Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,480 members, 7,843,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Water Situation In Lekki Axis - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Water Situation In Lekki Axis (2036 Views)

Letting Lekki Axis. Come Inside. / 10 Must See Properties For Rent In Oniru, Lekki Axis, Nicon Town And Lekki Ph 1 / Several Plots Of Land For Sale @ Ajah-lekki Axis With Government Gazette. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Water Situation In Lekki Axis by babaeko1: 12:50pm On May 07, 2010
I was living in Lekki phase 1 recently and I noticed that despite the high prices of real estate within the area, getting clean clear water still seems like a mission. In my case, we have
@borehole: the water isnt clear and a little brown. We have to leave it in the tank for some time to settle.
@water cooperation: the water isnt clear and a little brown even though its being paid for.

I want to know if its possible to have clear water in Lekki, also are there other areas in the Axis where the water is clear.

Thanks all.
Re: Water Situation In Lekki Axis by liftedone(f): 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2010
I wonder if you have your answer yet. I'll just give you a first hand experience.

I lived in Lekki from 2007 till sometime last year and though I now stay in VGC I am mostly in Lekki at my sister's place. Until exactly a month ago, they bought water. They only succeeded with a borehole last month, which is still suspect and the water is hard and it's not used for cooking, but just other domestic stuff like bathing, washing etc. This was like the fourth or fifth attempt, even trying an industrial borehole which failed. Most of their neighbors have had the same exprience and resort to buying water or getting the one that comes from the public taps which is actually brown and if you leave it for sometime and it settles you can see the mud at the bottom of the bucket. Pretty sad.

I personally think that the water problem is peculiar to Lekki 1. I think the further down you go on the axis, the success rate of boreholes is better than in Lekki. Moreover, most of the private estates like Nicon Town, Northern Foreshore, Friends Colony etc don't seem to have problem with water as the estates have their own mini water works. VGC, definitely has good water from my experience. I know that when my sister and her family lived in Sangotedo, there was never a problem with the water.

So, yea, IMO, it's a Lekki problem. That's why water tanker business thrives on this axis.

(1) (Reply)

Mini Flat: N60k-n150k/annum, 2 Bedroom: N130k-n200k/annum, 3 Bedroom Flat: N180k-n350k/annum @ Ikor / To Let At Abraham Adesanya Estate Ajah / Buy Used Burglary Proof Iron Door And Window Guard N15,000 Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.