Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori (51647 Views)

Mmesoma's JAMB Result, Hypocrisy, And The Shadow Of Ethnic Bias / My HOD Was Sacked For Defending The Rights Of Members Of His Department / Olori Memunat Graduates From University (Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Throwback: 8:43am On Apr 05, 2018
Earlier in the week, we were regaled by news that Covenant University embarked on a forced hair cutting for its male student population. The video of same also surfaced leaving many to wonder on the appropriateness of this action from the following standpoints

-Personal hygiene and public health, seeing that a single clipper was reused immediately for all.
-Fundamental human rights of an adult in a higher institution.
-The needlessness of the act as the video only showed students with regular moderate hair level being cut down to reveal the scalp.
-The hypocrisy of an older generation of adults to demonize the same hair levels and styles that were the norm in their days.
-The unrelenting demonization of the African hair by Africans and the bald headed.

Based on the last 2 points, I present to you younger pictures of Bishop David Oyedepo who is the founder of the school, to underscore the hypocrisy that history reveals.

Infact, I dare say that the likes of Matthew Ashimolowo, Pastor Adeboye and Ayo Oritsejafor cannot escape a scalp revealing haircut in a school like Covenant University, that has insisted that every male student must carry a bald head like its founder.

Does the headowner "Olori" not have rights over his own body?

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Throwback: 8:45am On Apr 05, 2018
More pictures.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by GavelSlam: 8:49am On Apr 05, 2018
Do what I say, don't do what I do.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Generica(m): 9:07am On Apr 05, 2018
The students are the owners of their heads, but the man is the owner of the school. If the owners of the head don't agree with the owner of the school, then let them take their heads elsewhere.

While what the man did may be wrong, he still has the power to decide what happens in the university.

193 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 05, 2018
You can't compare then with now!! Eye was dark then

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Beemhan(m): 10:25am On Apr 05, 2018
Hypocrites everywhere

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by mu2sa2: 11:13am On Apr 05, 2018
No be una say Oyedepo is anointed man of god and so can do no wrong?

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by greenmonk: 11:31am On Apr 05, 2018
mu2sa2:
No be una say Oyedepo is anointed man of god and so can do no wrong?
I cannot fathom the siege mentalliity of the black race where old bald men who don't want to make way for the younger generation in the various establishments want to force the young men to shone their head like the old men who seek to conceal their baldiness through skinheads.
God in his infinite wisdom gave each race their skin and hair stature I dont know why those of the negro should be of shame to them.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by MaziOmenuko: 11:33am On Apr 05, 2018
Hypocrites everywhere! How can you forcefully barb an adults hair because he is a student in your school? What is wrong with the african hair? same hair they rocked while they were much younger? Blody hypocrites.

And someone down here is saying since it is his school, he has the right to act savagely. That is the typical dark mentality that beclouds our sense of reasoning. So if I run an eatery and you come to my eatery to buy food, I have every right to serve you crawling insects? Because its my eatery and inasmuch as you are paying for the food, I can poison you willingly since you refuse to use other eateries?

Generica:
The students are the owners of their heads, but the man is the owner of the school. If the owners of the head don't agree with the owner of the school, then let them take their heads elsewhere.

While what the man did may be wrong, he still has the power to decide what happens in the university.

Nonsense!

224 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by GavelSlam: 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:

He is a stupid old man.

Not just him though.

The university is a place where your natural talent is nurtured and encouraged provided it doesn't impinge on another's rights or safety.

The talents, pride and creativity of the black man is being forcibly pounded by these crazy bald-heads who cannot understand the purpose of education.

Some of these things many of you might never understand due to your life circumstances.

To think the hypocrite even rocked much longer hair in his youth and whilst allegedly anointed, is taking the micky.

Stupid old man.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Thebrightest(m): 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:

Yeah! Same way he can decide to cut off their heads because he is the owner of the school and they are students of the school.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by ruggedtimi(m): 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
that's how they said if u keep goate it shows u are a bad guy. I don't see anything wrong with keeping your hair as far as you keep it clean and combed. But covenant uni say keeping hair is against the school laws therefore; as a student of covenant uni you have to obey the rules.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by HigherEd: 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2018
The overzealousness is really coming from the staff and not necessarily the church.
Lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by donblazer10(m): 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
Generica:

I put it to you that you're mad

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Varsitystories(m): 1:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
Hmnm
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Engraced2020: 1:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
Enlightening and educative I must confess

Check my signature to contact me for Lifetime Premium Grammarly Account for Proofreading purposes...Serious buyers please
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by 4kings: 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2018
HigherEd:
The overzealousness is really coming from the staff and not necessarily the church.
Lalasticlala
Hmm. To an extent true.
But Oyedepo still have issues with keeping of hair.
You must be dressed like Kings and Queens. Lol smiley

This is what i was saying about encouraging most of their students(especially undergrad) into research.
Most of their current achievements are by lecturers and some post grad students.

This semester a programmer working in Hebron startup lab was sent out cos of hair(when they don't even have up to 5 competent ones active there). When i was in school I never even entered that startup lab once, the dreamers committee by the former VC did not have a competent team even the startup lab till now have not really done anything significant since inception.

The guys excelling 3d modelling/simulation, programming, machine learning visual effects and other fields needed in Bioinfromatics, startuplab and other departments are MOST of the time not the ones that speak in toungues for hours in H.O.D ground at chapel but the guys that are being oppressed for silly issues like Jump trousers, hair, not bringing of bibles, 2 minutes late to chapel and seizing of id cards and other drama in that school.

