Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,538 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? (1028 Views)

Did Jesus Resurrect As A Spirit? / Leke Adeboye Attempts To Resurrect A Dead Man / Another Pastor Fails To Resurrect Man After Jumping Inside Grave [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 03, 2018
Was Jesus resurrected or did he resurrect himself?

Luke 24:34 For a Fact the Lord Was Raised Up
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by iamgenius(m): 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2018
Jesus of the Cross was resurrected by God. Don't forget that he is also God.

Have you ever watched a Yoruba movie whereby a warrior is beheaded, and his head which is on the ground will be chanting incantations, then he will carry his own head and fix it to his neck. That is exactly what happened.

4 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by enilove(m): 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2018
removetheturban:

The scripture you quoted above is wrong , this is the correct sentence :

Luke 24:34 KJV
Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.

Back to your question , see the answer below:

John 10:14-21 KJV
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep , and am known of mine.
[15] As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
[16] And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
[17] Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
[18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

[19] There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
[20] And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
[21] Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2018
enilove:

The scripture you quoted above is wrong , this is the correct sentence :
Is it that the scripture is wrong or the translation is wrong?
enilove:

Parsing the sentence using your version which has a present-perfect tense settles you on the same foundation that your grammar is built upon. The verb 'to be' as an auxiliary to a perfect tense suggests that the action was carried out on the subject. Eat this: she is taken; they were stolen; he was killed; he is risen; he is buried; he is remembered; you are loved; we are chosen; she is risen etc. Your flight landed on the same soil.

In the above sentences,

Nevertheless, KJV also said that he WAS RAISED in Romans 10:9. Why the disparity from you and KJV?
enilove:

Back to your question , see the answer below:

John 10:14-21 KJV
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep , and am known of mine.
[15] As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
[16] And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
[17] Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
[18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

[19] There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
[20] And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
[21] Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?
Jesus said that the power that you mentioned above was HANDED/GIVEN to him. Could he have lied?
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by enilove(m): 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
[quote .
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by enilove(m): 4:46pm On Apr 05, 2018
removetheturban:
Is it that the scripture is wrong or the translation is wrong?
Parsing the sentence using your version which has a present-perfect tense settles you on the same foundation that your grammar is built upon. The verb 'to be' as an auxiliary to a perfect tense suggests that the action was carried out on the subject. Eat this: she is taken; they were stolen; he was killed; he is risen; he is buried; he is remembered; you are loved; we are chosen; she is risen etc. Your flight landed on the same soil.

In the above sentences,

Nevertheless, KJV also said that he WAS RAISED in Romans 10:9. Why the disparity from you and KJV?
Jesus said that the power that you mentioned above was HANDED/GIVEN to him. Could he have lied?

The scriptures is the written words and we are not talking about translation here. .

The words "he is risen" does not indicate any action been carried out on the subject. What should the sentence be if Jesus rose up by himself ?

Romans 10:9 claimed Jesus was raised , but that was the believe of Paul the apostle.
The scriptures I quoted earlier and below is the words of Jesus himself , which is an authority :

John 10:17-18 KJV
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

Lastly , Jesus did not say he was GIVEN or HANDED the power in the above scriptures verse 18 last sentence.
He said "this COMMANDMENT ......."
Commandment is like an order , a directive , an instruction or command and not POWER.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Nobody: 5:37am On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:

The scriptures is the written words and we are not talking about translation here. .
Your initial comment was definitely about translation. Check it!
enilove:

The words "he is risen" does not indicate any action been carried out on the subject. What should the sentence be if Jesus rose up by himself ?
You have it in your comment already, "He rose".
enilove:

Romans 10:9 claimed Jesus was raised , but that was the believe of Paul the apostle.
Still on the same grammar rule "WAS RAISED". As a follow-up question, one would ask, "by who?"
If you claim that it was the belief of apostle Paul, do you refute it? Would you refer to someone as an apostle and yet refute his account?
enilove:

The scriptures I quoted earlier and below is the words of Jesus himself , which is an authority :
Ludicrous! Are you segregating the content of the scriptures? Is it now Jesus against the apostles? If you go by that, Jesus himself said in John 17:3 that he is not the true God. John 20:17 that he has a God who is also OUR God. John 3:16 that God sent him. Matthew 27:46 He cried out "My God!".
The question now , could he have been deceiving us by calling on himself?

