Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Types Of Follow-up Emails You Can Send After A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Types Of Follow-up Emails You Can Send After A Job Interview (1020 Views)

How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? / How To Follow-Up On Job Applications / Globacom Follow-up Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Follow-up Emails You Can Send After A Job Interview by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 06, 2018
1. Email after a phone interview
With a lot of applicants submitting their resume for a job, many organizations tend to conduct phone interviews to zoom in on the best of the bunch. However, you can’t just wait for the recruiter to give you a call for the follow-up interview. You should send him an email that would be a reminder that you’re interested in the position. In this email, you can mention the various projects that you may have worked on in the past.

For example:

Thank you so much for talking with me today and telling me about your experience of working with the company. Getting a chance to work with such a great team would surely be a major learning experience and I would really appreciate the chance. I am attaching my resume and a cover letter with this email. You can also find attached a project that I developed while working for my previous firm.

2. Email after an interview
You got a chance to attend the interview and gave it your best shot. Now is the time to send a follow up email after the interview, which is not only an appreciation for the chance but also a subtle reminder that you are a great candidate for the position.

For example:

Thank you so for taking the time to interview me today. My time getting to know the team was great and it gave me an insight into the kind of people I would be working with. I truly believe my skills and insights could add a lot to your team and together we could help the company surpass its goals.

3. Email after second interview
Sometimes at the end of the interview, recruiters are presented with a tough choice from a couple of promising candidates. In such cases, they often invite them for a second interview. In case this happens to you, there is all the more reason to send a follow-up email.

For example:

Thank you for inviting me for a second round of interview. After the first round, I was extremely enthusiastic about joining your firm. The second interview has reinstated the idea even more. The whole package of working in such a great organization, under the leadership of experienced personnel and on a highly responsible position, has enhanced my excitement. I look forward to being a part of your large team and to work towards meeting the company goals.

4. Email in case of no response
The wait after the interview can sometimes seem never-ending. What if you don’t hear anything from the company for a long time? Well, just send an email reminding the recruiter that you are still interested in the job.

For example:

It has been a few weeks since the interview and I look forward to hearing you from you regarding the position. During the interview, you had mentioned that you are looking for a hardworking and enterprising person who can improve your company’s functions. I am sure that I have what it takes and am still interested in the job. In case the job has been filled, please let me know. However, I just wanted to reiterate my interest in the job. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

5. Email asking for time to think on the offer
So, you have aced the interview, impressed the interview panel and finally got a job offer. Need some time to think about it? Well, just send an email and ask for some time.

For example:

Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with your organization. It is exactly what I have been aiming for. I would really appreciate if you gave me some time to think over your offer. I would like to reiterate that I am honored for having been selected by your esteemed organization. I understand that you too have time constraints. Is it okay if I get back to you next week?

6. Email to accept an offer
The coveted job has finally landed in your lap and you are totally impressed with the offer. All that you need to do now is to accept it.

For example:

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with your organization. I am excited about your offer and would like to accept the position. I look forward to working with such an outstanding team and contribute to its success.

7. Email to decline an offer
In case you get a better offer than the one you already have at hand, take some time out and write an email to decline the offer.

For example:

Thank you so much for the offer and an opportunity to work with your firm. However, I have decided to accept another competitive offer. This was not an easy decision since talking with you and your team members was a great experience. But I had to take this decision because [reason]. Thank you once again for offering me this job.

The follow-up emails that you write after an interview should be extremely professional and precise. This is what will make a positive impression on the recruiters and have them remember you for all the right reasons.

For more job tips, visit www.karakataonradio.com.ng

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Follow-up Emails You Can Send After A Job Interview by 4reala(m): 3:20pm On Apr 06, 2018
Hmmm1 Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Latest News On Nigeria Police Force Recruitment 2018 Of 6,000 Additional Policem / Front Office Manager Recruitment - Nigerian Only... Apply Now / Woman Denied Job As Company Says Her Name Is ‘ghetto’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.