010
all the mother's asking if crying during brushing is normal,let me asnwer that,YES IS NORMAL,my 2years old boy/9 months old boy,their cries is like thunder in my head,honestly I do not know how my wife withstands that great thunder storm sound from the kids.
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by ud4u: 11:15am On May 13, 2010
Very educative, thanks to the contributors
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Godalone(m): 11:26am On May 13, 2010
Mobinga:

Use charcoal and scrub
You must be out of your senses. Mu-Mu na him you be.
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Nobody: 11:52am On May 13, 2010
cotton wool and a toothpaste will do i used it for my son but you can also use children brush. It normal for Children to cry when brushing
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by unclebros: 1:04pm On May 13, 2010
My wife and myself had same challenge with our son, though he is almost 3 now but the situation still persists.
Sometimes you have to be hard so that they wont have mouth odour in the future.
Take care
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by lovelynk(f): 1:40pm On May 13, 2010
My daughter is one yr old and has just two teeth.Up and none down.
She didnt start teething until she was 10 months.I asked her doc and he said there is nothing wrong as it takes some babies upt 15 months.
My auntie's daughter didnt start teething till she was 12 months but now she has a full set of teeth now,so relax.

BTW:is it ok to clean the babys teeth just once a day or do i need to clean at least twice a day as required for adults

Damysa:

@IIade thanks for bringing  up this topic.

I wash my 1yr 3mths baby's teeth with a clean mouth towel in warm salted water but she cries each time.
infact that's the last thing she can take and I am wondering why she hates it alot.

Again at 1yr 3months she has only 4 teeth, 2 up 2down. people said it's normal that it happen in some babies but am apprehensive about it.

am worried kind of
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by wealth2al(m): 2:22pm On May 13, 2010
it does n`t make any sense to brush the teeth of a baby cos it will still fall off.
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by PurestBoy(m): 2:46pm On May 13, 2010
Chewing stick will do just fine.
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Ajike: 2:56pm On May 13, 2010
My son is a one and half year. he will prefer to collect the brush from you and lick all d past on it. But whe i use cotton wool and warm salty water is always a thug of war btw me and him. so when i have his time i go for salty water but when i dont just give him d brush to pls himself.
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Tbantwana(f): 4:15pm On May 13, 2010
Very useful thread! You can also use toothwipes , don't know if they have them in the shops where you live. They are from Bennets & they come in a great apple flavor cheesy I also use a milk teeth brush (aquafresh & colgate supplies them) & kiddies toothpaste wink
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by AroOkigbo(m): 4:15pm On May 13, 2010
Mobinga:

Use charcoal and scrub
best answer. no microbe stands this treatment!!!
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Tuyis: 4:40pm On May 13, 2010
wealth2al:

it does n`t make any sense to brush the teeth of a baby cos it will still fall off.

Really? I'm sure you don't want a toddler with a bad breath!
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by mamagee3(f): 6:03pm On May 13, 2010
Use a soft cloth to clean the teeth, Don't use a toothbrush! tongue
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by denony(m): 6:20pm On May 13, 2010
don't have a child yet so i cant tell.
but i think using soft small towel and hot water will be ok
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by kokoye(m): 6:26pm On May 13, 2010
sand-paper can be used as well.

grin
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by bawomolo(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2010
i thought cotton wool was used?
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by Akosbaba(m): 7:04pm On May 13, 2010
@kokoye,lol
Re: How To Brush My One Year Old Son's Teeth by GlobalD2: 7:50pm On May 13, 2010
wealth2al:

Even before the arrival of the first few teeth, it is important to clean their gums with a cottonwool or soft cloth everyday. Brushing your baby teeth will make him/her healthy and he/she will be able to eat perfectly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? / My 16 Year Old Brother Still Bed-wetting / Baby Interrupting Parents During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.