enilove:

John 10:17-18 KJV
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

Lastly , Jesus did not say he was GIVEN or HANDED the power in the above scriptures verse 18 last sentence.
He said "this COMMANDMENT ......."
Commandment is like an order , a directive , an instruction or command and not POWER.
Pay heed to your quote, "This commandment have I received of my Father." Does that line strike any thought in you? "RECEIVED". However you choose to use your proposition, it falls under the same thought. The main verb there is "received" and the correct preposition to follow is "from". For the sake of argument, let us flow with "of" as used in the KJV (which other Bible editions corrected. And, you can see that the Greek translation does not support it as well). The preposition "of" tells us the possessor of the commandment. Bring it home to yourself by using local examples and you may understand it better.
For example:

This letter have I receive of you.

This report have I received of you.

This news have I received of my father.

Figure it out.
enilove:

Lastly , Jesus did not say he was GIVEN or HANDED the power
Why did Jesus say this in Matthew 28:18 ... "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me?
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Maamin(m): 10:20am On Apr 06, 2018
KJV even used the word "power"

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Who gave him the power? wink

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by enilove(m): 10:42am On Apr 06, 2018
Op, from the beginning of this thread, till now ,you have been trying to twist words to suit your purpose, which is very wrong.

You asked whether Jesus was resurrected by God or Jesus resurrected himself by quoting Luke 24:34. You claimed that the written words there is " for a fact the Lord is raised up ".

The Luke 24:34 is not the scripture but the location of the scripture. The written words " for a fact the Lord....." is the scripture. This was what I said was wrong and it has nothing to do with translation since you are not quoting from the Greek or Hebrew version. You only chose to twist the grammatical context.

The right scripture is this :

You are claiming that the sentence "the Lord is risen " means action was carried on the subject . This shows you have problems with English grammar or you are just trying to twist things to have your way.

The verb : 'rise' means to get up with one's own effort without the help of somebody else.
The verb does not have an object , as you claimed .

The 3 forms of ' rise ' are :
Rise ..... Present tense,
Rose ..... Past tense,
Risen....... Perfect tense.

The sun rises in the morning......PRESENT TENSE.
My father rose to attend to me ....PAST TENSE.
The sky is bright because d sun has risen...... Present perfect tense.

The verb "rise" is an intransitive verb while the verb "raise" is a transitive verb.

The verb "raise" means to cause or help to rise to a standing position.

From my explanation above, the scripture you quoted saying Jesus was "raised " is not the same with " Jesus is "risen", as written in KJV.

Jesus is not deceiving anyone. He says "he is one with his Father". He calls God his "God" and "Father" in the Bible. Jesus does not equate himself with God , the Father.
You cannot say because a lion was given birth to make it less powerful . Jesus Christ has the power like God the Father.
He can create and destroy just like the Father.

Lastly, Jesus said all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to him by God the Father . There is a difference between Authority and Power.
Authority is like "right to do something's" ,"warrant", "command" , "ground".
Authority without power is useless .
God gave Jesus His consent to do as he wants in heaven , on earth and underneath the earth. He has power to punish and pardon.

Think on the below:

John 10:29-38 KJV
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
[30] I and my Father are one.
[31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
[32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? [33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
[34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
[36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
[37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
[38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Mark 2:4-12 KJV
And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.
[5] When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
[6] But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
[7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
[8] And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?
[9] Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
[10] But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
[11] I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.
[12] And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:
Op, from the beginning of this thread, till now ,you have been trying to twist words to suit your purpose, which is very wrong.

You asked whether Jesus was resurrected by God or Jesus resurrected himself by quoting Luke 24:34. You claimed that the written words there is " for a fact the Lord is raised up ".

The Luke 24:34 is not the scripture but the location of the scripture. The written words " for a fact the Lord....." is the scripture. This was what I said was wrong and it has nothing to do with translation since you are not quoting from the Greek or Hebrew version. You only chose to twist the grammatical context.

