Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria (25391 Views)

Remote Job High Pay VS Traveling To Canada For Greener Pasture / How To Get A High Paying Job In 4 Months In Nigeria / #Youth4President2019 Is RECRUITING Work From Home State Reps with High Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by dauddy97(m): 8:22am On Apr 05, 2018
mummyjess:
Can I learn any of these courses online without leaving my home because I am a nursing mum? which is easier to learn n profitable?
good morning ma. Dont mind thoes people asking to pay b4 teaching you. As u have asked, you can learn all these stuff at the comfort of ur home with dedication. Let me use myself as an example. I learn web design and web development alone using youtube. All u need are all on youtube. You just need time and dedication ma. I am in my year one now studing ind. Mathematics. And i have been assing most of our computer science in one area or the other. Also,take time to read online. Cheers!
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Damcomolux(m): 8:35am On Apr 05, 2018
That Nice
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Bossman(m): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2018
You can pretty much learn these things on your own. All the books/tools you need are available freely on the internet. You just need a computer and off you go. It will take some time and effort of course. Tons of info inn the programming forum.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by excellgraphics(m): 9:00am On Apr 05, 2018
mummyjess:
Can I learn any of these courses online without leaving my home because I am a nursing mum? which is easier to learn n profitable?
of course you can,check my profile for more or whats-app me;08074901853,am a professional graphics designer and video editing and i have train over 30 people online.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by nextprince: 9:05am On Apr 05, 2018
askifa1:
It’s no longer news that everything is going digital; with the anticipation of 5G and internet of things (IoT), it is expected that in the next decade everything would have been connected to the internet. Organisations are largely tilting towards digitalizing operations and recruitment objectives are fast shifting towards ICT skills than other fields.

Hence, there is a digital revolution that is sweeping off the usual classroom learning and degrees to online skill acquisition and certifications. Nevertheless, here’s a list of seven skills that are now on demand in Nigeria.

Content Development

Content development in simple terms is writing or originating content for any medium. These content developers often use their skills, knowledge, and experience in software and programming as well as web-based technology to create and update content for websites; a medium of marketing products and ideas to consumers.

Graphic Design

Graphic design is the art and practice of planning and projecting ideas and experiences with visual and textual content. It is the act of crafting scenes and images using visual media such as photographs, drawings, and computer-generated images. Graphic Designers are professionals whose works are used to market products and ideas.

Social Media Management

Social media management allows brands to engage consumers quickly and efficiently in order to address their concerns or reward them for fan content. It includes social listening, social analytics, and social engagement. Using a wide range of available tools, a social media manager can help you schedule and analyze your social media marketing campaigns whilst also making money for the brand.

Web Development

Web development broadly refers to the tasks associated with developing websites for hosting via the internet. The web development process includes web design, web content development and network security configuration among other tasks. Web development ranges from creating plain text pages to complex web-based applications, social network applications, and electronic business applications.

Video Editing

Video editing is the process of directing and rearranging video shots to create a new work. Editing is usually considered to be one part of the post-production process which basically includes cutting segments (trimming), re-sequencing clips and adding transitions among other special effects.

Database Management

Database management has become more important as the volume of business data has hugely grown. Database management comprises a number of proactive techniques to prevent damaging effects of data growth. It also allows a person to organize, store and retrieve data from a computer. Database administrators use specialized software to store and organize data.

Business Development

Business development refers to activities designed to expand your organization’s reach into a new market. The priority of a business development executive is to assist companies acquire new customers and sell additional products or services to existing ones; this means the role is a crucial one for any business with the ambition to expand or the necessity to diversify its clientele.

This is not to say that your degrees are not relevant; however, you need more than that to survive in the job market. The world is moving at top speed and it is advisable to possess relevant skills and set your career on the right path

Read More >>> www.askifa.ng
Nice
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by shurch(m): 9:05am On Apr 05, 2018
Me that I have ccna ND ccnp sef how much b my salary undecided

2 Likes

Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Diso60090(m): 9:06am On Apr 05, 2018
Ignyte:

I can teach you web design and I've got someone on my team that can take you graphic design, if you're a quick learner... I'm in Makurdi... Whatsapp: 07037534762

My name is Peter and I have handled classes in makurdi. See here: http://www.techurbs.com/2017/05/benue-tech-forumbtf-successfully-rounds.html?m=1

Lets discuss costs there... I look forward to hearing from you!

