Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

I Can't Help Those Who Hate My Swags, Oluwo Tells Critics - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Can't Help Those Who Hate My Swags, Oluwo Tells Critics (503 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwo All Swagged Up, Says "I Got The Right Dose Of Swags" / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Help Those Who Hate My Swags, Oluwo Tells Critics by ewuzie7: 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2018
Embattled Oluwo of Iwoland in Osun state, Oba Adulrasheed Akanbi has said that he has the right as a king to bear Emir and other kingship titles in Nigeria like Obi/Igwe, Attah among others.

Oba Akanbi has been enmeshed in controversies following his adoption of Emir title at the last weekend.

The traditional ruler had denied abandoning his Oba title after condemnations trailed his comments.

But speaking on a radio programme on Rave Fm in Osogbo on Tuesday, Oluwo said "how can you abandon who you are? Can you abandon king for king? Oba is our own word. I am an Oba and I will remain Oba for life. I only said I can also be referred to as an Emir. I am the Emir of Yorubaland, I am the Igwe of Yorubaland and the Obi of Yorubaland."

"I can bear all titles of kings. We have to upgrade and update our traditional culture, else, we will go into extinction," he added.

He said he was starting a cultural revolution and that was the reason he would wear Emir regalia sometimes. He said whenever he adorn in this regalia, he is trying to make a statement.

He said this revolution he started would make Emirs and Sultans wear 'agbada' like a Yoruba and see every one in their domain as subjects who they would be responsible for.

He said northern traditional rulers admired his Emir regalia when even he puts it on but expressed concern that he was not getting support from Yoruba Obas and people.

He said some people have bad bellies against him stressing that he couldn't help them because they had succeeded in more popular.

"By saying that I can also be addressed as Emir, I talked metaphorically. But some bad bellied people are condemning me and telling lies against me. My enemies are making me known. God is using my enemies to promote me.

"Some people don't like the way I add swags. I can't help them. I want to upgrade our culture. I promote ofi dress and Emirs love my dressing."

Source: http://easternreporter.com/2018/04/03/i-cant-help-those-who-hate-my-swags-oluwo-tells-critics-insists-on-bearing-emir/

Re: I Can't Help Those Who Hate My Swags, Oluwo Tells Critics by taylor89(m): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2018
What an incredible Oba

Oba Lil Wayne
Re: I Can't Help Those Who Hate My Swags, Oluwo Tells Critics by kingsaif(m): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2018
I love Nigeria universities, their ID Card always come with rope incase you are tired of life.
Re: I Can't Help Those Who Hate My Swags, Oluwo Tells Critics by taylor89(m): 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2018
kingsaif:
I love Nigeria universities, their ID Card always come with rope incase you are tired of life.

Stale and outdated

Bring something new
Re: I Can't Help Those Who Hate My Swags, Oluwo Tells Critics by scaramenga: 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2018
grin gay oshi
Re: I Can't Help Those Who Hate My Swags, Oluwo Tells Critics by kingsaif(m): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
taylor89:

Stale and outdated

Bring something new
like telling you to mind your business?

(1) (Reply)

Art Exhibition Comparing Blacks To Animals In China (video) / Adorable Photo Of Oluwiwo Of Iwo And Dangote At Emir Palace In Kano / Masquerades Parade Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.