The right scripture is this :

to help you achieved a firm grasp of the truth, scripture means a "writing" or "document". If you had talked about translation, you would have been understood but you are talking about the scripture and you feel that you are referring to a verse or excerpt. The scripture is actually a collection of books. The Bible is made up of the Hebrew and Greek scriptures. Each scripture has many books and each book has one or many chapters.
Therefore, saying that my quote is wrong and yours is right means that you discredit the Bible translation that I posted.
Luke 24:34 who said: “For a fact the Lord was raised up, and he appeared to Simon!” NWT
enilove:

You are claiming that the sentence "the Lord is risen " means action was carried on the subject . This shows you have problems with English grammar or you are just trying to twist things to have your way.

The verb : 'rise' means to get up with one's own effort without the help of somebody else.
The verb does not have an object , as you claimed .

The 3 forms of ' rise ' are :
Rise ..... Present tense,
Rose ..... Past tense,
Risen....... Perfect tense.

The sun rises in the morning......PRESENT TENSE.
My father rose to attend to me ....PAST TENSE.
The sky is bright because d sun has risen...... Present perfect tense.

The verb "rise" is an intransitive verb while the verb "raise" is a transitive verb.

The verb "raise" means to cause or help to rise to a standing position.

From my explanation above, the scripture you quoted saying Jesus was "raised " is not the same with " Jesus is "risen", as written in KJV.
I am glad that you have a first-rate knowledge of English grammar, to begin with. Nonetheless, you must have missed out on the opportunity to use it practically in your explanation above because you omitted the auxiliary verb and dwelled on the main verb. That slider is what you need to understand that the auxiliary has a fundamental function in that sentence. "He is risen" is a present perfect tense. Like I told you, the use of the verb 'to be' as an auxiliary before the main verb takes the action away from the subject.
We are forsaken
She is taken
He is risen
It is broken
enilove:

Jesus is not deceiving anyone. He says "he is one with his Father". He calls God his "God" and "Father" in the Bible. Jesus does not equate himself with God , the Father.
You cannot say because a lion was given birth to make it less powerful . Jesus Christ has the power like God the Father.
He can create and destroy just like the Father.
But he says that all power(according to your Bible, the KJV) was GIVEN unto him. If Jesus doesn't equate himself to God, why do you? Your illustration of the Lion given birth is confusing. Is Jesus the Lion who gave birth to God?
enilove:

Lastly, Jesus said all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to him by God the Father . There is a difference between Authority and Power.
Authority is like "right to do something's" ,"warrant", "command" , "ground".
Authority without power is useless .
God gave Jesus His consent to do as he wants in heaven , on earth and underneath the earth. He has power to punish and pardon.
But the KJV from which you have been quoting used "power" in place of authority. What should we do about that?
Which did Jesus receive from God authority or Power?
enilove:

Think on the below:

John 10:29-38 KJV
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
[30] I and my Father are one.
[31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
[32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? [33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
[34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
[36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
[37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
[38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Mark 2:4-12 KJV
And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.
[5] When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
[6] But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
[7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
[8] And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?
[9] Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
[10] But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
[11] I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.
[12] And immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went forth before them all; insomuch that they were all amazed, and glorified God, saying, We never saw it on this fashion.

Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by enilove(m): 2:04pm On Apr 06, 2018
removetheturban:
to help you achieved a firm grasp of the truth, scripture means a "writing" or "document". If you had talked about translation, you would have been understood but you are talking about the scripture and you feel that you are referring to a verse or excerpt. The scripture is actually a collection of books. The Bible is made up of the Hebrew and Greek scriptures. Each scripture has many books and each book has one or many chapters.
Therefore, saying that my quote is wrong and yours is right means that you discredit the Bible translation that I posted.
Luke 24:34 who said: “For a fact the Lord was raised up, and he appeared to Simon!” NWT
I am glad that you have a first-rate knowledge of English grammar, to begin with. Nonetheless, you must have missed out on the opportunity to use it practically in your explanation above because you omitted the auxiliary verb and dwelled on the main verb. That slider is what you need to understand that the auxiliary has a fundamental function in that sentence. "He is risen" is a present perfect tense. Like I told you, the use of the verb 'to be' as an auxiliary before the main verb takes the action away from the subject.
We are forsaken
She is taken
He is risen
It is broken
But he says that all power(according to your Bible, the KJV) was GIVEN unto him. If Jesus doesn't equate himself to God, why do you? Your illustration of the Lion given birth is confusing. Is Jesus the Lion who gave birth to God?
But the KJV from which you have been quoting used "power" in place of authority. What should we do about that?
Which did Jesus receive from God authority or Power?