No bros you look forward to scam him
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Tex42(m): 9:14am On Apr 05, 2018
shurch:
is it that bad...

Thinking of enrolling for ccna class and hopefully writing the certification exams somewhere time this year or next.

What do u advice bro... Do u see any prospect in CISCO networking in the future?

Thanks...!
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Priceless200(f): 9:20am On Apr 05, 2018
I want to learn too. Which websites are the best.? And when you learn online do they give certificates? Like the ones you can present for jobs.

Who can teach in Abuja abeg? Graphic design and coding?
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by preciousnobel(m): 9:32am On Apr 05, 2018
Offpoint:
I've so much knowledge, but I need a super computer.

Rendering a video with a 8gb RAM is annoying
You mean an 8gig RAM PC can't do video editing well?
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by CeeKay17: 9:37am On Apr 05, 2018
Tex42:
is it that bad...

Thinking of enrolling for ccna class and hopefully writing the certification exams somewhere time this year or next.

What do u advice bro... Do u see any prospect in CISCO networking in the future?

Thanks...!
Same here too. I have Security+ certification already. I just feel like IT is not a rewarding profession in Nigeria
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by excellgraphics(m): 9:41am On Apr 05, 2018
Priceless200:
I want to learn too. Which websites are the best.? And when you learn online do they give certificates? Like the ones you can present for jobs.

I can teach you graphics design without living your comfort zone,for more info,check my profile or whatsapp 08074901853.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by unearthed(m): 9:47am On Apr 05, 2018
Priceless200:

can help you with Web design/development online class. if interested, whatsapp 07032506698.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Offpoint: 9:49am On Apr 05, 2018
preciousnobel:

You mean an 8gig RAM PC can't do video editing well?
it can but hey.... it's still as slow as hell...unless you dedicate such a PC to only that purpose
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by TourismMan(m): 9:56am On Apr 05, 2018
Offpoint:
I've so much knowledge, but I need a super computer.

Rendering a video with a 8gb RAM is annoying

What do you mean by super computer? The configuration? As in the type of components used in setting the system?
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by TheTakeOver: 9:58am On Apr 05, 2018
mummyjess:

Don't pay anyone in Nigeria to teach you software or other IT related stuff, use that money to buy data and learn stuff on YouTube or other online media, you will learn at your space and also its limitless, your local tutors is more likely limited. Be ready to put in so much time if you want to be the best, I have never gone to any ICT institutions in Nigeria, because the few guys I contracted then to teach me some stuff were just using one old handout like that, and this where same guys teaching at big firms, I'm very good at most softwares all on an average of 80%. But there is a particular one I want to take to 200%, just waiting for inflow to get a machine as even my 8gb memory system is now like a tortoise when it come to speed.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Offpoint: 10:35am On Apr 05, 2018
TourismMan:

What do you mean by super computer? The configuration? As in the type of components used in setting the system?
configuration bro...
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by simiolu1(m): 11:19am On Apr 05, 2018
Ignyte:

For a web design crash course, I can hook you up a ten day (or less training for 15k) I can refer you to people that will charge more sha.

In my training you will learn how to set up:
1. Blog
2. E-commerce site (Online store with all its features)
3. Forum
4. Social Network
5. Portfolio site

Sorry to call you out but a web design crash course has nothing to do with how to set up blogs, e-commerce websites, social networks etc...

Those are web development projects. You should be more interested in teaching people who want to learn web design HTML, CSS and JS! While HTML may be a walk in the park, you and I know that CSS and JS are not.

Stop potraying web design as web development. They are not the same

1 Like

Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Kheney89: 11:29am On Apr 05, 2018
Need help on database management. What Programming language do i need to start with? Anyone in Calabar!
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by AkProsper(m): 11:46am On Apr 05, 2018
JixNation:
I'd love to learn web developement/designing or graphic designing,how much would it cost me?

And what is the duration of the cours(se), location is Makurdi.

I'll recommend YouTube. There are lot or videos that teaches web design and development. that's how and where I learned it. Just prepare your mind and watch as much as you can. start steadily. you can start with how to create a blog on blogger, WordPress, how to create a website, etc.

you can use AIRTEL or Mtn night plan of N25 for 500MB to download them.

