Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,458 members, 7,843,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

My Experience Travelling To Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Travelling To Ghana (2306 Views)

My Experience Travelling With United Nigeria / My Bitter Experience Travelling To Nigeria With My White Husband / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Travelling To Ghana by francotorti(m): 12:53pm On Apr 06, 2018
Dear All,
It was a pleasure for me and my spouse visiting the beautiful city of Accra during Easter 2018.
Though its my first visit so i decided to go by road to enjoy the leisure of intersecting from border to border and seeing the faces of other African countries before arriving to Accra.

FINDINGS:
-Its wise if you are travelling with a particular transport company to also come back with same transport company. Do not travel with Cross-Country while going and decide to come back with ABC....you might be requested to pay additional 1000naira because Cross-Country usually use OWODE border when entering SEME while ABC don't use Owode and their stamp is different when applied to your passport.
-Wait till you arrive Ghana before buying a sim card because the one you buy at TOGO border might not be registered.

OBSERVATION:
-Do not change money on the way because there has been cases of Magic Money(They will give you an attractive rate and upon arrival to your destination, you might realized that your money is short or missing). Its very famous here in Lagos at Mutalla Mohammed International Airport.
-Eat what you are familiar with and drink mostly water or beer you are familiar with because your body system might not accept such meal.
-NIGERIA JELLOF RICE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM GHANA JELLOF. here in 9ja we have the best jellof rice and best African meal.
-UBER is your best bet while moving around because its cheaper, safer and very conducive compared to passer-by taxi.
-LIGHT IS STEADY IN ACCRA but FUEL is like 500naira/ltr which makes rate of living quite expensive compared to Nigeria.
-ACCRA is a beautiful city.

RECOMMENDATION:
-For starters, its best if you make available hard currencies like Dollar, Euro or Pound because you might be loosing if you travel with only NAIRA.
-You can make hotel bookings online to Niagara Hotel.....its approximately 15,000/night
-I will recommend anyone travelling by road to use GUO transport. Those people have class, swag and move faster.
-If you cant afford GUO, i will recommend you use ABC transport.

COMMENT:
-I had a wonder stay, visited some nice areas like Independence Square, National Museum, Accra market, Shoprite, Beach, Cinema and lots more.
-I tried eating KFC and noticed their salad is wack and their rice taste different but their chicken is same recipe.

.......#GodBlessNigeria
.......#GodBlessAfricans
.......#OneAfrica.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Travelling To Ghana by merit1988(f): 2:54pm On Apr 06, 2018
Nice. I'll travel next week to Ghana by road,just to disvirgin my passport. Thanks for the information
Re: My Experience Travelling To Ghana by cutieme(m): 3:25pm On Apr 06, 2018
How much,with GUO?
Re: My Experience Travelling To Ghana by Jfolu: 9:17am On Apr 07, 2018
how much is ABC transport.
Re: My Experience Travelling To Ghana by trustedward(m): 9:22am On Apr 07, 2018
Ok...hope u met Chief Nana Abrada abi abracadabra dah used to do money rituals for those yahoo boys?
Re: My Experience Travelling To Ghana by Tunesh(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
Please how much does it cost to travel by road to Ghana... Please does anyone have an idea for traveling by air.
Re: My Experience Travelling To Ghana by Freethinkerglob: 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2018
i will accommodate you for free. contact me if interested.

merit1988:
Nice. I'll travel next week to Ghana by road,just to disvirgin my passport. Thanks for the information
Re: My Experience Travelling To Ghana by merit1988(f): 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2018
Freethinkerglob:
i will accommodate you for free. contact me if interested.

thanks a lot for ur kind gesture
Re: My Experience Travelling To Ghana by Sugaro: 11:49am On May 25, 2018
francotorti:
Dear All,
It was a pleasure for me and my spouse visiting the beautiful city of Accra during Easter 2018.
Though its my first visit so i decided to go by road to enjoy the leisure of intersecting from border to border and seeing the faces of other African countries before arriving to Accra.

FINDINGS:
-Its wise if you are travelling with a particular transport company to also come back with same transport company. Do not travel with Cross-Country while going and decide to come back with ABC....you might be requested to pay additional 1000naira because Cross-Country usually use OWODE border when entering SEME while ABC don't use Owode and their stamp is different when applied to your passport.
-Wait till you arrive Ghana before buying a sim card because the one you buy at TOGO border might not be registered.

OBSERVATION:
-Do not change money on the way because there has been cases of Magic Money(They will give you an attractive rate and upon arrival to your destination, you might realized that your money is short or missing). Its very famous here in Lagos at Mutalla Mohammed International Airport.
-Eat what you are familiar with and drink mostly water or beer you are familiar with because your body system might not accept such meal.
-NIGERIA JELLOF RICE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM GHANA JELLOF. here in 9ja we have the best jellof rice and best African meal.
-UBER is your best bet while moving around because its cheaper, safer and very conducive compared to passer-by taxi.
-LIGHT IS STEADY IN ACCRA but FUEL is like 500naira/ltr which makes rate of living quite expensive compared to Nigeria.

RECOMMENDATION:
-For starters, its best if you make available hard currencies like Dollar, Euro or Pound because you might be loosing if you travel with only NAIRA.
-You can make hotel bookings online to Niagara Hotel.....its approximately 15,000/night
-I will recommend anyone travelling by road to use GUO transport. Those people have class, swag and move faster.

COMMENT:
-I had a wonder stay, visited some nice areas like Independence Square, National Museum, Accra market, Shoprite, Beach, Cinema and lots more.
-I tried eating KFC and noticed their salad is wack and their rice taste different but their chicken is same recipe.

.......#GodBlessNigeria
.......#GodBlessAfricans
.......#OneAfrica.
nice
Re: My Experience Travelling To Ghana by Sugaro: 11:50am On May 25, 2018
merit1988:
Hi pls can u share ur experience? Thanks
Re: My Experience Travelling To Ghana by Enasdan(m): 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2018
francotorti:
Dear All,

FINDINGS:

OBSERVATION:

RECOMMENDATION:

COMMENT:

.......#GodBlessNigeria
.......#GodBlessAfricans
.......#OneAfrica.
do you paid extra fee for your international passport to stamped at the Togo, Benin Republic and Ghana borders

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Direction Surulere To Ado Road Ajah / Travel Advice Needed / American Women Accepted My Offer To Be Her Care Giver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.