The Bible comprises of many scriptures , that is , many written words of God. The Luke 24:34 is part of the scriptures . That was why I told you the scripture you quoted was wrong.

What auxiliary verb is there in " he is risen" ? Did you see the verb " to be " in " he is risen ".

Go back and read my previous post. Why should a simple and direct sentence be so difficult for you ?

" He is raised " is not the same as " he is risen" , period.
I don't post just for posting sake.

If you don't understand that " he is risen " means "Jesus is risen" , that is left to you.
"Jesus is raised" is not the same as "Jesus is risen" , which is a present perfect tense.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2018
enilove:

The Bible comprises of many scriptures , that is , many written words of God. The Luke 24:34 is part of the scriptures . That was why I told you the scripture you quoted was wrong.
I hear you.
enilove:

What auxiliary verb is there in " he is risen" ? Did you see the verb " to be " in " he is risen ".
"Is' is widely known as the verb "to be". Yes, there is a verb to be in "he is risen" and it is "is" which serves as an auxiliary verb.
Another example is "she is taken".
enilove:

Go back and read my previous post. Why should a simple and direct sentence be so difficult for you ?
Because you have failed to grasp that you are not in touch with the truth. The examples in my comments are to guide you to better understanding.
enilove:

" He is raised " is not the same as " he is risen" , period.
You seem to be correct yet stuck in a mud of confusion. I posted a verse from a modern English Bible but you insisted that 'the scripture is wrong' and rather posted a verse from KJV in Shakespearean English. Now, you are the same one having difficulties in understanding. You are using a Shakespearean English Bible and at the same time contending with new English grammar. Either must go for you to move on, your first-rate knowledge of English grammar or your Shakespearean Bible.
Me: The Lord Was Raised Up!
You: He is risen
enilove:

I don't post just for posting sake.
If you don't understand that " he is risen " means "Jesus is risen" , that is left to you.
You need to settle to see the intricate fact shown to you.
enilove:

"Jesus is raised" is not the same as "Jesus is risen" , which is a present perfect tense.
What is the difference to you?
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by enilove(m): 11:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
removetheturban:
I hear you.
"Is' is widely known as the verb "to be". Yes, there is a verb to be in "he is risen" and it is "is" which serves as an auxiliary verb.
Another example is "she is taken".
Because you have failed to grasp that you are not in touch with the truth. The examples in my comments are to guide you to better understanding.
You seem to be correct yet stuck in a mud of confusion. I posted a verse from a modern English Bible but you insisted that 'the scripture is wrong' and rather posted a verse from KJV in Shakespearean English. Now, you are the same one having difficulties in understanding. You are using a Shakespearean English Bible and at the same time contending with new English grammar. Either must go for you to move on, your first-rate knowledge of English grammar or your Shakespearean Bible.
Me: The Lord Was Raised Up!
You: He is risen
You need to settle to see the intricate fact shown to you. What is the difference to you?

Are you saying that the sentence " he is raised " is not diff from the sentence "he is risen" ?

He is raised means he is helped to rise.
He is risen means he rose by himself without help.

There is no need to continue with this thread.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 07, 2018
enilove:

Are you saying that the sentence " he is raised " is not diff from the sentence "he is risen" ?

There is no need to continue with this thread.
I have tried to help you with this, bro. You should learn.
You need to know that time has changed. Look up the meaning of obsolete and match your finding with your calendar. You are in two separate epochs. You need to be fully initiated into this new age.
He is risen=She is taken
compare the two and ask yourself if your analysis above is correct.
Does 'she is taken' mean that she took herself without a help?

Welcome to grammar 101
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by prinzfavian(m): 11:13am On Apr 07, 2018
iamgenius:
Jesus of the Cross was resurrected by God. Don't forget that he is also God.

