Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Nairaland Writers Are The Best - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Writers Are The Best (564 Views)

The Greed Of Nairaland Writers! / Nairaland Writers, How Are You Mentally? / Winners Of 2019 Nairaland Writers Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Writers Are The Best by Iamhappiness(m): 7:45am On Apr 05, 2018
I decided to type this after reading a topic 'list five of your favorite writers on nairaland.' Of a truth, this literature section is one of the best things on nairaland.
At first I wanted to mention five writers but I realised they're too numerous to mention. I do not know all of them but the few ones I know are the best. They're very talented, creative & intelligent too.
They are :Rachealfst, Bolape, Gh0sts, Bibi294, Repogirl, Tiffanyj, Royver, Ishilove, Mynd44, QueenNelly, Sleeqiam, Kayemjay, BiafranBushBoy, Souloho19, Divepen1, D9ty7, Babatope, Larrysun, Bibi123.
And the best part is that these people devote their time, energy, money and most important their intelligence in satisfying we the readers without asking for anything in return. What more can you ask for ?
Yet some aren't satisfied. They complain about everything. It's either they say the story is boring or the writers are slow at updating, his english is bad etc.
See if a writer decides to update once in a month, he or she has every right to do so. Do you know how many hours it takes to type one page ? No; you don't 'cause if you do, you won't be bugging them with 'slow update'.
Listen, nairaland is not their office, the least they deserve is your appreciation and not insults or condemnation. Some readers would insult or sometimes criticise a writer, you'd think they're {readers} the ones feeding him.
Some of these writers have their own blogs. But when did you bother to visit it not to talk of comment on their stories. Try to encourage them once in a while.
It's funny that we have these kind of talented people in Nigeria and yet our movie producers still produce wack movies. These stories can be adapted into blockbuster movies.
One of the major reason is ungratitude. When we see that someone is better than us, we begin to jealous them instead of encouraging them to do better. Most of these readers hide under the umbrella of criticism. But the truth is, they're angry that someone has so much gifts and creativity at the same time.
Look, if a writer decides not to complete his story on nairaland and asks you to purchase it or read it somewhere else ; Do not see it as an act of wickedness or stinginess. If you truly enjoyed the story, why not go there and buy it and thereby appreciate them instead of whining.
I used to laugh at how cunning we readers on nairaland are.
When a writer says 'I won't post the remaining chapters of this story on nairaland. If you want to read the complete story, go to 'so-so-so-and-so' and download it.'
They'd pretend as if they didn't see it. The next thing you'd see is 'Laide, thanks for today's update. Kindly post the next chapter asap.' And the writer won't have any option than to update. Some would even have the mind to say 'please send the complete story to my email 'falsepretence@gmail.com.'
Wait, do you think Seun is paying them ? Perhaps you think they're shareholders on nairaland, no they're not. Some even think the writers should be thankful that they're reading their stories.
No, you aren't helping them {the writers} in any way. The only person that's benefiting from your views is Seun.
So next time, think twice before you scream at them. They're human and not robots.
The truth is that we have lots of gifted people in Nigeria. But our problem is that we fail to appreciate them. It's not until when you give them money before you can show your appreciation.
Just a little kind words to them can a long way in boosting their morale. But what you guys are good at doing is to drain them of their energies.
If the same thing had been done to William Shakespeare, we wouldn't be celebrating him today.
William Shakespeare has no descendant on earth yet he's still relevant till today. JK Rowling wouldn't be the successful woman that she is today if her works wasn't appreciated.
Guys, please learn to celebrate good works and stop celebrating mediocrity. Some of our pop stars aren't half as talented as these {nairaland} writers.
J R R Tolkien is not talented than Rachealfst, J K Rowling is not better than Mynd44. The difference between them is 'opportunity.'
Although I'm a sinner but I have lot of faith in GOD. And I know GOD answers prayers irrespective of of who we are. So I'm using this opportunity to pray for all the writers on nairaland :
May GOD bless you beyond your imaginations. As you put smiles on thousands of faces, may you be happy always.
Pretty soon, sooner than you expected, you guys will be celebrated all around the world as a result of your good works insha Allah.
Well I won't leave here without saying the most important prayer 'cause at the end of the day, this earth is not our home. When the trumpet shall sound, may GOD count you and I worthy of HIS paradise in Jesus' mighty name I pray, amen.
Thanks.
Ma salam.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Writers Are The Best by Divepen1(m): 8:04am On Apr 05, 2018
wow... This means a lot.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Writers Are The Best by ghostwritter(m): 8:36am On Apr 05, 2018
Amen to your prayer and Thanks alot for ur words of encouragement.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Writers Are The Best by rachealfst(f): 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
I concur! Nairaland writers are the best. So much talents we've got here on literature section. I read some stories here and I just wish I'm a movie producer. I would have done justice to this wonderful stories.
As you have prayed @Iamhappiness so shall it be in Jesus name. The Lord will take you too to heights beyond your imaginations in Jesus name. God bless you, we (NL writers) appreciate this.
And thanks for the mention.

(1) (Reply)

PREMIUM Grammarly Account For Sale / Big Sis / JUST RELEASED: Bewitching Amaka. A Thrilling Romance Tale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.