Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,520 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 (1542 Views)

Marketing Your Business / Get Publisher Rocket For Your Kindle Ebooks / Kindle Money Keyword Research Method $100 Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2018
How to Market a Kindle / CreateSpace Book

While eBooks can go viral on their own, why leave it to chance? Marketing a Kindle eBook does not need to be stressful or expensive. And it is never too early or too late to promote.After all the work you have put in to write the book, it only makes sense to do some promotion along with the efforts you have put in.

Some of the wonderful steps you can take include the following:

Prelaunch List Building – If you are a blogger there is a good chance you already have a growing email list. If not, this is a great time to open an AWeber account and start collecting those email addresses. This will allow you to build anticipation, communicate your progress, and announce your eBook’s release to those interested. While pre-ordering may not be available, you can certainly pre-sell your audience.

Giveaways – One of the big perks of Kindle Direct Publishing is the giveaway. Amazon allows you to make your eBook available for downloading free of charge five days every 90-day period. This is a great opportunity to get a little free promotion and hopefully reviews when you first release your eBook. There are dozens of websites that announce free Kindle eBooks.

Guest Blogging – I don’t know that every eBook is suitable for a virtual book tour, but if your ebook solves a problem you should not pass up this opportunity. Submit actionable guest posts to blogs in that niche. And this isn’t a limited time thing. Any time that you guest post on a relatable topic, link to your eBook in your author byline if allowed.

Sponsored Reviews – If you are a blogger you are likely already familiar with sponsored opportunities. Why not become the sponsor for once? If you already have an email list (or are building one during prelaunch) you can exchange a free copy of your eBook for a review by another blogger. If you do not currently have an email list or you would like to expand your reach beyond your own audience, sites like Business2Blogger offer an affordable option for connecting with review bloggers.

Blog About It – This may seem silly but there are so many people who are afraid to sell to their own audience. These are people who already trust you and love your content. There is absolutely no reason that they wouldn’t be interested in your eBook. Tell them about it!

Author Page – Once you publish your first Kindle eBook, you will be able to set up an author page on Amazon Author Central. This is a great opportunity for cross-promoting any future eBooks, you can include the RSS feed for your blog, link up your social profiles and more. Take advantage of this free publicity and feel free to link back to it in your email signatures, About Me blog page and more.

Social Media – This is another great place to build buzz for your new book. If you are in business to make money, you should always be culling and nurturing your following. Connie Brentford is a Twitter Master and has shared some tips with us in the past here. You can also join her Twitter for Authors mailing list.

Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 3:52pm On Apr 05, 2018
I have 6 books on amazon and 3 on Createspace and marketing is really a big aspect of this business.

Marketing is very important and will give your books exposure but its your book cover and description along with keywords that will make you sales.

At times you need to do it daily sef just to improve the traction.

Some of my book covers below.

Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2018
One of the ways to ensure you your books do well is to build a list.

Having a list or some form of audience will boost your chances of making it up Amazon's algorithm.

Prelaunch List Building – If you are a blogger there is a good chance you already have a growing email list. If not, this is a great time to open an AWeber account and start collecting those email addresses. This will allow you to build anticipation, communicate your progress, and announce your eBook’s release to those interested. While pre-ordering may not be available, you can certainly pre-sell your audience.

Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 9:23am On Apr 09, 2018
More on book marketing - www.askdavid.com

I got some mails over the weekend wanting to know how to use the site listed above.

www.askdavid.com is a book submission site where you can list your books for free and also for paid listing.

To use it for free, you need to have your books up on Amazon KDP SELECT and should be free. once you have done this you will be able to list a free listing for the duration.

also for the paid listing, you post will be available on their website for 3 days and also on twitter to over 51k follower (this figure includes facebook)

i took time to post my free book on twitter through their platform. You can also schedule for future dates.

I even have a tweet scheduled for May 2018.

Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by wakes: 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2018
Great. Thumbs up for the website. I wish you well.
Blessings!
Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
wakes:
Great. Thumbs up for the website. I wish you well.
Blessings!

You are welcome bro.
Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 6:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
Twitter Book Marketing

There are lots of handled on twitter where you can advertise your book.

I am currently running a free book promo for one of my books and I have been building relationships that would be of benefit on the long run.

Also I am beginning to get more likes and retweets.

This is one of the benefits of marketing your book on twitter but you must note that results always vary and you would get more download and sales on the short and long run.

Some marketing accounts on twitter include

@book_tribe

@klinkerbud

@AmazngKindles

@TweetYourBooks

@AmazngBooks

Go out there and get more audience for your books.

Below is a screenshot of my latest tweet

Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
Some of my scheduled tweets just went live.

It was done through www.askdavid.com

Their tweeter handle is @book_tribe

Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 6:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
Don't forget to market your books.
That's the next step after publishing.
Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 8:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
Good day everyone.

I hope we are all doing well as per marketing our books.

I would like to give everyone a new promotional site for books.

The site is :

www.allauthor.com

It has good features and would allow you list 4 books for free.

Lots of followers on twitter and instagram and facebook also.

Check it out and use it

Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 7:36am On May 01, 2018
Benefits of using KDP for publishing and pricing

First and foremost, it's important to note that book pricing (like any pricing in retail) is fluid. You as the author and publisher have power and control over the price, and the ability to change it when you see fit.