Have you ever watched a Yoruba movie whereby a warrior is beheaded, and his head which is on the ground will be chanting incantations, then he will carry his own head and fix it to his neck. That is exactly what happened.
Haaaaaaaaaaa.... See how confidently you said this as if its true. Smh
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by enilove(m): 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
removetheturban:
I have tried to help you with this, bro. You should learn.
You need to know that time has changed. Look up the meaning of obsolete and match your finding with your calendar. You are in two separate epochs. You need to be fully initiated into this new age.
He is risen=She is taken
compare the two and ask yourself if your analysis above is correct.
Does 'she is taken' mean that she took herself without a help?

Welcome to grammar 101

It is a pity , your type will claim to be a graduate , isn't it ?

"she is taken " & "he is taken " are alike but not "he is risen".

This is secondary school level English grammar .

Is it not funny to say " welcome to grammar 101 to your lecturer , who had gone past that level more than 20 years ago?

For the last time , I will explain this again.

Matthew 14:1-2 KJV
At that time Herod the tetrarch heard of the fame of Jesus,
[2] And said unto his servants, This is John the Baptist; he is risen from the dead; and therefore mighty works do shew forth themselves in him.

Matthew 28:5-7 KJV
And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
[6] He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
[7] And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

The word ' rise ' is a transitive verb. It means to get up with one's own effort without d help of somebody else.

Jesus rose from the dead by his power .He told his disciples this in :

John 10:15-18 KJV
As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

That power to lay down his life and take it up again is what is described above as "he is risen". It is not the same as "he is raised".

The 3 forms of the verb "rise" are ; ' rise' , rose, and 'risen'.
Ex.
The sun rises in d morng ( present tense )
He "rose " from his bed ( past tense )
The sky is bright because the sun is "risen"( Present perfect ).

The word "raised"is an intransitive verb which means to lift or elevate. The verb must have a complement. Like the example you gave , " she was raised " . It means someone complemented her effort to get upright.

The forms are , raised / raised /raised.
Ex.
At times d coy "raises" the prices of essential goods....PRESENT TENSE.

The govt has " raised " d price of petrol......PAST TENSE.

In summary , Jesus resurrected himself and was not ressurected and was the reason the Bible says " he is risen" and not " he is raised ".

Raised and rise are different verbs with diff. meanings.

That is final from me on this issue .
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Dacronym(m): 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2018
Pls I have a Honest question somewhat related to the topic
If people's spirit/soul leave their body to Heaven/Hell when they Die how is Jesus' death now a Sacrifice plus he was in the Grave until the third day
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2018
enilove:

It is a pity , your type will claim to be a graduate , isn't it ?

"she is taken " & "he is taken " are alike but not "he is risen".

This is secondary school level English grammar .

Is it not funny to say " welcome to grammar 101 to your lecturer , who had gone past that level more than 20 years ago?

For the last time , I will explain this again.

Matthew 14:1-2 KJV
At that time Herod the tetrarch heard of the fame of Jesus,
[2] And said unto his servants, This is John the Baptist; he is risen from the dead; and therefore mighty works do shew forth themselves in him.

Matthew 28:5-7 KJV
And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
[6] He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
[7] And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

The word ' rise ' is a transitive verb. It means to get up with one's own effort without d help of somebody else.

Jesus rose from the dead by his power .He told his disciples this in :

John 10:15-18 KJV
As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

That power to lay down his life and take it up again is what is described above as "he is risen". It is not the same as "he is raised".

The 3 forms of the verb "rise" are ; ' rise' , rose, and 'risen'.
Ex.
The sun rises in d morng ( present tense )
He "rose " from his bed ( past tense )
The sky is bright because the sun is "risen"( Present perfect ).

The word "raised"is an intransitive verb which means to lift or elevate. The verb must have a complement. Like the example you gave , " she was raised " . It means someone complemented her effort to get upright.

The forms are , raised / raised /raised.
Ex.
At times d coy "raises" the prices of essential goods....PRESENT TENSE.

The govt has " raised " d price of petrol......PAST TENSE.

In summary , Jesus resurrected himself and was not ressurected and was the reason the Bible says " he is risen" and not " he is raised ".

Raised and rise are different verbs with diff. meanings.

That is final from me on this issue .

Slow down, buddy! Calm down! We ain't at war. Like I said, you live in two separate worlds. You are trying to force your doctrine down people's throat without grasping the meaning of what you are saying. Stop feeling too knowledgeable, look into what I showed you. Your analysis above is futile. You may choose to either stick to old English or modern English.

