Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,075 members, 7,828,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Mother-of-two Covered In Bubble-like Non Cancerous Tumors Cries Out For Help.. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mother-of-two Covered In Bubble-like Non Cancerous Tumors Cries Out For Help.. (552 Views)

Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? / Transformation Of Mother And Daughter With Facial Tumors (Photos) / Isi Atagamen Sakalis Got Pregnant Despite 9 Fibroid Tumors, Shares Her Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mother-of-two Covered In Bubble-like Non Cancerous Tumors Cries Out For Help.. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 03, 2018
By Andrea Downey, Digital Health Reporter, The Sun.

A MUM-of-two has been left covered in bubble-like tumours after pregnancy caused a flare-up of a rare disease.

Charmaine Sahadeo suffers from neurofibromatosis, a genetic disorder that causes non-cancerous growths.

Charmaine has thousands of tumours covering her face and body.

Charmaine has thousands of tumours covering her face and body.

The 38-year-old has always had the condition but says the growths weren’t obvious until the birth of her second son, Osiris, now 15.

Now, she has thousands of tumours covering her face and body, and three giant growths that engulf her right leg.

Charmaine, from Chaguanas, Trinidad, has had two surgeries to remove the bumps, but none were able to stop their growth.

Desperate to seek relief from her condition, which has left her too self-conscious to go outside, Charmaine is now seeking possible treatments in the UK, US and Australia.

She suffers from neurofibromatosis, a genetic disorder that causes non-cancerous growths.

“I have had the condition since birth, but it started getting a lot worse about 15 years ago,” she said.

“It’s very painful, especially my leg. Right now when I squeeze the bump something like a large blackhead comes out.

Neurofibromatosis Type 1 is caused by a gene mutation and causes the growth of tumours along the nerves in the skin, brain and other parts of the body.It affects around one to 25,000 people worldwide with varying degrees of severity.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/5929698/woman-pregnant-neurofibromatosis-disease-tumours/amp/

(1) (Reply)

Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated At The Federal Medical Centre Yola(photos / Nodular Scabies On The Penis / See What Someone Found Inside A Food She Ordered From A Restaurant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.