Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos (39023 Views)

Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? / Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? / Struggles Of Living In A Rented Face Me & Face You Compound (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by squarelead(m): 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
May God grant us our heart desires. No one wishes to be a tenant all life. But some landlord can be frustrating, even here in IB.
They don't want your glory to outshine their own. Might be a general human behaviour tho.
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by allanphash7(m): 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2018
2. 4. 6. 7. Doesnt wo k where i live
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by ACE1010: 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2018
sekundosekundo:
3. Your landlord must be right at all time
Even when he fvcks your wife cheesy

4. He is entitled not to pay utility bills
Which law said this?

grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by InvertedHammer: 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2018
sekundosekundo:
3. Your landlord must be right at all time
Even when he fvcks your wife cheesy

4. He is entitled not to pay utility bills
Which law said this?

/
Some people are plain stu.pid.

Elevating a landlord to a demigod?

It might as well be how to be a slave to a landlord.

/
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by blessingsonflee(f): 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2018
In summary, don't live in the same compound with your landlord or build your own house smiley
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by Yankee101: 4:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
1. Don't live with your landlord
2. If you will want to pay rent for long in Lagos, it's better you plan to build in Ibadan and use the future speed train
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by successtutor(m): 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2018
The aroma from the kitchen when cooking must not supersede the landlady's own.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by YorubaAssasin: 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2018
LZAA:

YorubaAssasin should learn this and stop hating his igbo landlord kikikigrin
cc imhotep onyeoga

There's a Yoruba adage... "Eni to l'eru lo leru".. meaning... "Whoever that owns the slave owns the slave's properties" grin grin grin

I hear you. When we chase all of your pple out, we'll then know whether we own the properties or you just helped 'develop' them as our laborers.. grin grin

We own you Igbos and all those tiny miniatures you build on our lands belongs to us. Go figure...

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by naturalwaves: 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2018
Rule number 1: Never get an apartment where the landlord lives.
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by greggng: 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2018
You didn't mention don't smoke weed in your room. Also don't always on your a better pass my nebor
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2018
Useless article. You forgot to add that tenants should suck off on their landlord's junk.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by YorubaAssasin: 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2018
It's just about being modest, simple and God-fearing. To hell with all Landlords from Hell! angry angry angry
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by LZAA: 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

There's a Yoruba adage... "Eni to l'eru lo leru".. meaning... "Whoever that owns the slave owns the slave's properties" grin grin grin

I hear you. When we chase all of your pple out, we'll then know whether we own the properties or you just helped 'develop' them as our laborers.. grin grin

We own you Igbos and all those tiny miniatures you build on our lands belongs to us. Go figure...

ok but pay ur rent grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by sekundosekundo: 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Some people are plain stu.pid.

Elevating a landlord to a demigod?

It might as well be how to be a slave to a landlord.

/

I wonder why people thinks that their landlords did them a favour by allowing them to rent his property. They do this foolishly not knowing that the landlord is a man doing business with his prpperty and must be dealt with anytime he misbehaves.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by LZAA: 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2018
YorubaAssasin:
It's just about being modest, simple and God-fearing. To hell with all Landlords from Hell! angry angry angry
shoo i beg ur igbo landlord for you? grin grin
cc imhotep onyeoga
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by Greatzeus(m): 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2018
A guy told me his landlord doesn't allow any tenant use Air conditioner,I was like wtf shocked
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2018
disagree with you on point 4 FYI the aparyment wad paid for so its not free, the stupid landlorf must pay his bills.

we should not worship landlords especially those that live on rent.
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by chronique(m): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2018
No 1 and 6 on point. It's scary when you come out of your apartment in the middle of the night or early in the morning, and meet complete strangers roaming around or opening your gate and when you confront them,they tell you they live inside that compound. That's a template for a serious security breach and no sane landlord would tolerate that. Trying to form ring leader and defying the authority of the owner of the house,is a sure way to get kicked out in a jiffy. As for no 4,I don't agree with that.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by Brainardc(m): 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2018
[b][/b] grin that no. 7 though
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by murmee: 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2018
pinnket:
angry

8: don't own a cat. Owning a cat signifies that you're a witch and the one behind every other tenants misfortune.
Or a dog.
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2018
sekundosekundo:

I wonder why people thinks that their landlords did them a favour by allowing them to rent his property. They do this foolishly not knowing that the landlord is a man doing business with his prpperty and must be dealt with anytime he misbehaves.
That is the begining of problem with that kind of thinking. Who did each other a favour, somebody who provided the house or you who provided the money. My tenant have this thought and I just throw him out. He want to be putting on his generator all through the night thinking he is doing me a favour by staying in my house.
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by einsteine(m): 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2018
toyetade:

That is the begining of problem with that kind of thinking. Who did each other a favour, somebody who provided the house or you who provided the money. My tenant have this thought and I just throw him out. He want to be putting on his generator all through the night thinking he is doing me a favour by staying in my house.

He is doing you a favor by patronizing you. For the period he has paid for, that apartment is his property. You can only throw out someone who doesn't know his rights.

Anyway, I blame those who stay in those old houses that have landlords also living in the same building. Would never live in such apartments again.
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by sekundosekundo: 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
toyetade:

Exactly, both landlord and tenant are pure business men, give me your house and I will give you my money. The landlord needs the money while the tenant needs the house. Both of them shouldn't lord over each other.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by sekundosekundo: 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
einsteine:

He is doing you a favor by patronizing you. For the period he has paid for, that apartment is his property. You can only throw out someone who doesn't know his rights.

Anyway, I blame those who stay in those old houses that have landlords also living in the same building. Would never live in such apartments again.

No sir, there's nothing like favour here.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by supperpaintsUSA(m): 5:03pm On Apr 07, 2018
Many quit notice are prayer answered,comot for my house nobi the end of life.therefore leave your life not landlord life .if landlord is not ready for business he should leave in house with his household.nowahala

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by meneski(m): 5:07pm On Apr 07, 2018
dis one way i dey plan to migrate to lagos??
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by zoedew: 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2018
You forgot to add not to bring in new electrical appliances and furnishings during the daytime and to the knowledge of the Landlord!
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by Unionised(m): 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2018
id4sho:
10: No flexing, changing cars, cooking meat /bringing take away upandan bcus your rent go dey increase as chilling is increasing.

mathematical it is inversely proportional. my 2 cent

Explain this your "inversely proportional theory" in relation to your submission above.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 07, 2018
Just don't rent an apartment where the landlord also lives in the same building/compound.

Shikena!
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by nobilie: 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
This is for tenants in small houses (face me I slap you).
You live in a flat, own your own electric meter. Pay your security bill and collect receipt. If you don't support the landlord and he gives you a quite notice, he will give you 6 months plus x months to leave.

I thought you want to say, don't restructure the house, plant flower or dig borehole with your money if you live in rented apartment.
Re: 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2018
shocked grin
damiplovR:
Dont install ac if you have not paid rent finish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Kakawa Street, Lagos Island (Photos) / Building With Interlocking Bricks(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.