The boldened above is the best in mediocrity. Just stop!

The Lord is risen (correct - Shakespearean)
The Lord was raised up (correct - Modern)
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2018
Dacronym:

Pls I have a Honest question somewhat related to the topic
If people's spirit/soul leave their body to Heaven/Hell when they Die how is Jesus' death now a Sacrifice plus he was in the Grave until the third day
It is a false doctrine taught by heretics that the soul leaves the body and ascends to heaven. Jesus told us that people are in their graves. His friend Lazarus died and his soul never left his body. God called man dust in the book of Genesis 3:19 and he himself said that man WILL RETURN TO THE DUST. Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.

Jesus said in John 5:28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out ...

Apostle Paul wrote in Acts 24:15 And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

The above was written many years after Jesus ascended to the heaven.

The first century Christians did not believe that people's souls go to the heaven leaving their bodies behind. Martha who was with Jesus had the hope that People will be resurrected on the last day. In John 11:23 Jesus said to her: “Your brother will rise.” 24 Martha said to him: “I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day.”

Jesus was the propitiatory sacrifice for all who recognize it to establish the perfect relationship with God and of living forever under a perfect and peaceful government by God and his son, Jesus both in heaven and on earth. Revelation 21:3-4

Figure this, if every good person went to heaven, who would be resurrected on the last day?

With the effervescence that people hold on to the belief of living in the heaven with God, do you think that anyone would agree to depart heaven and be resurrected again on this earth? Your guess is obvious.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Dacronym(m): 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2018
removetheturban:
It is a false doctrine taught by heretics that the soul leaves the body and ascends to heaven. Jesus told us that people are in their graves. His friend Lazarus died and his soul never left his body. God called man dust in the book of Genesis 3:19 and he himself said that man WILL RETURN TO THE DUST. Genesis 3:19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.

Jesus said in John 5:28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out ...

Apostle Paul wrote in Acts 24:15 And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

The above was written many years after Jesus ascended to the heaven.

The first century Christians did not believe that people's souls go to the heaven leaving their bodies behind. Martha who was with Jesus had the hope that People will be resurrected on the last day. In John 11:23 Jesus said to her: “Your brother will rise.” 24 Martha said to him: “I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day.”

Jesus was the propitiatory sacrifice for all who recognize it to establish the perfect relationship with God and of living forever under a perfect and peaceful government by God and his son, Jesus both in heaven and on earth. Revelation 21:3-4

Figure this, if every good person went to heaven, who would be resurrected on the last day?

With the effervescence that people hold on to the belief of living in the heaven with God, do you think that anyone would agree to depart heaven and be resurrected again on this earth? Your guess is obvious.
OK
Who aew Heretics
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Ken4Christ: 10:51pm On Apr 07, 2018
removetheturban:

All of the above.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by orisa37: 11:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
"For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate: He suffered death and was buried. On thr third day He rose again in accordance with the scriptures; He ascended into Heaven. The Holy Spirit is working.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Neurotika: 3:05am On Apr 08, 2018
If you believe all those resurrection crap, I have an island to sell to you on the Pacific.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Neurotika: 3:07am On Apr 08, 2018
If you believe the resurrection crap, I have an island to sell to you on the Pacific.
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 08, 2018
A person holding or teaching an opinion contrary to the truth found in the Bible.
Dacronym:

OK
Who aew Heretics
Re: Did Jesus Resurrect Himself Or Was He Resurrected? by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 08, 2018
Apostle Peter who was with Jesus during his lifetime on earth told a large crowd the truth in Acts 2:24
But God raised Him from the dead,
Apostle Peter told a large crowd that you are blaspheming against God and Jesus by saying "he rose again".
Do you worship the same God that Peter worshipped?
Are you referring to the same Jesus as Peter?
Acts 2:32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it.
Are you among the witnesses?
orisa37:
"For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate:
He suffered death and was buried.
On thr third day He rose again in accordance with the scriptures;
He ascended into Heaven.
The Holy Spirit is working.

(1) (Reply)

/ Ye Are -gods! / Most Of You Who Call Themselves Christians Have You Seen Christ Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.