The main benefit of KDP when it comes to pricing it that it's flexible. You can set your book to pretty much any price you want. This flexibility is a massive advantage when it comes to testing and experimenting with your ebook pricing.

No matter how much advice you read and receive, you'll need to experiment with your pricing strategy, particularly when you're first starting out. It's all about finding the sweet spot between earning what you deserve for your hard work, and making sure readers are satisfie
Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 4:59pm On May 04, 2018
4 ebook pricing strategy ideas you can try.

1. Down and Up.
This method may help you in finding the best price point for your ebook. Reduce your ebook price by $1.00 every three days until you reach $0.99. Wait three days, and then raise your price in $1.00 increments up to say $4.99.

If you see an increase in sales at a certain price point, repeat the same exercise again to check if the same pattern occurs. If you don’t see enough sales to form a conclusion, try again with a longer frequency of perhaps five days.

2. Increase your price.
This may sound odd if you are struggling with sales, but a higher price can work on two fronts. One, a higher price often gives a potential buyer the sense of a better product (or ebook) and secondly, sales at a higher price will increase your ranking much faster.

3. Different US and UK prices.
These two ebook markets are very different and particularly when it comes to price sensitivity. I wrote about the differences between US and UK ebook prices in another post, and how UK ebook buyers are far more reluctant to buy ebooks priced over £1.99.

In fact, the majority of ebook sales in the UK are at £0.99. As Amazon UK is a geo-locked store, there is no problem with offering your ebook at a lower price compared to the US store, as only UK buyers can purchase ebooks from Kindle UK.

You can set different prices in your KDP pricing page by turning off the setting, ‘Set UK price automatically based on US price.’

4. Make book one very cheap.
If you have published a series, sacrifice the price of the first book in the series at say, $0.99 to hook new readers, and then set each subsequent title in steps of $1.00 more up to say, $3.99 for the latest title in the series.

Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 12:51pm On May 06, 2018
Twitter is a nice place to get the word out about your books.

I try to tell short stories and put the link to my books along with it.

Your main aim is to get authors and book promotion handles to re tweet your tweets.

You do not necessarily have to ask. Just take the following steps.

1. Follow them
2. Retweet their tweets
3. Like their tweets
4. Tweet about your book to them.
5. Repeat the process.

Doing this will get you retweets from them and also follows.

Note that this does not guarantee sales. A good book cover and high quality content will do that for you but you would have gotten more exposure for your books.

Try it.
Look at a retweet I just got.

Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 2:22pm On May 07, 2018

More strategies for pricing your ebook

1. Price your paperback high.
Amazon always compares the price of the paperback version with the Kindle version on a book sales page by putting a strikethrough line across the print book price above the Kindle price. It makes it look like a discount. So, why not make it look like a bigger discount by increasing the price of your paperback?

2. Increase the price before your free ebook days.
If you use KDP Select and have five free ebook days per enrollment period, increase your price before you start offering your ebook for free.

This is especially important if your normal price is $2.99 or less. Set your price to $3.99 or even a little higher to make your free ebook offering look like a real steal for free.

Update note: If you are enrolled in KDP Select, your ebooks are available for Kindle Unlimited readers. Pricing your ebook a little higher could make your book look like a very good deal to KU readers.

3. High and low.
A high price will return more profit, but a low price will deliver more readers, or at least that is the common logic. However, it is worth seeing if this is true for your own ebook.

If your ebook is $2.99, try changing the price to $0.99 for two weeks, followed by two weeks at $4.99. You might be surprised at the result.

Summary
There are no concrete rules for an ebook pricing strategy, except that doing nothing will probably result in the same.

So by experimenting with your ebook price, often in combination with your online book promotion, you will be taking proactive action that can only help in the long run.

The aim is of course to sell more copies of your ebook, so the price is of secondary importance, as at any price a bestseller is a bestseller.

Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by INFOTECH2: 6:27pm On May 12, 2018
Marketing your Print Books

Hello everyone.

Hope you are doing great? How do you market your print books? I came across a website that I believe would be beneficial to all of us on this forum.

The thing is that you can also use it for ebooks too.

The site is: https://www.indiesunlimited.com/2018/05/06/print-books-for-may-2018/comment-page-1/#comment-3488092908471512017

This site allows you to post your hard cover books as long as they are not above $15.

I just came across it today and I have made a post there. Presently, It is awaiting moderation

1 Like

Re: Marketing Your Kindle / Createspace Ebook Effectively 2018 by ufotty2001: 8:50am On May 02, 2020
INFOTECH2:
Marketing your Print Books

Hello everyone.

Hope you are doing great? How do you market your print books? I came across a website that I believe would be beneficial to all of us on this forum.

The thing is that you can also use it for ebooks too.

The site is: https://www.indiesunlimited.com/2018/05/06/print-books-for-may-2018/comment-page-1/#comment-3488092908471512017

This site allows you to post your hard cover books as long as they are not above $15.

I just came across it today and I have made a post there. Presently, It is awaiting moderation
thanks alot.. I have being trying to connect you

(1) (Reply)

1688 Taobao Nigeria - Http://china.getittome.ng 1st Africa Official Taobao Site / I Have Been Scammed / This Business Will Take Good Care Of You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.