Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,642 members, 7,851,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:23 PM

On #visabae And Finding Self - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / On #visabae And Finding Self (307 Views)

Self-care Tips For Navigating Grief And Finding Peace / Finding My Doppelganger / Nigerian Scammer Spares His Victim After Finding Out She Is Also A Nigerian. See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On #visabae And Finding Self by lanya: 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
Currently listening to Sia’s Waving Goodbye

This week has been short and uber interesting. Asides the usual weirdness of social media, my life has been twisting one way and then another.

Talking about Visabae, the lifestyle blogger with a feed to die for that created a Gofund me for donations towards her visa application as she was facing being deported back home, to Zimbabwe. At first when I saw that video of her crying, I thought girl, sell the bags! This was before I watched an interview where she said the designer “baby girl” lifestyle she portrayed on the gram wasn’t all real. She said some stuff she borrowed from friends while the rest were gifts from brands for collaborations.

I wanted to slap the taste out of her mouth.

Then I gave it more thought. It is the easiest thing to get lost in this snap, click upload, stream live world we live in now. Everything is fast and shiny and well curated and if you are not fast and shiny and well curated you begin to think the problem is with you. Maybe you’re not smart enough, rich enough, beautiful enough. It’s the easiest thing. Especially when you’re a creative.

Nobody cares that your content is relata... read more @https://olliealley./2018/04/06/on-visabae-and-finding-self/

(1) (Reply)

Osun Govt Releases Another N1.8bn Bond For Pensioners On CPS / Religion And Ignorance Part 1 / FEC Okays N80b For Lagos-ibadan Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.