Wish you well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by AkProsper(m): 11:47am On Apr 05, 2018
mummyjess:
yes you can. there are lots of tutorials on YouTube
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 05, 2018
AkProsper:

I'll recommend YouTube. There are lot or videos that teaches web design and development. that's how and where I learned it. Just prepare your mind and watch as much as you can. start steadily. you can start with how to create a blog on blogger, WordPress, how to create a website, etc.

you can use AIRTEL or Mtn night plan of N25 for 500MB to download them.

Wish you well.

-Thanks blood.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Emmysteve(m): 11:56am On Apr 05, 2018
excellgraphics:
of course you can,check my profile for more or whats-app me;08074901853,am a professional graphics designer and video editing and i have train over 30 people online.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by pussygotlips: 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2018
olahero:
Thank God, I makes the list, #TeamGraphixDesigner.

Still receiving the two of the list as alternate.
Baba how do you earn as a graphic designer?
Help a bro, i have been on fiverr but sales are not coming.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by mummyjess: 12:03pm On Apr 05, 2018
dauddy97:
good morning ma. Dont mind thoes people asking to pay b4 teaching you. As u have asked, you can learn all these stuff at the comfort of ur home with dedication. Let me use myself as an example. I learn web design and web development alone using youtube. All u need are all on youtube. You just need time and dedication ma. I am in my year one now studing ind. Mathematics. And i have been assing most of our computer science in one area or the other. Also,take time to read online. Cheers!
Thank u so much for ur input. I didn't know one can learn these skills on YouTube. will start researching Asap.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Ignyte(m): 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2018
simiolu1:

Sorry to call you out but a web design crash course has nothing to do with how to set up blogs, e-commerce websites, social networks etc...

Those are web development projects. You should be more interested in teaching people who want to learn web design HTML, CSS and JS! While HTML may be a walk in the park, you and I know that CSS and JS are not.

Stop potraying web design as web development. They are not the same

Sorry bros, according to google search results: "Web designers use various design programs such as Adobe Photoshop to create the layout and other visual elements of the website. ... Web developers use HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and other programming languages to bring to life the design files."

Now, I'm teaching the individual WordPress and I show him all the things I mention. Is it web development?? Wordpress is a CMS that only helps you customize the look and feel alongside certain behavior of the site. Biko, if I teach him how to setup e-commerce with WordPress na still design I show am... The gyy wants to learn web design and I am going to teach him web design.

If I wanted to teach HTML and CSS, Php and JS I for no write ten days there... Him no fit learn those things in ten days. He didnt write that he wanted to learn web development. Thank you for your input sha. God bless you!
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Mrluv(m): 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
TheTakeOver:

Don't pay anyone in Nigeria to teach you software or other IT related stuff, use that money to buy data and learn stuff on YouTube or other online media, you will learn at your space and also its limitless, your local tutors is more likely limited. Be ready to put in so much time if you want to be the best, I have never gone to any ICT institutions in Nigeria, because the few guys I contracted then to teach me some stuff were just using one old handout like that, and this where same guys teaching at big firms, I'm very good at most softwares all on an average of 80%. But there is a particular one I want to take to 200%, just waiting for inflow to get a machine as even my 8gb memory system is now like a tortoise when it come to speed.
pls bro can i learnt all this stuff with my android phone since i dont have pc
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Tex42(m): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2018
CeeKay17:

Same here too. I have Security+ certification already. I just feel like IT is not a rewarding profession in Nigeria
security as in ccna security?

These comments aren't encouraging at all! Imagine after investing so much resources and time to acquire these certifications, then months and years go by without at least a fairly paying job.

This country though...
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by Pentools(m): 1:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
shurch:

Hahahaha.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by TheTakeOver: 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
Mrluv:
pls bro can i learnt all this stuff with my android phone since i dont have pc

Yes but its like learning how to drive without a car.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by TheTakeOver: 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2018
Tex42:
security as in ccna security?

These comments aren't encouraging at all! Imagine after investing so much resources and time to acquire these certifications, then months and years go by without at least a fairly paying job.

This country though...

Baba for the simple facts that there is a problem that means a solution is needed. You can learn other stuff and be master and self-employed.
Re: 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria by M2dX(m): 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
JustCalMeDBoss:
Ok den, but video editing, u need a powerful computer
, how good was hp 635 for it ? 4gb ram

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Isn't This The Best Answer On Why You’re Leaving Your Current Workplace? / UBA Graduate Recruitment 2021 / NIMC April 2013 Interview At Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.