Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,836 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) (1268 Views)

Elliot Ofa: Gunmen Kill PDP Councillorship Candidate In Delta (Photos) / Benjamin Ekuri Ofa Defraud People Of Over N250m / ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by zurielsam(m): 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2018
I don't know much about analyzing situations and i also dont know the right topic but bare with me. i want to bring out somethings that have been bugging me since the Robbery incident at offa.
If you are living in Kwara you will understand this better. As much as i know, Three main roads leads to Offa one fromm Ilorin enroute to Ajase to Ijagbo/Offa, The second one from Omu-Aran enroute Oro to Ajase to Ijagbo/Offa, and the 3rd one from Osun state through Erin. Now my question is how those guys came into the town with all the weapon they use. Lets start from the road from Ilorin. Ilorin to Ajase is a Journey of 30 minute or even less that and between these two towns the least police check points you will meet is 4 sometimes up to 6, you will meet FSARS, MOPOL, Operation Harmony and the conventional Police. If you are use to this route you will know what the Police do on this route, they only stop vehicle and take N100 or 200 from the Drivers and the way they will ask for it you will be confuse maybe that money is there birth right like the last time i was going to Oro and they stop us the driver told them He has given them when he pass not long ago the policeman said "ti e o ba fun wa ti e sope e fun wa Olorun ri yin o" (Ife you didnt give us and you said you gave us, God sees you) the only thing Police search on this route is if they see that you are a student especially if you are from Kwara Poly or COED Oro, they will ask you to come down and they will search your bag for Tramadol.
Next is the Omu-Aran Road. Between Omu-aran and Oro enroute to Ajase you will meet like 2 check points and a Millitray check point at the Outskirt of Omu-Aran, and Between Ajase and Offa you will also meet like two check point and the last time i went to Offa, i thinki i saw a Millitary check point around that Okin Biscuit Area. Now atleast from Omu Aran to Offa You will meet an average of five check points and from Ilorin to Offa an average of 6 checkpoints. i dont Know much about the route from Osun but i know there are many checkpoints there too. the Other route i know of is the one from Ila-Orangun that leads to Agbamu beside Oro and from oro to Ajase to Offa. Now my question is what is the usefulness of all these checkpoints if these robbers can transport their weapons and ammunition which is not in small quantity and they pass thorough all these checkpoints without been accosted by either the military or the police.
Now another question bothering my mind is that; according to my friend there the robbers first went to the police station to attack them, if the police stattion can easily be attacked like that without the police trying to repel them infact some where killed among the cars thats to say they are trying to run, what is the hope of a common man then in terms of security. come to police stations in Kwara state you will see them under one big tree usually Neem tree gisting even playing Ludo. No strategic positioning for emergency, no look out post, noth8ing at all, all they do is relax, settle family quarrel and go back home, now tell me why they wont be that open to attack.
another question is those robbers operated fro almost two hours without any disturbance and i thinki there is a Navy base in Offa, why cant the Navy personnel come out to counter the robbers or what is the use of the navy base if they cant protect their host town. You will see them going to beat guys that threatens their girlfriends.

My opinions is that the security apparatus are to be blame for this attack.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by zurielsam(m): 8:40pm On Apr 07, 2018
Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by tungamaje: 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
Good observations

1 Like

Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by MENZPRIDE(m): 11:04pm On Apr 07, 2018
"When the centre cannot hold......"

It's a reflection of the system we have in Nigeria, if any.
Police Recruitments is more of job creation than security.
The kind of Police personnel we have today are the by-products of; Godfatherism, Politicisation, ' undeserved recruits', etc. Add Poor Welfare Scheme to the mix and tell us the result.
Every Police man is left to fend for himself and his family and they do it thru any means necessary...
At the end of the day, it's every man ( police man ) for himself and God for us all!
"Police work Na Your Papa Work, wey you wan die for police work
That's the Mentality n System we have.

2 Likes

Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by uchman48(m): 11:40pm On Apr 07, 2018
Thier best reply is POLICE sef get family,
Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by horlabiyi(m): 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2018
Good observation.
Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by Shroud: 12:17am On Apr 08, 2018
OP is it navy to do police work? Even the army are not supposed to be on the streets.

The foolsh unprofessional police should be retrained.

2 Likes

Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by zurielsam(m): 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
MENZPRIDE:
"When the centre cannot hold......"

It's a reflection of the system we have in Nigeria, if any.
Police Recruitments is more of job creation than security.
The kind of Police personnel we have today are the by-products of; Godfatherism, Politicisation, ' undeserved recruits', etc. Add Poor Welfare Scheme to the mix and tell us the result.
Every Police man is left to fend for himself and his family and they do it thru any means necessary...
At the end of the day, it's every man ( police man ) for himself and God for us all!
"Police work Na Your Papa Work, wey you wan die for police work
That's the Mentality n System we have.

thanks these are my thought also

1 Like

Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by zurielsam(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
Shroud:
OP is it navy to do police work? Even the army are not supposed to be on the streets.

The foolsh unprofessional police should be retrained.

i know its not there job but they can help

i remember sometimes last year i was traveling from Ilorin and there was heavy down pour which led to heavy traffic between Offa Garage and Ganmo we were in that traffic for ovrr 2 hours the police men could not clear it and some Navy guys were going to their base in Offa that day they came down and clear that road under 15 minutes why can't they say its not their job and sit down watching
Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by Ekajuk: 1:58pm On Apr 08, 2018
its easy to analyze. The best way is fund the police, Train them and Vet the recruitment process. Those Police that died have families. They died for the Country .
Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by Holywizard: 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nigerian police officers that put on jeans and polo inside in case of kasala so that they'll be able to flee and mix up with ordinary civilians
Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by Venica(f): 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
this country ehhh!!
Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by TheOtherRoom: 12:24am On Apr 09, 2018
Iif innocent commuters or students may you never find peace. You have neglected your main duty and corrupted the system, may all those money you have collected be your doom. embarassed you have failed your colleagues and the innocent civilians murdered by those thieves
cry
Re: Conspiracy Of The Police In The Ofa Roobery (personal Opinion) by zurielsam(m): 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
TheOtherRoom:
I remember traveling from Benin to Ilorin on the 9th of February early this year, we had to pass through offa. The moment we entered Kwara State both soldiers, police and mobile Police men at each checking point were just collecting 100 hundred naira.
The Nigerian security apparatus is a shame to the globe at large.
If you are a soldier or police man and you have ever collected 100 naira at any checking point in kwara State or molested innocent commuters or students may you never find peace. You have neglected your main duty and corrupted the system, may all those money you have collected be your doom. embarassed you have failed your colleagues and the innocent civilians murdered by those thieves
cry
that's exactly my point the checking points are useless they aren't checking anything they just stay there to collect #100 from motorists and molest students

(1) (Reply)

WATCH Live Video Of The Offa Bank Robbery HERE / Drama As Woman Fights Man In Public After Quarrel, Police Storm Area. Photos / Recent Graduate Dies After Vomiting Blood In Edo State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.