Most of these initiatives that have been taking by the school are not sought after by all, cos there is a general perception most students have about things relating to names like "student council", "dean", "VC" and so on.

My work in the Programming school, BioInformatics and Startup lab was based on a relationship with a roommate in CU if not i wouldn't have known CU had interest in those things and they don't have much hand but consult at expensive prize when they are students availabe to work or research on most of these things.
But the school has made most students to worry about what should not be and not to be participative in some key areas.

Not sure how many people goto CUCRID meanwhile they are lots of opportunities there to make for a very innovative environment amongst students in CU not lecturers only. But again CU policy affecting the perception of most students.

Just my thoughts though.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 1:18pm On Apr 05, 2018
I don't understand all these media rants here and there.

Every organization, institution or company have their rules, their code of conduct.

If you don't like it, you fall out, no shekes.

And from my experience in boarding, there would have been some news making rounds within the campus before implementation, so it is not as if they woke up one morning to have their heads shaved without prior notice.

When you're in a place governed by laws, you obey the laws. If you feel obeying the laws will be an infringement of your rights, then leave and go to where your rights is law! angry

Abi, shey dem no sign terms and conditions of admission? undecided

And about the issue of sterility, I would say we are myopic, CU isn't a school that will be so careless not to enforce personal hygiene then go on to shave heads with just a clipper?

And even if it was a short sight on the part of CU, don't you think God is able to bar whatever demon n charge of whatever infection you guys are talking about to His glory?

A place where people go get get healing to diseases science haven't documented is where people are sighting the occurrence of infections?

Then I ask why do we follow Jesus if He can't even cover our blindsides?

Biko, don't underrate God!

Modified: The op sef isn't doing justice to this case by uploading pictures of Papa in ministry work, when he is a grown man able to fend for himself, accountable to himself and God.

The op should post pictures of Oyedepo while schooling, post the code of conduct of the school he attended and let us see whether he was a deviant?

Then justice would be done to this case

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Aceed: 1:53pm On Apr 05, 2018
4kings:

Hmm. To an extent true.

This is what i was saying about encouraging most of their students(especially undergrad) into research.
Most of their current achievements are by lecturers and some post grad students.

This semester a programmer working in Hebron startup lab was sent out cos of hair(when they don't even have up to 5 competent ones active there). When i was in school I never even entered that startup lab once, the dreamers committee by the former VC did not have a competent team even the startup lab till now have not really done anything significant since inception.

The guys excelling 3d modelling/simulation, programming, machine learning visual effects and other fields needed in Bioinfromatics, startuplab and other departments are MOST of the time not the ones that speak in toungues for hours in H.O.D ground at chapel but the guys that are being oppressed for silly issues like Jump trousers, hair, not bringing of bibles, 2 minutes late to chapel and seizing of id cards and other drama in that school.

Most of these initiatives that have been taking by the school are not sought after by all, cos there is a general perception most students have about things relating to names like "student council", "dean", "VC" and so on.

My work in the Programming school, BioInformatics and Startup lab was based on a relationship with a roommate in CU if not i wouldn't have known CU had interest in those things and they don't have much hand but consult at expensive prize when they are students availabe to work or research on most of these things.
But the school has made most students to worry about what should not be and not to be participative in some key areas.

Not sure how many people goto CUCRID meanwhile they are lots of opportunities there to make for a very innovative environment amongst students in CU not lecturers only. But again CU policy affecting the perception of most students.

Just my thoughts though.

Matthew 3:9 - And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Luke 19:40 - And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

My opinion though
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by talk2archy: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
thats my daddy
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2018
grin

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Queenext: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
I don't blame Oyedepo,I blame the students and the parents that allowed themselves to be treated as such.

If for anything reason, the school didn't want an afro,Ita expected a communique be passed, and a stated time given to comply.

But,since he's a man of God, he's right in the face of the sheepie.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by datola: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
ok
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by MztaIkp(m): 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
This table you people are shaking has powerful anointing on it o #OkBye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by eleojo23: 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
People are being sentimental here.

Is Oyedepo breaking any rule with his hairstyle in that picture?

The school has rules.

The students can carry any hairstyle when they are not in school. Nobody stops them from doing that but when they are in the school, they should obey the rules.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by thedondada(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
I am of the opinion that if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

If the school gives rules and regulations obey if the rules irk you don't go there.

I am baffled at complaints from covenant university. If it's bad and people stop applying for thier educational programs only them will react and behave themselves.

People always fail to realise that the power resides in the man who pays. Indoor pay for shit I don't like.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by paymentvoucher: 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
grin
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by ireneidiva(f): 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
4kings:

Hmm. To an extent true.

Just my thoughts though.
You kept going round and round. You ended up saying nothing.

12 Likes

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2018
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by IMASTEX: 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Imagine. . .
Re: Oyedepo In His Own Time: Throwback Haircut Hypocrisy And The Rights Of The Olori by profmallor: 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Simple!, obey the laws of their institution and you won't have to land in any form of trouble. No one forced anyone to seek admission there. Using unsterilized hair clippers would be the issue.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike / Induction Of Theatre Arts 100 Level Students Of UNIZIK. PICS / Motunrayo Afolayan: Olabisi Olaleye In Sex For Marks Accusation Scandal In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.